XBLA - Trials HD - 1200pts

[quote name='willc23']Looks like there is a freezing glitch on the new bone breaking skill game (forgot the actual title). I have had it freeze the system, requiring a restart, several times. Anyone else having this problem? According to Redlynx's forums they are aware of it, but no immediate fix as they are out for the holidays. Only semi-successful workaround is to spam the A button when you start the game.

A little disappointed because that is one of my most played skill games. Good news is that there is so much new stuff to keep me occupied. Hopefully a fix is imminent.[/QUOTE]

haven't had that problem but the leaderboards of the new skill games is really glitchy. Scores tend to not show up and I've beaten a few of my high scores only for it to not save them

[quote name='willc23']Looks like there is a freezing glitch on the new bone breaking skill game (forgot the actual title). I have had it freeze the system, requiring a restart, several times. Anyone else having this problem? According to Redlynx's forums they are aware of it, but no immediate fix as they are out for the holidays. Only semi-successful workaround is to spam the A button when you start the game.

A little disappointed because that is one of my most played skill games. Good news is that there is so much new stuff to keep me occupied. Hopefully a fix is imminent.[/QUOTE]

Hmm that's interesting since I haven't had a problem with that skill game (although I mainly play the levels more than the skill games but I do play the skill games non the less).

DLC is definitely worth it if you like this game. There's a healthy amount of tracks on the medium, hard, and extreme levels.

Pecan - My friend and I fired up your newest level last night (well, this morning technically) and he cursed his way through it in about 20 minutes (I was too tired to try). That series of platforms balanced on pillars is absolutely brutal and gave him the most trouble, but damn fine work.. most experts would definitely be challenged by your course.

I just purchased this game over Christmas and all I can say is WOW. This game is totally addicting, even though I am not that good at it.

XBL: sharpeone

[quote name='QiG']DLC is definitely worth it if you like this game. There's a healthy amount of tracks on the medium, hard, and extreme levels.

Pecan - My friend and I fired up your newest level last night (well, this morning technically) and he cursed his way through it in about 20 minutes (I was too tired to try). That series of platforms balanced on pillars is absolutely brutal and gave him the most trouble, but damn fine work.. most experts would definitely be challenged by your course.[/QUOTE]

I'm making a harder one.... :D

I believe we ran into that too. I'm glad to hear there are going to work on a fix!

Last night around 2:30 AM I finally passed Inferno II! Man was that satisfying. The hardest part for me is that bit where you have to jump over to a box, then onto a small slanted plate, then a larger and steeper plate, then up and over to the barrel on a pole. That's where I'd been stuck for a long time. There's hard stuff after that, but I was able to get by all of it on the first try (I don't mean no faults, I mean I got through it, with multiple faults, the first (only) time I got by the previous mentioned part). I've still got to get through the last of the new Extreme tracks. It's funny how easier tracks now seem quite a bit easier then before. I can now get past the first hill of King of the Hill fairly easily.

I just sent out friend requests to everybody who posted here saying to add them. So if you get a friend request from "crunc is", that's me. I have two tracks shared, though the one that has the default name is just garbage. The one named "funny" is something my 7 year old made, but it is a little funny. :) I plan on delving into the editor myself before too long. Still having too much fun on the tracks, though.

[quote name='fart_bubble']anyone know what the Dangerous Ride achievement is? I've got the other two but no idea on this one[/QUOTE]

I now have every achievement except for the ultimate endurance 0 restarts one for 40points. I can do every level there faultlessly, but 20 in a row is another story, lol.

Anyway, I believe for the Dangerous Ride one...
The new level under medium that has the monster truck (car) that you have to ride down the hill, you have to start there. Once you get on the car and begin to go down the hill, you will see two glass panes hanging from the ceiling. Do a wheelie and break the first pane. Once you do that, keep moving and drop down to the bottom of the map in FRONT of the monster car. You will notice the floor will be missing and you can go down to a bottom section of the track. Once there, there will be another car you have to ride on. This is kind of a pain, though it took me 2 tries. My friend needed 15 minutes. I believe that's the right one!

This game is highly addictive and well worth the 1200 points I paid for it. I know $ is an issue to some people, especially on CAG, but I feel 1200 justifies the amount of work that went into this game. The textures and physics are amazing.

I would love to try some of your custom levels. I love the competition aspect of these levels, so count me in. I havn't been able to make a customer level that's been worth saving. I don't think I have a knack for it. Expect some friend's invites from Retom7 coming your way, I just have to sort through this to see who's who.

