XBLA - Trials HD - 1200pts

[quote name='mang9432']
Also, game gets hard faaaaaaast. Looking forward to playing more tonight.[/QUOTE]

So is it sort of like what Sonic the Hedgehog is supposed to be as far as side scrolling speed, but on a motorcycle?

Everyone who is holding out due to the price....don't. This game is well worth 15 dollars and dare I even say, quiet the deal at 15. There is so much to do. I spent an hour just on the tutorial levels trying to beat my friends scores. Its insane. And all the extra challenge games seem stupid at first and kind of lame then you find yourself playing them for like 25 minutes each trying to beat your friend's score. Everyone needs to get this...Its my favorite of the summer of Arcade titles and I love MvC2 and 'Spolsion Man.

[quote name='Spybreak8']Hmm I used to play something similar to this on my PC, you could use the back wheel to get "stuck" on the 2D level, your wheel would drive up or down painted pixels. You collected apples I believe, the dirt bike had a really flexible suspension and that was part of the fun. You could create your own levels and it was fun to see what everyone else could come up with, which was half of the point of owning the game.

Edit: Ah I found the game I used to play, called Elasto Mania, played this for hours upon hours. Free demo http://download.cnet.com/Elasto-Mania/3000-7551_4-10042849.html
1814_small.jpeg

That made for some interesting gameplay. Sorry for being off topic lol.:whistle2:#[/QUOTE]

Oh mannnnn, I used to play that all day during my high school IT class. We'd all sit there and try and race through them as fast as we could. It was really more of a play ground than anything.

[quote name='giantjerk']So is it sort of like what Sonic the Hedgehog is supposed to be as far as side scrolling speed, but on a motorcycle?[/QUOTE]There are sections where you go from ramp to ramp in pretty fast succession, but nothing quite like Sonic speed. The later levels actually get a little challenging in that you have to learn to use your brakes effectively as well how to apply the throttle judiciously.

Game's great...hope lots of people pick it up.

Pretty excited about this game. I seem to remember playing something similar on the PC in my youth, but I can't even begin to remember what it was called. Hopefully that amazon.com code for $10 comes through.

It's a good game (bought it yesterday). So far, I breezed though easy and medium with golds. Hard mode flipped the difficultly into frustration mode. And don't get me started on Extreme! The lack of a local multiplayer as well as online play is a negative. All in all, I would have rather paid $10 for it, but the demo was addictive!

None of my friends have this game yet, PM me to share levels and leaderboard rankings!

I just attempted to beat the final level and ran out of time...I don't know how far I made it but my hands are hurting. Needless to say, it was the most frustrating videogame moment in my life to get so far and run out of time. I was at like 460 attempts and then BAM, "you're out of time."

I really don't like the time limit thing...I'd like to just have the accomplishment of finishing it. Also, after looking at the leaderboards...Someone has finished the last level with only 4 faults. Rediculousssss

This game is pretty awesome. The leaderboards add a ton of replay to it for me. Feel free to add me on XBL for leaderboards and I'll be adding some of you tonight.

I was hesitant to buy this at $15, but I got in on the $10 Amazon deal and maaaaaaaan, I'm glad I did. Messed around with it for a little while tonight, and had an absolute blast.

The only bummer is that we can only play Custom tracks made by people in our friends list.
People should start posting here if they make any great tracks.
If of course, they are willing to accept a bunch of friends requests.

This game is crack. Just wasted an hour trying to better my placement in the Challenges. Got 97 broken bones! 3 short of a gold. WTF!

[quote name='sunnysky']The only bummer is that we can only play Custom tracks made by people in our friends list.
People should start posting here if they make any great tracks.
If of course, they are willing to accept a bunch of friends requests.[/QUOTE]

I've got a short & easy one (its pretty much a test track to figure out the editor) almost finished

I'm playing this game by beating each level without faults before moving on...that being said, "Technique" is kicking my ass hard right now. Can't get through the high tire tower-lower tire tower-concrete pipe ramp-two tire-concrete pipe-more tire jump consistently.

[quote name='PenguinoMF']Any one have some tips for the Ski Jump mini game?[/QUOTE]

1. don't hit it straight on, make sure your front wheel is slightly off the ground so you have some arc but not too much.
2. Timing is key, you've got to bail a frame or two right before you hit the wall
3a. Don't go crazy with flailing around on the stick. Up-Right is the direction you want to hold for the whole flight.
3b. Keep in mind that the flight controls are touchy so its pretty hard to hit the sweet spot on any sort of consistent basis.

Try try again

SO I bought this game today, played it probably for an hour straight, maybe more.

