XBLA - Torchlight - March 9 - 1200 points

[quote name='theredworm']is these co-op on one console, me and the girlfriend like playing games like this but it'd be on the same xbox[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately Torchlight didn't have any co-op, but Torchlight 2 will feature co-op. Hopefully this title sells well on XBLA and we're bound to have the sequel on XBLM shortly after its PC release.

Hrm I didn't take much notice to leveling up. But my troll form pet DESTROYS peeps even on hard difficulty. Kinda makes it even easier experience lol.

Right now the only thing thats bothering me is the frame rate. Maybe cause I'm a caster but with all those enemies on the screen things get really hectic.

Otherwise extremely addicting as the PC version. Again, highly recommended and hope enough people buy it so we can see side by side PC and 360 releases of Torchlight 2 (though thats probably wishful thinking).

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Seems that pets don't level up at all now, unless it's just the lizard pet that can't level up.[/QUOTE]

I didn't know pets leveled? On the other hand, my ogre for my alchemist is actually doing hefty damage (300ish per hit, with crap green jewelery on, and only a fireball 2 spell).

[quote name='Rhett']I didn't know pets leveled? On the other hand, my ogre for my alchemist is actually doing hefty damage (300ish per hit, with crap green jewelery on, and only a fireball 2 spell).

Hrm....Not a fan, at all, of the XBL Arcade games. Usually play the trial then delete them right away. This one though, gotta admit I fell in love with it within the first 5 minutes, then went and bought the full version. The look reminds me of WoW, and the gameplay is just simple, which I'm loving. Funny that I like it since I hated Diablo & Diablo 2.

Ran into a bug that caused my 360 to freeze when I tried to break a weapon with two gem slots to get the two gems back.

Edit: Actually found out by accident that pets can equip two rings and a necklace like in the PC version, though the UI doesn't spell that out like the PC version does by showing available equipment slots on the inventory screens.

Last edited by a moderator:
cool demo but this would've been an absolute blast with co-op. As a fan of Diablo 2, this game shows that a Diablo clone could work on console. Add online capability and you got yourself a must have.

[quote name='xblaze23']cool demo but this would've been an absolute blast with co-op. As a fan of Diablo 2, this game shows that a Diablo clone could work on console. Add online capability and you got yourself a must have.[/QUOTE]

yep, played the demo and liked it however co-op would've been a deal maker

i can wait till it's on sale

Torchlight crashed my xbox...there was just too many things going on at once with all the multiple spell effects, minions, and monsters...plus the waterfall background froze me up twice. I guess I won't gather up the masses then spam stunning AoE's on them for quick and easy xp anymore.

Still...hours and hours of mindless grinding fun. x3

Give your pet Troll (Dervish). It's mighty.

Played the demo and wound up buying it. I think the controls are much much better than PC, but inventory management is a little overwhelming. It's also a little hard for me to settle on a view, close up is good for certain things, but winds up being way too close for other things.

The text is pretty small, I could see some people having issues with it.

Anybody else having problems with the shared stash? My entire inventory just disappeared from there. And yes, the SHARED stash, not the regular one.

I'm pretty sure it occurred when I made a new character, cause I remember the items still being there when I was playing with just one. Tried to switch items without leaving the game and it worked fine, haven't tried exiting to dashboard with the new tactic yet (that's what I did originally, so I'm assuming leaving to menu, then to dashboard causes the erasure).

Anyone else not able to do a few of the beginning quests, specifically, killing someone on the third level of the mines. I went through the entire third floor of the mines and there was no one to kill by the name asked. Then I was asked to find an ember on the fiften floor that does not exist either, I have been through several times.

[quote name='Crazyglitcher']Anybody else having problems with the shared stash? My entire inventory just disappeared from there. And yes, the SHARED stash, not the regular one.

I'm pretty sure it occurred when I made a new character, cause I remember the items still being there when I was playing with just one. Tried to switch items without leaving the game and it worked fine, haven't tried exiting to dashboard with the new tactic yet (that's what I did originally, so I'm assuming leaving to menu, then to dashboard causes the erasure).[/QUOTE]

According to their support forums, it is a known issue to be fixed.

"
Shared Stash items missing - This issue will be resolved in the next title update.

Cause: Stash file gets overwritten when creating a new character. Workaround: Load an existing character before making a new one.
"
http://forums.runicgames.com/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=16770

[quote name='Jabrim']According to their support forums, it is a known issue to be fixed.

