XBLA - Sonic & Knuckles - 400pts - 9/9 (LOCKS ON WITH SONIC 1/2/3!!!)

No. It means you can play as Knuckles in the other games.

Kinda interesting.. all 4 games together will be 1600 points, which is about $20... which is about the same price you can get the Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection for. Unfortunately, Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection doesn't have lock-on, you guys think that Sega left it out on purpose? So that we would be paying extra on Xbox Live?

[quote name='PhrostByte'] Unfortunately, Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection doesn't have lock-on, you guys think that Sega left it out on purpose? So that we would be paying extra on Xbox Live?[/QUOTE]

Is there any other reason to leave the lock-on tech out of the "ultimate" collection? Yes I think they held out on purpose! Regardless, im stoked for this. It would be sweet if they at least made achievements for S3+K considering that game is full length, and there are 14 emeralds to get.

[quote name='Captain Freeze']lock on with 1!?[/QUOTE]

If it's actually like how it originally worked, it was nothing but Sonic 3/S&K, special stages over and over.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Where did you get the August 9th date from? That article you linked didn't specify a date...unless I missed it.[/QUOTE]

Oops. I meant August '09, not August 9th, sorry for the confusion. :]

[quote name='BackInBlack']Is there any other reason to leave the lock-on tech out of the "ultimate" collection? Yes I think they held out on purpose! Regardless, im stoked for this. It would be sweet if they at least made achievements for S3+K considering that game is full length, and there are 14 emeralds to get.[/QUOTE]

yeah, they definitely left it out on purpose. FWIW, I read that they claimed ignorance on it, then some guy posted the actual code for the lock-on to work, which theoretically could be put into a patch for UGC, and that guy pretty much got ignored...and here we are, lock on is a special feature for the XBLA version only :lol:

hate backbone so much!

Wait, so content-wise, do I still have everything covered if I own the Sonic Mega Collection for Xbox? Or does the "lock on" add more stuff? I'm playing catch-up with the Sonic games since I never had a Genesis as a kid :p

[quote name='BustaUppa']Wait, so content-wise, do I still have everything covered if I own the Sonic Mega Collection for Xbox? Or does the "lock on" add more stuff? I'm playing catch-up with the Sonic games since I never had a Genesis as a kid :p[/QUOTE]

Yeah, you're still good.

But you're missing out on achievements :p

finally. been waiting for this too long. beat sonic 3 in little more than an hour. At least this time ill have to play through 2 times.

[quote name='QiG']I'm confused, does that mean the purchase of S&K means it includes the other games within it?[/QUOTE]

The version on partnernet does allow you to DL the other sonic games from with in S&K, but not sure about the retail.

[quote name='PhrostByte']So it's out and apparently doesn't have the level select/save feature that the original had. FML.[/QUOTE]

Were you suprised by this? Sonic 3 didn't have it, figured this wouldn't either.

Already ran through this with Sonic, and failed harsh at getting all 7 emeralds. Gona finish this up tonight with Knuckles.

[quote name='BackInBlack']Were you suprised by this? Sonic 3 didn't have it, figured this wouldn't either.

Already ran through this with Sonic, and failed harsh at getting all 7 emeralds. Gona finish this up tonight with Knuckles.[/QUOTE]

I actually never got neither Sonic 3 nor Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection because they don't contain the complete game...

Is the old Xbox collection the real deal at least? Maybe I should just pick that up instead. :\

bread's done
Back