PS - the extreme tracks are great once you learn the tricks. It's a game you have to give 15 hours or so to before you get the controls down. I'm sure I'm WELL over that 15, but it took about that long to figure out feathering the throttle, landing on angles, bunny hopping, and doing endos (stoppies to others). Love it. The DLC was amazing too.

[quote name='Retom7']
Anyway, I believe for the Dangerous Ride one...
The new level under medium that has the monster truck (car) that you have to ride down the hill, you have to start there. Once you get on the car and begin to go down the hill, you will see two glass panes hanging from the ceiling. Do a wheelie and break the first pane. Once you do that, keep moving and drop down to the bottom of the map in FRONT of the monster car. You will notice the floor will be missing and you can go down to a bottom section of the track. Once there, there will be another car you have to ride on. This is kind of a pain, though it took me 2 tries. My friend needed 15 minutes. I believe that's the right one!
[/QUOTE]

okay, I had the wrong idea then. I was thinking you had to car surf that section

I just made my 2nd extreme level :D if anyone cares to give it a try.

And as always, if anyone wants some competitive times or to try a few custom tracks feel free to add me GT- Enragedpecan1

I am really loving this game. When it first came out, I decided not to get it based upon Shipwrecks comments (it is a difficult game) on one of the podcasts. I don't really have a lot of time to put into tough games and tend to prefer a moderate difficulty. This game lends itself to playing for short periods of time. It reminds me alot of Geometry Wars in that kind of way.

I think this game would do great on the NDS too.

I can play this game for a little short while, skill games are perfect for that, or just get sucked in trying to best my friends or get gold medals on all the levels. I don't enjoy the extreme levels and don't play them because they just frustrate me. That's only 25% of the game imo, no reason not to pick it up.

[quote name='macontosh2000']I made a new level, if anyone would like to try it send me a friend request.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure your still on my FL, I'll try out your level one of these days that I'm not busy :D

I've got another one to upload just haven't got around to setting medal times =/. It's medium.

Good tracks, Pecan. My only suggestion would be to add some extra check points. I'm a tad expert-challenged so many times I'd pass one difficult section only to fail shortly after, however, they were all a blast. Looking forward to your next one.

I've now got all the achievements except for the Ultimate Endurance one. I'm not sure if I'll ever get that even though it is easier now. It's just too frustrating to play a bunch of tracks and then screw up once and have to start over. Then again... it is calling to me. :)

Not sure if you are doing this Pecan - I can't remember, but a note to all (including myself) that when naming tracks, put your username at the front of the name so we know where the track came from, and also so that they are all grouped together in the list. Meaning, for example, "crunc is - Funny". I need to do this myself. I was going to last night, but kept getting disconnected from Xbox Live.

[quote name='crunchewy']I've now got all the achievements except for the Ultimate Endurance one. I'm not sure if I'll ever get that even though it is easier now. It's just too frustrating to play a bunch of tracks and then screw up once and have to start over. Then again... it is calling to me. :)

Not sure if you are doing this Pecan - I can't remember, but a note to all (including myself) that when naming tracks, put your username at the front of the name so we know where the track came from, and also so that they are all grouped together in the list. Meaning, for example, "crunc is - Funny". I need to do this myself. I was going to last night, but kept getting disconnected from Xbox Live.[/QUOTE]

I've been meaning to do it as well, just haven't yet. I probably will next time I get on live.
Dunno when that's gonna be though, starting a new job this week and I've gotta learn to drive a stick for it =/

[quote name='ufskenney']

I think this game would do great on the NDS too.[/QUOTE]
Oh man! if this was on the DS I would definitely get nothing done at work! :lol:

I don't have much in the way of levels to share yet, though I do have a 'freeze fix" level you can download - see the official RedLynx Trials HD forums for details on what that's about, but basically if you load that level and play it for a few seconds it will prevent the game from crashing on certain tracks/tournaments, the crash most commonly occurring with "Pain Again". That should do the trick until they get a patch out (a patch for the patch/DLC). I'm not a quack - I built the level based on the instructions given by the developers on those forums. Mind you, I'm not 100% sure I've done it right, so I make no guarantees. :) Anyway, just add me so we can compare scores/times. Mr. Anderson - I sent you a friend request.

Does this game ever go on sale? I downloaded the demo and it was fun, however I dont think there is enough depth to justify a purchase at 1200 points

[quote name='twa318']Does this game ever go on sale? I downloaded the demo and it was fun, however I dont think there is enough depth to justify a purchase at 1200 points[/QUOTE]

Don't think it has ever been on sale. Last time I checked it was one of the top XBLA games. IMHO this game is well worth the 1200 points and there is a ton of depth here.

