XBLA - Trials HD - 1200pts

[quote name='ZForce915']I got the acheivement for Full Throttle but am having a little trouble with the not moving your rider. I'm really close...[/QUOTE]

that one is tough. the hardest part is definitely when you have to jump to that little platform and then jump from there to another higher platform. took me about 2 hours to beat. i've gotta add some of you guys to my friends lists for scores.

[quote name='ZForce915']I got the acheivement for Full Throttle but am having a little trouble with the not moving your rider. I'm really close...[/QUOTE]

It's really not all that hard if you just take your time and be mindful of your speed and how it affects your balance on each jump. I'm personally having trouble on the 2nd and 4th Extreme tracks for the "Demon on Wheels" achievement and I haven't even tried the "Marathon" achievement but given that every one of the top 3 on the Extreme track Leaderboards (with 0 faults) last time I checked don't even have that one achievement, I have low hopes.

This game gets ridiculously hard in the Extreme mode. It's like they are just throwing vertical ramps up in order to frustrate me. Argh! Any tips for the Extreme levels?

[quote name='doctorfaustus']This game gets ridiculously hard in the Extreme mode. It's like they are just throwing vertical ramps up in order to frustrate me. Argh! Any tips for the Extreme levels?[/QUOTE]

The only time brute force stopped working for me was on Inferno II. So, in order to figure out how to beat the level I went to the leaderboards and watched the replay for the guy with the best fault count/time. The replays on the leaderboard really help you understand how the bike should be manipulated—it even shows you the player's controller input.

Other than that I would say just keep trying. If you are having trouble with the near vertical ramps, then you should slowly accelerate, which will greatly reduce the chances of you falling over. Also, if you are having trouble with getting higher on the vertical ramps, then you should be mindful of how you land on a higher portion; when you land make sure the bike is parallel, don't floor it (make sure you gradually accelerate the bike to top speed), and hold forward on the left stick once you get your traction and your speed going.

Who ever came up with the Unyielding achievement should die a slow and painfull death!:bomb: ;)

I have spent so many hours the last few days trying to get it. I was finally able to get it at 1:30 in the morning.

Feel free to add me.

Just won this game from TGR and love what I've played of it so far...feel free to add me, I have a feeling I'm going to be playing this for awhile!

[quote name='Razzuel']The only time brute force stopped working for me was on Inferno II. So, in order to figure out how to beat the level I went to the leaderboards and watched the replay for the guy with the best fault count/time. The replays on the leaderboard really help you understand how the bike should be manipulated—it even shows you the player's controller input.

Other than that I would say just keep trying. If you are having trouble with the near vertical ramps, then you should slowly accelerate, which will greatly reduce the chances of you falling over. Also, if you are having trouble with getting higher on the vertical ramps, then you should be mindful of how you land on a higher portion; when you land make sure the bike is parallel, don't floor it (make sure you gradually accelerate the bike to top speed), and hold forward on the left stick once you get your traction and your speed going.[/QUOTE]

Wait, you can view other people's playthroughs? Argh! I've been doing it wrong!

Do you guys always go with the default bike (the lowest bike on the list you've unlocked) to do the later challenges? It's so tricky when you have to feather the throttle. Makes it even tougher since I listen to podcasts when I play this so I can't hear the engine.

Yup, I use the one lowest on the list, or the "best" bike at the moment. The sound of the throttle definitely helps. Maybe raise the sound a bit from the menu?

I don't use the "lowest" bike. I usually use the one with lower acceleration and a higher top speed. It makes it easier to feather the throttle in my opinion plus you can get faster times.

Still can't put this game down. Especially when I see someone (whipt1) beat my scores! This game is true gem. One thing that I would have liked to have seen is adding a ghost, I think it would be pretty damn helpful.

Sorry for the double post, but I feel like I'm taking crazy pills. Is the playback mode on the game itself or do I have to go to a website? Help me. Please.

[quote name='doctorfaustus']Sorry for the double post, but I feel like I'm taking crazy pills. Is the playback mode on the game itself or do I have to go to a website? Help me. Please.[/QUOTE]

Highlight the level that you wish to view the replays for. Go to the leaderboards by pressing Y. Then press the right bumper twice to change the leaderboard filter to overall. Highlight the player that you want to view the replay for, then press Y to view his replay.

[quote name='Razzuel']Highlight the level that you wish to view the replays for. Go to the leaderboards by pressing Y. Then press the right bumper twice to change the leaderboard filter to overall. Highlight the player that you want to view the replay for, then press Y to view his replay.[/QUOTE]

Thank you!

Love this game. Expect some friend requests for high score challanges, or lack of from me. If anyone on here isn't that great add me so you have some fellow not so great scores that are beatable.

[quote name='Razzuel']The only time brute force stopped working for me was on Inferno II. So, in order to figure out how to beat the level I went to the leaderboards and watched the replay for the guy with the best fault count/time. The replays on the leaderboard really help you understand how the bike should be manipulated—it even shows you the player's controller input.[/QUOTE]
Whoa, i had no idea you could do that! Ive been having trouble with all of the extreme tracks so this will definitely come in handy.

[quote name='Viva Las Vegas']Love this game. Expect some friend requests for high score challanges, or lack of from me. If anyone on here isn't that great add me so you have some fellow not so great scores that are beatable.[/QUOTE]

well i added you viva, not sure how much a challenge in scores I present but having fun with the game

I added a few people. I've got 2 tracks that I spent 6-8 hours making, both of them are hard difficulty but very much possible(unlike some of the pray for luck ones a lot of people make >.

[quote name='Pecan']I added a few people. I've got 2 tracks that I spent 6-8 hours making, both of them are hard difficulty but very much possible(unlike some of the pray for luck ones a lot of people make >.

great game, and i have a love hate with games with leaderboards. i added a few of you, feel free to add me

fart_bubble, that was a pretty awesome Indian Jones level.

[quote name='EnderA6']great game, and i have a love hate with games with leaderboards. i added a few of you, feel free to add me[/QUOTE]
You sound familiar....I look forward to the leaderboard competition ;)

So, anybody know anything about the 3 (?) bikes that show up at the bottom of the bike selection list that are always identified as "Not Allowed" I think? I mean one of them is just the Ski Jump bike but I wonder why they are there. Do you have to get a bunch of Platinum medals to unlock them? Where do you use them if it looks like every track it looked like they were not allowed? Maybe they are something that will apply to the DLC they are working on...

flesh, one is the ski jump one, the other is the hauler from the bomb one and im not sure about the last one. i want to ge that indiana jones level

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm convinced that this game is pure evil.. I haven't twisted my arms and contorted myself so much in the middle of play since the last time I played my Wii (10 months ago)

Wow do I suck at the collecting targets and ski jump skill games. Some of those extremes are crazy, stuck in the level where you have a 2 by 4 piece of wood thats connected to two boxes that you can't get over at all.

I'm watching the playback for the top time in the second track *Xtreme.* and the guy is just lying there after a crash. It's been 8 minutes and he has not moved. Anyone know what's going on?

Are the controls still being manipulated? I notice that with some, a person will crash, but their controls indicate that they are still playing.

[quote name='Anth0ny07']Whoa, i had no idea you could do that! Ive been having trouble with all of the extreme tracks so this will definitely come in handy.[/QUOTE]

If you want to see something odd, check out the replays of anyone in the top ten for the broken bones mini-game. There's some exploit that plays havok with the physics.

bread's done
Back