"
Shared Stash items missing - This issue will be resolved in the next title update.

Cause: Stash file gets overwritten when creating a new character. Workaround: Load an existing character before making a new one.
"
http://forums.runicgames.com/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=16770[/QUOTE]

Ah ok thanks ^_^. But that workaround seems weird. You're still making a new character, which would wipe the stash. Frisky's idea seems to work though, so coolio ^_^

Good hopefully the frame rate issue is fixed. I didn't even notice the missing voice over from chapter interludes lol... looking forward to that patch/update, but seeing as how TDU2 just got the patch today from MS I know It's going to be awhile before we see it.

I'm getting this issue from the list of known issues:

Recovering a gem causes crash - This issue will be resolved in the next title update.

Cause: Item was in pet inventory when trying to recover. Workaround: Move item to character inventory before attempting to recover.

I'm glad that it'll be fixed.

I'm still pissed that several of the quests I try to do seem impossible. I go through whatever area I am told but cannot find any item or person to kill, whichever it is. Irritating as hell

I've been going on the endless dungeon now. I heard level 33 fame is needed for the fame achievement... gonna be awhile.

Edit: Yeap It's fame level 33. Took me about 18 hours playtime to get all the achievements.

If I abandon a quest that seems to be impossible or the item/enemy is missing and restart the quest, it seems to work. Not sure if anyone else is having this issue?:applause:

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/03/15/torchlight-xbla-launch-provided-runic-its-best-sales-day-ever/

Torchlight seems to have done well on XBLA:
Runic Games announced today that last week's launch day of Torchlight's solid, gamepad-friendly Xbox Live Arcade port, was the company's "best sale day in its history."

"We're very excited to bring Torchlight to the 360, and have been really gratified by the positive reaction," said President Travis Baldree. "It's affirming to know that console players love this genre as much as we do. We think the experience translates pretty well to the couch."

yeah i've noticed that quests have dissappeared and also i'd get the "cracked cole thing" and go on to the next level down the stairs... finish that floor, decide to go back to town... and my quest was not completed. annoying.

I know if you sell the quest item you have to re-do the level and get the item again. Was a bit annoying that u could even sell quest items.

Anyways awesome game. I'd imagine they are working on TL2 for consoles now after those sales.

think they did achievements perfect for this, by the 10-12 hour mark it took to get 200 I was about ready to be done with the game

that being said, it was fun.

I love the video, and the PC game. However, I see the 1200 point amount and then I am instantly down trodden. I know this is about 15 dollars but 1,200 points registers as a lot in my mind. I see 800 or 400 and I am okay. I am downloading it right now though. :D

Grabbed it when it was on sale a while ago on Steam. It's a great little dungeon crawler so yeah I picked it up again on the 360 mainly to support the devs and to have it on my 360 lol. Last time I played I was a warrior so on the 360 I tried out a trap/hunter character. Flame trap and ricochet kick ass! I would have liked to be able to get two more four button slots since you already get one by hitting down on the d-pad-- why not add two more with the left and right direction on the d-pad!?

[quote name='dkreegz515']anyone know what your characters max level is? and also what the last dungeons level characters are at?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I googled it.

After the main part of the campaign, the adventure continues...there is no limit to the dungeon levels unless you consider infinity a limit. The level cap is 99 (or 100), maximum fame is capped at 50 iirc. In the end you can gain about 150-155 skill points to allocate. Probably could have googled that too. :roll:

...anyone retire their character and heirloom something only to have the heirloom have what I consider a gamebreaking enchantment? My buddy heirloomed a ring and it has 3500 hps on it. It's not a hack either. My heirloom, while awesome is mainly a spread of bonuses across the board.

...but 3500 hps? zomgwtfbbqsauce. his ring has more hps than my 50th lvl alchemist.

Had to download an update today, though I don't know if it's the big patch that fixes most of the issues or not.

Edit: Doesn't appear that it does since I just got the recover gems from the pet bag freeze.

Watching my 4 year old do a speed run through Torchlight is torture. No OCD picking up every piece of loot. I can hardly watch. He is liking it though.

I've played for a couple hours so far and I'm enjoying it, but one thing's bugging me. I'm picking up every piece of loot, constantly maxing out my and my pet's inventory, and I feel like I'm spending more time sorting through all the crap just to find the decent stuff than I'm spending actually playing the game. I'm new the genre so this might just come with the territory, but am I doing it wrong?