I think we're much more likely to see better level sharing in a sequel, as opposed to an update to this one. That's fine by me. I'd love to see a sequel with open sharing of levels (optionally restricted to just friends, for my kids), the ability to race ghosts, send challenges, etc, maybe even some form of online multiplayer - why not be able to have a group of people all trying to tackle a level at the same time? That would be awesome. Not to mention new physics objects and such.

In any case, anyone on on the fence on Trials HD, just get it. It's easily worth the asking price. A huge amount of gameplay is in this game and the DLC is a bargain too.

The only downside to the game is that it is like Counterstrike, if you stop playing it for a while you're going to be an ass when you start it again. I experienced that last night lol but the upside is the main formula of the game, always trying to do better and improve yourself. So they balance themselves out.^^

I FINALLY beat all the original extreme levels the other night. Goin' Up definitely gave me the most trouble out of the four, that big angled box was fuckin' BRUTAL. It was the first time in a while that I got a strong sense of accomplishment from beating a game.

I promptly bought the Big Pack right afterward as well. :D I love this game!

400 msp is such an awesome deal for this game. Very fun!

If anyone has custom levels they want to share feel free to add me.

played the game at a mall when Xbox was setting up booths, cute asian girl convinced me try it out...totally bought it for 400 ms points and the DLC pack. Great game for just playing and handing off the controller to your buddies.

[quote name='crunchewy']I can't wait for Big Thrills DLC on Dec 1st! Such a great game.[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah me too, really looking forward to that.

Big Thrills DLC is out! 400 points. I've purchased it and added it to my queue. Can't wait to test it out, though perhaps not until tomorrow night.

I got the Big Thrills pack, I believe I have completed all the levels except the last 2 extremes. Pilgrimage is a bitch, and it looks like getting the Donkey Challenge achievement is going to be a pain in the ass!

If you have the Big Thrills pack (or even if you dont) send me a Friend Request so we can compare scores.

I picked it up. I'm bummed by the achievements. I'll probably only be able to get one of the three achievements. I've never beat an extreme track and you have to beat two to get the one achievement. I also don't think I'll be able to unlock the micro donkey to attempt the one achievement.

I'm just bummed as I'm an achievement ho. :) I played through the easy and a couple medium tracks. I'm not great at the game and I find myself not enjoying myself when playing. I think there has been too long a time since I last played the game.

I played some tonight and I love it. The Detour achievement is awesome! And pretty tough to accomplish. I'm proud to say that I figured out how to do it without looking it up. It took me 141 faults to do it, though. :) Haven't tackled the harder tracks yet, but really enjoyed the time I put into the less difficult ones.

Hoffer - one suggestion is to just work on improving your times on the easier to medium tracks. Compete with us (and yourself) on those. Once you've gotten better at those you may find that you can go back to the harder ones and they won't be quite as hard. Most important, don't let it get to be no fun. If it's no fun then you aren't ready for those tracks. Go back a few steps, or even a lot of steps, in difficulty. To make it through the extreme tracks you've got to look up techniques on youtube or wherever and learn how to do them. I thought I'd never complete any extreme tracks, but eventually I did all of the originals and the ones in Big Pack.

EDIT: couldn't stay away. Just did the Medium track Spiderweb, and that one is pretty cool. A bit of puzzle to it even. Ok, going to make myself call it a night now. Can't wait to get back to it tomorrow night.

Last edited by a moderator:
See, I was happy with the original tracks that I beat all the hard tracks. Another forum I post on, I was the top guy. A lot of people praised me that I actually beat the hard tracks. I could not do anything on the extreme tracks though.

Then I go to this forum or on xbox.com. People are saying how easy the extreme tracks are and this and that. I spent like an hour on one extreme track once and barely moved past the starting point. I just don't have the skills. :(

[quote name='Hoffer']See, I was happy with the original tracks that I beat all the hard tracks. Another forum I post on, I was the top guy. A lot of people praised me that I actually beat the hard tracks. I could not do anything on the extreme tracks though.

Then I go to this forum or on xbox.com. People are saying how easy the extreme tracks are and this and that. I spent like an hour on one extreme track once and barely moved past the starting point. I just don't have the skills. :([/QUOTE]

The extreme tracks are far from easy. Yeah, the uber players at the top can do them easy (see their replays - they are amazing), sure, but not us mortal folks. I only was able to complete them with many, many faults, and at first they seemed beyond impossible. I had to watch some tutorials on youtube and those helped.

bread's done
Back