Getting gold once I hit medium was becoming a damn hassle. I got 2 gold medals but need one more for the last mini game. Pretty good game. 1200 points well spent. Now a couple more days for shadow complex and then my 800 points rebate.

I would have loved it if they had some Track & Field style multiplayer. That would have been a huge blast. Imagine 4 players all racing together at the same time and they could ad a time increase to the # of faults you have.

I'm only at medium...or hard, can't remember but I do like that there are a lot of restart markers in each level. So at least you can inch along on the harder levels.

man inferno II was really hard, definitely felt great after beating it (along with the other extreme levels)

also the last achievement is ridiculous, the #1 score in the world had like 17 faults last time i checked.

[quote name='kennistond']This game made me buy it after the demo. I was hooked. I love this game.[/QUOTE]

Same here man, demo had me hooked.

[quote name='PenguinoMF']Any one have some tips for the Ski Jump mini game?[/QUOTE]
this wasn't obvious to me at first: bailout during jump.

I've hit a wall in King of the Hill. I'm using the 250cc. Is there a better bike to be using for this?

[quote name='dubbfoolio']this wasn't obvious to me at first: bailout during jump.
[/QUOTE]

I can never get the same distance when I bail during the jump than when I bail right before the jump, I get too much height in my jump no matter how I position my rider

[quote name='homeland']This game is crack. Just wasted an hour trying to better my placement in the Challenges. Got 97 broken bones! 3 short of a gold. WTF![/QUOTE]

I have you on my friends list from CAGFC, and I swear I spent forever just trying to beat that 97 bones score. I got up to 96 :(

You also beat my ski jump score. I wish more people I knew had this game, trying to beat the scores is addictive. I've beaten a few of your times, but some of those harder levels are insane.

[quote name='kennistond']This game made me buy it after the demo. I was hooked. I love this game.[/QUOTE]

+1
Then the hour or so window from Amazon to get it for $10. No brainer. Ever for $15.

[quote name='doctorfaustus']I've added some of you. So far, Deadite and Dubbfoolio are giving me a run for my money; whoever they are.[/QUOTE]
You've got some high scores yourself :bomb:

No one on my friend's list has gotten past the level I'm stuck on, but I get a little further each time (Shipwreck appears to be stuck on the same level). In fact only 5000 people in the world have.

[quote name='whiptcracker']I have you on my friends list from CAGFC, and I swear I spent forever just trying to beat that 97 bones score. I got up to 96 :(

You also beat my ski jump score. I wish more people I knew had this game, trying to beat the scores is addictive. I've beaten a few of your times, but some of those harder levels are insane.[/QUOTE]

ya its addictive. not sure how i got 97 bones, i havent been able to reproduce it. l.uckily theres people on my friends list that have this...even though i dont know them. anyone else feel free to add me as id love more challenges.

I somehow got 107 bones broke...Can't replicate it for the life of me, but I have no one on my friends list playing this....feel free to add me....sisobe

I suck using the editor. After making my quick and easy test stage, I started making stages that go past the point of controller throwing hard.

The one I'm working on now is almost impossible. If you don't have the most precise run, you hit TNT boxes.

[quote name='whiptcracker']I have you on my friends list from CAGFC, and I swear I spent forever just trying to beat that 97 bones score. I got up to 96 :(

You also beat my ski jump score. I wish more people I knew had this game, trying to beat the scores is addictive. I've beaten a few of your times, but some of those harder levels are insane.[/QUOTE]

Finally unlocked King of the hill and beat your score !:D

I had no intention of buying this game, but my 18 month old son was playing with my controller and downloaded the full game by accident. Can't say I'm ticked....it's a fun game! Lil' Man knows what he's doing after all!!!

[quote name='chubbyninja1319']I had no intention of buying this game, but my 18 month old son was playing with my controller and downloaded the full game by accident. Can't say I'm ticked....it's a fun game! Lil' Man knows what he's doing after all!!![/QUOTE]

If my kid ever does this at 18 months, I will do around 15 backflips in a row and do the cabbage patch! :applause::lol::applause: Thats freakin awesome dude!

[quote name='whiptcracker']I was up by .5![/QUOTE]

Corrected.

Bastard ruined my evening. Went to play Trials just until Shadow complex was done d/ling but couldn't stop playing Trials until I beat your score.

[quote name='homeland']Corrected.

Bastard ruined my evening. Went to play Trials just until Shadow complex was done d/ling but couldn't stop playing Trials until I beat your score.[/QUOTE]

Crap. Well you'll never have to worry about me beating your Delivery score, I have no clue how on earth you pulled that one off.

bread's done
Back