XBLA - The Dishwasher: Dead Samurai - 800pts

The Dishwasher was originally an XNA Community Games but was awarded a contract from Microsoft and promoted to full XBLA with achievements. It will probably be 1200 mspoints ($15). I didn't like it. But I did love JellyCar, which looks like it may not be available on Community Games because the developer wants it to be free. Google it for PC demo.

Yeah. While I think it's cool this kid makes a game and then gets a contract from MS that part is cool but I am sorry that kid created all that I hate to say it and will get flamed for it probably but kid's got issues seriously. I like my blood and gore in my games but this is just crazy (especially for a XBLA title)

[quote name='saunderscowie']I wonder if they'll ever be a 400 ms point game released again. I'll check out the demo.[/QUOTE]

Check out the Communiy Games. Weapon of Choice, Word Soup and Carnyvale are all 400 points. The guy who did The Dishwasher has two 200 point games on there, one is a simple Smash Bros style game, and the other is a 2D online deathmatch game.

^

only thing i remember from it was beating one boss. gaining a new sword which allowed you to air dash. so there are new skills, not sure if its attached to the weapon or not...and not sure how easy it is to swap between them.

So how exactly does this work if someone already bought it as a Community game? Do you have to pay for it again when it gets "promoted" to Live Arcade? Does the Community version get removed from the marketplace?

[quote name='BustaUppa']So how exactly does this work if someone already bought it as a Community game? Do you have to pay for it again when it gets "promoted" to Live Arcade? Does the Community version get removed from the marketplace?[/QUOTE]

You're getting confused. There is no community game version of The Dishwasher.

Over a year ago there was a brief demonstration of Community Games that were in the Dream.Build.Play competition on Live, one of those demos were of a pre-build of The Dishwasher. At that time there was no Community Games service. The winner of the contest would get the chance to publish their game as a full Xbox Live Arcade title.

Since then the developer has been getting it ready for XBLA.

I just tried the demo last night but got too sleepy to put much time into it. I'm going to play it again later today. I really like what I played so far though. I might pick this up.

Pretty good, so far. I felt obligated to support it. :cool:

I can appreciate that the art style is different, but it looks like the drawings on some token metal / quasi-emo high school kid's notebook... but I still like it, because it's so different from any other professionally released title.

The story is unfortunately glib, however.

Gameplay? Thumbs up.

Sweet mother of God; How the fuck do you beat the viking boss?

Anybody else think the demo is very meh? It seems very button mashy. It did back when it was an XNA demo too. Although the graphics and effects are very nice.

The game gets pretty hard. I think I'm going to play through easy first, because it seems the upgrades carry through each difficulty.

[quote name='woodcan']Anybody else think the demo is very meh? It seems very button mashy. It did back when it was an XNA demo too. Although the graphics and effects are very nice.[/QUOTE]
Seems like anything but a button masher.

The teleportation sword and getting the correct execution make the gameplay pretty deep.

[quote name='Brak']Seems like anything but a button masher.

The teleportation sword and getting the correct execution make the gameplay pretty deep.[/QUOTE]

I played a little bit last night and found that getting the correct execution helps alot. If you correctly excute your stunded enemies you get a health bonus. When I first started out I just was doing whatever and getting my arse kicked. After I figured this out I was doing much better.

I also really enjoyed the first guitar solo :bouncy:

Just beat the game.

Now I have to step it up to Normal. :cool:

game is a freakin blast. i only got to level 3, died twice on the way both times on trash mobs. bosses aren't that difficult but im sure that will change. dish challenge mode is $$$$ pick axes + guns is awesome...oh and using a shotgun is very satisfying.

Got through the first 3 stages on Easy. I only have one pick, though. Seems like upgrading will be pretty slow.

[quote name='thrustbucket']dodge points?[/quote]
dodge challenger promotion? they gave away 50-100?points per email. gmail dot trick worked so a lot of people cashed in on those free points....it was just time consuming putting all those codes into the account.

Anyways about the game. I completely forgot x,x,x, down+x launches the guy. back to chopping people up.

that viking is frusterating. I know how to kill it (jump up and attack his head) and I can get him down to a sliver of life left but I always end up dying even with 9 breads

[quote name='flybrione']I also really enjoyed the first guitar solo :bouncy:[/quote]

So what's up with this? I vaguely remember reading something about this but don't remember what the deal was.

^
Haven't gotten to the solo yet but I got a power up that allows a second player to tap the green fret while i play the story mode. got it a couple days ago and forgot what it does tbh. seems like a neat addition to the game.

I played the demo but it seemed kinda pointless. Kill a few enemies, run to the next room, kill a few more. Not much in the way of actual level designs.

[quote name='Brainwave0']So what's up with this? I vaguely remember reading something about this but don't remember what the deal was.[/QUOTE]

Guitar Solos in the game are timed button presses, and as long as you get 70% or over you get a psycho pick, which are needed to buy upgrades.

[quote name='fart_bubble']that viking is frusterating. I know how to kill it (jump up and attack his head) and I can get him down to a sliver of life left but I always end up dying even with 9 breads[/QUOTE]

I'm stuck here.

bread's done
Back