XBLA - Trials HD - 1200pts

Lost_In_Shadows

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Trials HD is a full-featured, physics-based motorcycle racing game with over 50 mind-boggling tracks in two unique game modes. Race Mode emphasizes balance, skill, and control as you tackle indoor obstacle tracks. Skill Mode features extreme stunt tracks in which explosions, crashes, and injuries cannot be avoided. A level editor enables players to create, share and download an unlimited number of free tracks. The game features stunning full HD graphics, rider customization, unlockable bikes, global rankings, all new in-game friend scores, and many other fun features. Can you handle the bruises and broken bones—and take part in a truly unique racing experience?

• Tons of tracks: Over 50 versatile tracks will test your racing and stunt riding skills.
  • Level sharing: The level editor allows you to create your own levels and share them with other racers.
  • Customization: Unlock new bikes as you ride, and make your rider your own.
  • Leaderboards: Trials HD features a new type of in-game friend scores and global rankings

IGN review http://xboxlive.ign.com/articles/101/1012642p1.html
Eurogamer review http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/trials-hd-review?page=1

IGN said it was like a modern day Excitebike. After hearing that I'm even tempted to pick it up.

played this game on the computer for free. Pretty fun and challenging, but i sure as hell wouldnt pay 15 bucks for it

As frustrating as the one on the PC is, I don't know that I can justify $15 to torture myself on the 360 with this one. I bought Trials on steam for $2 the last time it was on sale and eventually got to the point where I was completely stuck on a level. I can see that happening again with the 360 version.

I'll admit I haven't played this, but looking at the trailers, I can't help but think they seem somewhat similar to those java / flash games you find on free gaming sites. Maybe that's just me though, I dunno.

[quote name='JStryke']I'll admit I haven't played this, but looking at the trailers, I can't help but think they seem somewhat similar to those java / flash games you find on free gaming sites. Maybe that's just me though, I dunno.[/QUOTE]

probably because it started off as a free java game.

I had just heard whispers about this game before, but after seeing these vids, I'm sold. I do remember my kids playing a mini-clip flash game just like this, but this looks 100 times more fun.

It's like Excitebike in HD combined with Littlebigplanet.

Remember if you're buying all the other big games (MvC2, Splosion Man, Shadow Complex, and something I don't recall), you can get 800 points in credit toward something new down the line. Just a heads up.

Edit: Bah! Monkey Island is the fourth game! I feel ashamed now. Turtles in Time is the fourth game, as shown below.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Strell']It's like Excitebike in HD combined with Littlebigplanet.

Remember if you're buying all the other big games (MvC2, Splosion Man, Shadow Complex, and something I don't recall), you can get 800 points in credit toward something new down the line. Just a heads up.

Edit: Bah! Monkey Island is the fourth game! I feel ashamed now.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure TMNT is the fourth game.

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']I'm pretty sure TMNT is the fourth game.[/QUOTE]

Blarg. I know there's a thread here, but I figured it was buried and I didn't want to look around for it. :p

I want it, but I just sent off my xbox. I love these types of games and I've heard this one is very fleshed out. I think it's at least worth a look.

wish MS would finally say to hell with it and let developers set up one giant database holding all the created levels, the whole "only trade with people in your friends list" sucks ass.

Lode Runner isn't bad but even then, you still have to have people sitting in a lobby for people to be able to leech levels.

Was surprised to see how many people were already on the leader boards in only 2 hours, it was just under 3000 people

I grabbed it. After the debacle of Turtles, I needed something like this. I also think it should've probably been 800, but I'm definitely enjoying it. I've got golds on all the beginner tracks and like 3 of the easy ones. I went and tried a couple of medium ones and they are insane, but a lot of fun. No golds on any of those or any of the challenges (which are as fun, if not more fun than the tracks!). The challenges are great!

Definitely worth a purchase, but I wouldn't blame anyone for not wanting to go 1200 on it, but I think its worth it.

I have NEVER played this game before ever. But I figured:
A. I have over 20,000 MS Points in my account
B. I have already purchased Splosion Man, MvC2, TMNT and will get Shadow Complex Next week.
So in effect this game will cost me NOTHING out of pocket! (1200 Minus 800 Points for the Summer of Arcade Rebate & Minus 400 for my 1 vs 100 Mob Win = 0 Points Spent)

Looking forward to trying this out after work.

There really isn't much awareness out there for this game. Might have something to do with the extremely generic title. I guess I'll check out the trial for Trials HD but I doubt I'll be getting it. Saving my money for Shadow Complex.

