XBLA: SFII in June for $5, Lumines in Aug/Sep for $15, according to leaked mag report

toper

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
(taken from joystiq.com):

http://www.joystiq.com/2006/06/08/xbla-sfii-in-june-for-5-lumines-in-aug-sep-for-15-according/

"Club Skill reports that according to an unspecified magazine leak -- we know, it sounds suspect (but there is a screen shot) -- Street Fighter 2 will finally arrive on the Xbox Live Arcade this month, to the tune of 400 points ($5). The leaked info cites at least 12 additional marketplace releases, including Lumines Live, which is scheduled for release in August/September for an unprecedented 1200 points. Lumines will be joined by Pac-Man (400 points), Frogger (400 points), and Roboblitz (800 points) in the August/September release window.

Also of note, is a Kameo add-on that will beef up the game's difficulty and introduce competitive multiplayer elements (500 points). Again, these release dates and price points have not been officially verified, but the leaked report does list accurate information about several content downloads that have already been released/confirmed."

If true, that's certainly cheaper than I would have expected for SFII and exactly what I expected for Lumines (although it's not unprecedented - Bankshot Billiards).

Lumines is probably worth that much. SFII is not, however, so the $5 is fairly appealing.

Still - I'll believe it when I see it.

Who knows, maybe SFII will come out tomorrow since that calendar from a while back did say June 10th....yep. Sure.

Isn't Bankshot Billiards 1600? I'll pay 1200 for Lumines, since I've heard nothing but raves about it on the PSP.

What about UMK3?

I'll definitely pay that for both of those titles, provided they add extra content to lumines.

Aw hell who am I kidding, I'd buy it anyway.

[quote name='Transformah']Isn't Bankshot Billiards 1600? I'll pay 1200 for Lumines, since I've heard nothing but raves about it on the PSP.

What about UMK3?[/QUOTE]

No, Bankshot is 1200. It's the equivalent of $15.

sf2 is only worth 400 good to see its not 1200 points but i still think ill pass
been playing the old one on snes .. and it just doesnt do it for me mku3 maybe
but weres marvel vs capcom a good 2d fighter

Also of note, is a Kameo add-on that will beef up the game's difficulty and introduce competitive multiplayer elements (500 points)

No one noticed this? People complained like hell when Oblivion "left off features", where is all the hate towards Kameo? They are basacially charging you money for an extra difficulty level. It's almost like saying "Hey, we rushed the game to meet launch, now pay for all the features we left out".

[quote name='Roufuss']No one noticed this? People complained like hell when Oblivion "left off features", where is all the hate towards Kameo? They are basacially charging you money for an extra difficulty level. It's almost like saying "Hey, we rushed the game to meet launch, now pay for all the features we left out".[/QUOTE]
1. It's coming out a long time after the game's launch. Oblivion's first stuff was out in a few weeks.

2. I don't think people are nearly as into or as passionate about Kameo as they are Oblivion.

[quote name='danked']sf2 is only worth 400 good to see its not 1200 points but i still think ill pass
been playing the old one on snes .. and it just doesnt do it for me mku3 maybe
but weres marvel vs capcom a good 2d fighter[/QUOTE]
Probably won't be seeing the MvsC games for a long time, if ever. The Marvel license doesn't belong to Capcom anymore, so any chance of that happening right now is nonexistent.

[quote name='Roufuss']No one noticed this? People complained like hell when Oblivion "left off features", where is all the hate towards Kameo? They are basacially charging you money for an extra difficulty level. It's almost like saying "Hey, we rushed the game to meet launch, now pay for all the features we left out".[/QUOTE]

Doesn't bother me one bit. They already gave us the online co-op add-on for free and I'm kind of impressed that they are still producing new content for the game. And it seems like it is more than just an extra difficulty setting as they are adding more multiplayer components to it as well. I really haven't given this game as much playtime as I should.

[quote name='KaneRobot']
Probably won't be seeing the MvsC games for a long time, if ever. The Marvel license doesn't belong to Capcom anymore, so any chance of that happening right now is nonexistent.[/QUOTE]

It could still happen, Capcom would just have to get permission to use the rights, and probably pay some kind of royalty fee to use the characters. It's probably way too much crap to go through though.

I remember Capcom had to go into some kind of agreement with... Activision (who held the license), I think, to make the port of MvC 2 on PS2 / Xbox.

[quote name='KaneRobot']1. It's coming out a long time after the game's launch. Oblivion's first stuff was out in a few weeks.

2. I don't think people are nearly as into or as passionate about Kameo as they are Oblivion. [/QUOTE]

Couldn't have said it better.

Now if they would just give me Contra I might actually purchase an Arcade game. Nothing so far has been able to lure my cash.

Yes I all over SF2 for that much! Lumines is a great game and worth the 1200 points. I can't wait for these releases! Plus Galaga, Pac-Man, Contra and UMK3!

marketplace5jr.jpg

SeanR1221 posted this a day or two ago on the SFII thread so here's a copy and paste ;)

So did they ever answer if we'll be required to play those WB music videos during the actual gameplay?

If we are, forget that. I'm not paying $15 for free promotion of Madonna or any other WB artists.

[quote name='terribledeli']So did they ever answer if we'll be required to play those WB music videos during the actual gameplay?

If we are, forget that. I'm not paying $15 for free promotion of Madonna or any other WB artists.[/QUOTE]
It's a privelege!

People PAY for that music! Do you realize that! :whistle2:x

[quote name='I AM WILLIAM H. MACY']
People PAY for that music! Do you realize that! :whistle2:x[/QUOTE]

Thats the scary part.

Hyper SF2 is worth far more than Lumines.

But hey, if it's $5, that's good shit.

I'd much rather see SSF2x, SFA2, or the Darkstalkers games on XBLA before MvC2.

And why release UMK3, but not MK2? MK2 is such a better game, hopefully it gets released on XBLA at some point.

I don't want Lumines Live at all since it's probably going to end up being the same game I have on the PSP but without the cool techno music. SFII Turbo though... for $5, I'm required as a member of the human race to buy this.

It's great news but it's funny - at $5 SFII is a no-brainer but I think $15 for Lumines is $5 too much. If they were both $10 I'd probably buy both eventually though... weird...

[quote name='Purkeynator']Its not Turbo, its Hyper Fighting. And $5 is an awesome price.[/QUOTE]

Same difference.

[quote name='buttasuperb']Hyper SF2 is worth far more than Lumines.[/QUOTE]

Nah. SF2 is a fine game, but it's old and has been released a million times already. I don't have a problem with paying a little more for a more recent game that has broader appeal.

I'm willing to bet the artist videos that play in the background will be optional on Lumines. Think about it - they're always going to want to keep adding new videos, and allowing videos to be downloaded on-demand would keep the actual standalone game size reasonable.

So by that reasoning, we won't be "forced" to listen to music that we might not want.

Hell, even if we are....just use a custom soundtrack.

[quote name='zewone']They changed the music for the Xbox version of Lumines?[/QUOTE]

people keep mentioning Madonna...haven't read anything about the game yet myself, but i'm scared.

I'm with Javery in terms of the Lumines price. Also I have a few good XBLA suggestions that are no-brainers that we haven't received yet.
1.Monopoly. I think this game is perfect for XBLA and I'm surprised MS hasn't released it yet since we just got UNO.
2.Culdcept. Would this be such a big deal? I could see NEC welcoming this being sold on XBLA if MS courted them and it would have the one feature the PS2 version was missing: online play.

I must admit with Lumines XBLA is starting to intrigue me. I'm trying to think of some other shit like it that might get released, my bet is on Alien Hominid.

bread's done
Back