[quote name='Blank Earth']I've played for a couple hours so far and I'm enjoying it, but one thing's bugging me. I'm picking up every piece of loot, constantly maxing out my and my pet's inventory, and I feel like I'm spending more time sorting through all the crap just to find the decent stuff than I'm spending actually playing the game. I'm new the genre so this might just come with the territory, but am I doing it wrong?[/QUOTE]

When you max out your pet's inventory...send it back to town to sell it and it'll bring back gold. You can easily spend a ton of gold through enchanting and gambling. You can also transmute 4 like color pieces of equipment (not white/mundane) and it'll transmute it into a gem. The higher quality of the item the greater the chance the gem will be of higher grade as well.

There will come a point when you'll just instinctively pass equipment off to your pet and send it because you won't need to sort...as whatever you're wearing will most likely be superior to what you loot. Just be on the look out of purple set items and gold uniques. (even though it's possible to find rare blues that will out perform uniques and set items easily).

Part of the draw to Torchlight is the loot, it's one of the reason why Diablo X was so addicting, Titan Quest, and even Borderlands. You're sorting through lewts hoping to find something better...and when you do you feel a small sense of accomplishment.

[quote name='Blank Earth']I've played for a couple hours so far and I'm enjoying it, but one thing's bugging me. I'm picking up every piece of loot, constantly maxing out my and my pet's inventory, and I feel like I'm spending more time sorting through all the crap just to find the decent stuff than I'm spending actually playing the game. I'm new the genre so this might just come with the territory, but am I doing it wrong?[/QUOTE]

Immediately ditch everything that isn't purple or gold. That should make it a lot easier/quicker.

Inventory management is a big key to old school RPG dungeon crawlers like Diablo. It was part of the genre while most RPGs today cut down on that tedious task. For Torchlight I kind of like looking through my gear but if it wasn't in the game I would be happy all the same.

Quick question:

I recently ran out of space on my 20GB hard drive so I moved all my arcade games over to a 4GB flash drive. However, now when I try to play Torchlight it doesn't recognize any of my previously saved games. I've gone onto my flash drive and see my previous save file so I know it's there. I even copied the folder back to the actual HD and still nothing. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

[quote name='Nealocus123']Quick question:

I recently ran out of space on my 20GB hard drive so I moved all my arcade games over to a 4GB flash drive. However, now when I try to play Torchlight it doesn't recognize any of my previously saved games. I've gone onto my flash drive and see my previous save file so I know it's there. I even copied the folder back to the actual HD and still nothing. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]

You went from a fatboy console to a slim I take it? (haha...fatboy slim)

Sometimes for saved games and local profiles you would need a transfer cable to successfully transfer all content from one HDD to another. From what I've heard the 4GB flash drive on the slims isn't actually considered a HDD so there are a few quirks when dealing with that.

Otherwise, idk why it's not recognizing your save file.

[quote name='100xp']From what I've heard the 4GB flash drive on the slims isn't actually considered a HDD so there are a few quirks when dealing with that.[/QUOTE]

No, it's not, and they don't run games that require a HDD, either. I found that out when trying to install the Shivering Isles disc. And I raged. I guess that's not as bad as all the people who couldn't play Halo.

I'm 11/12 for achievements on Torchlight which is really grinding my gears, since the last one is gaining max fame and I feel like it's going to take about as long as it did to finish the main quest. Plus I died in the freakin' Shadow Vault and have to clear about six floors just to get back where I was, which I'm not in any hurry to do.

I do think, though, that a pet you can send to sell your stuff should be mandatory from now on, or at least a carrier imp like in Sacred 2. Having to leave loot because I'm out of room is one of my biggest pet peeves ever.

[quote name='Survivalism']I do think, though, that a pet you can send to sell your stuff should be mandatory from now on, or at least a carrier imp like in Sacred 2. Having to leave loot because I'm out of room is one of my biggest pet peeves ever.[/QUOTE]
Deathspank does it better in that you have a grinder in the inventory screen that lets you turn excess items into gold right away.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Deathspank does it better in that you have a grinder in the inventory screen that lets you turn excess items into gold right away.[/QUOTE]

I forgot about that. And it doesn't let you grind quest items. Torchlight. :bomb:

But then you end up with a poop hammer in your inventory the entire time.

How is it I've played this for 28 hours on PC and have no issues playing this for many more hours on XBL? Amazing...I just wish more of the Steam achievements caried over.

bread's done
Back