XBLA Unplugged (5 games) & 1 Month Gold Subscription $8 Amazon

Oh wow, I've been waiting to find this for 50% off or more. Great find. Damn, this place will make me go broke. Now, to find something to couple this with.

How many games are included in that, is it six? That is the feeling I get from the back of the box but it isn't very clear if that is all of the games that are included or just the highlights.

thanks

how many points do all these games cost all together?
I'm thinking about buying 1600 points for 20 bucks or this arcade pak.
Please Help !

Full games included.

Geometry Wars
Bejeweled 2
Hardwood Backgammon
Outpost Kaloki X
Texas Hold 'Em
Wik and the Fable of Souls

Demos

Feeding Frenzy
Marble Blast Ultra
Uno

The games show up in your XBLA games list when you have the disc in the drive.

I'd recommend it, especially at this price.

Includes:

- Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved
- Wik: Fable of Souls
- Bejeweled 2
- Outpos Kaloki X
- Hardwood Backgammon
- Texas Hold 'Em

And a free 1-month gold subscription to Live (not sure if that is for new customers only or if it stacks on existing subscription).

Here's a link to MS's description of the bundle:
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/x/xblarcadeunpluggedvol1/

[quote name='Advocatus']How many games are included in that, is it six? That is the feeling I get from the back of the box but it isn't very clear if that is all of the games that are included or just the highlights.

thanks[/quote]

In for 3. Whoo hoo! I already have Outpost Kaloki and Texas Hold Em, but still a fine, fine deal. Thanks, Pimpbot.

[quote name='bmarquardt']Would have jumped on it, but I prefer to have the games on my hard drive for quick arcade fixes and not on a disc.[/QUOTE]

That's really the big downfall of this disc. While you get a permanent copy, it's not push and play like the downloaded stuff.

Would get this...isn't Geometry Wars $8 by itself on XBL? But I don't have any filler I can use. Was gonna get the Colbert book, but I came up 80 cents short of free shipping.

Naa, Geometry Wars is only $5.

Breakdown of the values:

- Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved $5
- Wik: Fable of Souls $10
- Bejeweled 2 $10
- Outpost Kaloki X $10
- Hardwood Backgammon $5
- Texas Hold 'Em $10

Yeah, it's convenient having XBLA games on your HD, but if your 360 ever breaks, then you will not be able to access your XBLA games unless connected to Xbox Live. Permanent, unfettered access to the games on this disc is sort of a plus.

Bah, I just paid $18 for this the other night but I needed it before Christmas anyway as it's present for my wife (and me too).

I'm so tempted to get this, but I've been playing the shit out of Puzzle Quest, so I think I'd get bored with Bejeweled.

The only game I really want is Geometry Wars, and possibly Outpost K-X. Not sure if it's worth it to get the disc, but then I could always trade it once I've had my fill of those 2 games.

I should point out that if you have Xbox Live Gold, Texas Hold Em is really good and supports the camera now as well.

Nice Deal. Thanks OP. Geometry Wars is Freakin Awesome. Hold Em' is alrite, it's kinda slow but it's still Hold Em'

[quote name='eastx']I should point out that if you have Xbox Live Gold, Texas Hold Em is really good and supports the camera now as well.[/quote]

Great another game where all I see is cock and brown eye. No Thanks.

[quote name='Mainiac']Bah, I just paid $18 for this the other night but I needed it before Christmas anyway as it's present for my wife (and me too).[/QUOTE]

Buy it from Amazon, return it with your old receipt to wherever you bought that one from. :)

I really wanted the games in my arcade bucket too. But either $8 and putting in a disc or at least $25 in games I wanted to download. The CAG wallet made the call.

Plus Amazon Prime rocks. ;)

i already downloaded 2 of the 6 games...
geometry wars, outpost kaloki
so even though it is a good deal, i'll have to pass...

How much is shipping for just this item? I don't want to look for anything else to make it eligible for free shipping.

If "Cloning Clyde" were one of the other games on here, I'd be on it like stink on shit.

How does this work anyhow? Can you install the games off the disc onto the hard drive? What about if you want some of the expansions for Outpost Kaloki X, can you buy those off Live Marketplace and use them with the disc version?

[quote name='jasonditz']How does this work anyhow? Can you install the games off the disc onto the hard drive? What about if you want some of the expansions for Outpost Kaloki X, can you buy those off Live Marketplace and use them with the disc version?[/QUOTE]
I've downloaded the free scenarios and they play just as if the game was on your hard drive. Your saved games, downloaded content, and title updates still get stored on your hard drive or memory card. It's just the game that plays from the disc.

Drat . . . I bought this off ebay 2 months ago (.99 with $5 shipping).

Auction was listed as "Brand New" but the description read "New and Unsealed" . . . when it arrived it was without the 1 month Live card.

I wrote the seller and he said the Live card was extra . . . what a jerk--he should've disclosed this!

Anyway, the disc is a great deal if you don't already have Geometry Wars. I like Wik . . . its a nifty 2-D game.

bread's done
Back