[quote name='LeRoy']There really isn't much awareness out there for this game. Might have something to do with the extremely generic title. I guess I'll check out the trial for Trials HD but I doubt I'll be getting it. Saving my money for Shadow Complex.[/QUOTE]

Could also be the high price of admission. I can play the flash game for free on miniclip (I think)...$15 is too much.

Yeha, the trial is awesome but 1200 MSP is too much. I can't help but compare it with Battlefield 1943 which offers so much more "playability" for exactly the same price.

99% sure I am getting this game. Might go trade in some random games I don't play so I can get a 1600 point card and use the extra 400 and my 400left over from mvc2 to get spolsion man.

The replay is amazing and when I played the second time two of my friends had played and the real time leaderboards are amazing. I love these type of games. I can't even stop playing the demo and that the reason for my 1% of doubt I am scared I will never stop playing.

jeez, no trading levels except with friends? I _might_ have bit at 1200 failpoints had that not been cock locked, but no way - I'm not about supporting more barriers to community. MS, WAKE UP, time to join the 21st century!

[quote name='guyjr']jeez, no trading levels except with friends? I _might_ have bit at 1200 failpoints had that not been cock locked, but no way - I'm not about supporting more barriers to community. MS, WAKE UP, time to join the 21st century![/QUOTE]
:roll:

Loving the game. Bought it once I tried the demo. While it is expensive at 1200 i'm sitting on a bunch of points so the price isn't that big of a deal.

I can't wait to buy this game as soon as my 360 gets back from repair. Add me if you are going to make custom levels and wanna share.

Hmm I used to play something similar to this on my PC, you could use the back wheel to get "stuck" on the 2D level, your wheel would drive up or down painted pixels. You collected apples I believe, the dirt bike had a really flexible suspension and that was part of the fun. You could create your own levels and it was fun to see what everyone else could come up with, which was half of the point of owning the game.

Edit: Ah I found the game I used to play, called Elasto Mania, played this for hours upon hours. Free demo http://download.cnet.com/Elasto-Mania/3000-7551_4-10042849.html
1814_small.jpeg

Because the back wheel is attached by an elastic band, the physical effects on the motorcycle are dramatic.

That made for some interesting gameplay. Sorry for being off topic lol.:whistle2:#

Last edited by a moderator:
This game is awesome. It's both annoying and rewarding. Fun and frustrating. It also doesn't really play like any other game on xbla (it reminds me a tiny bit of the harder levels in gripshft). The leaderboard competition seems like a huge bonus too. Just like geowars 2 you become motivated to beat your friends.

Send me a FR for some leaderboard comp, I'm ok at the game. I assume I will get better.

I had trouble putting this game down last night! It is a lot of fun! It does remind me a little bit of excitebike even though it isn't really like it gameplay wise. When you get moving and successfully pull off a few jumps this game takes off! I also love how there is no loading when you have to start from a checkpoint. It can be a bit frustrating but even after I had to do some parts over a few times it was still fun. I think the psychics really make it interesting as you crash differently almost every time. I think it was worth the $15 because I'll probably be playing this for awhile.

One of the best features is seeing how your doing compared to people on your friends list as you go through the course. Most of the time that I restarted was solely to get a descent time compared to those on my friends list.

had a lot of fun on Trials last night, couldn't put it down and play til about 3 am. The only other thing i'd want is to actually race against ghosts. Although the meter on top and being able to watch replays basically makes up for it.

Also, game gets hard faaaaaaast. Looking forward to playing more tonight.

I love the leaderboard stuff. I never thought of Trials 2 as a pretty competitive game (had enough trouble simply completing the harder levels), but the leaderboard/replay options open up the game so much.

Feel free to add me on XBL if you want another score to beat.[quote name='Spybreak8']Sorry for being off topic lol.:whistle2:#[/QUOTE]No worries, pretty interesting to see. Are you considering Trials HD?

[quote name='mang9432']Also, game gets hard faaaaaaast. Looking forward to playing more tonight.[/QUOTE]

The first two sets of levels were a breeze. I figured I would blow through the rest with most gold medals by the weekend. Been mostly getting bronze with a couple of silver medals here and there. So far only one other person on my friends list has this so feel free to add me.

Just finished the expert levels...that was hard. It said I unlocked a gamerpic though.

As of right now it says only 161 people have beaten the last level.

bread's done
Back