XBLA - Wolf Of The Battlefield: Commando 3 - 800pts

crap earlier i said POW... im looking at my NES games right now... i meant to say GUERILLA WAR... that was the game im thinking of...

also can i beat the game on EASY then open any stage on suicide?

[quote name='dkreegz515']crap earlier i said POW... im looking at my NES games right now... i meant to say GUERILLA WAR... that was the game im thinking of...

also can i beat the game on EASY then open any stage on suicide?[/QUOTE]

Ah ha. Yes, it's exactly the same kind of game as Ikari Warriors, Guerilla War, Caliber 50, and of course Commando & Mercs.

Yes, you can beat the game on easy and then select stages on any difficulty, but you can't get the Achievements for beating it on the highest 2 difficulties that way. You have to start at the beginning of the game and play all the way through to get those 2.

BTW, if someone could please test whether beating it on the highest difficulty also gets you the Achievement for beating it on the next-highest difficulty, I'd appreciate it. Gotta put that in the guide.

[quote name='fart_bubble']has anyone beat it yet? I can only get to the third stage before I run out of lives[/quote]

I got to the end of the forth stage I was wondering the same thing. Great game or at least I think so.

[quote name='jman619']I got to the end of the forth stage I was wondering the same thing. Great game or at least I think so.[/quote]

same here. got halfway through the 4th level on Routine Exercise, about a third into the 3rd level on Black Ops.

[quote name='eastx']Ah ha. Yes, it's exactly the same kind of game as Ikari Warriors, Guerilla War, Caliber 50, and of course Commando & Mercs.

Yes, you can beat the game on easy and then select stages on any difficulty, but you can't get the Achievements for beating it on the highest 2 difficulties that way. You have to start at the beginning of the game and play all the way through to get those 2.

BTW, if someone could please test whether beating it on the highest difficulty also gets you the Achievement for beating it on the next-highest difficulty, I'd appreciate it. Gotta put that in the guide.[/quote]

So when you unlock level select, can you go back and get the secret areas anytime to get the achievement or do you have to do it in one sit through?

I beat it online yesterday with 2 French-speaking guys. One of them ran out of lives JUST before the last boss, and then it was 2 of us VS that thing. The host clicked through the ending REALLY fast, so I didn't get to read the 1942 Add that popped up with it, or the actual ending much.

Definitely a satisfying romp. The swamp stage was especially freaky, with everything popping out of the water around you. The first time I got to that stage, the enemies made short work of me, after I was doing so well solo...

[quote name='LinkinPrime']So when you unlock level select, can you go back and get the secret areas anytime to get the achievement or do you have to do it in one sit through?[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, you have to get them all in one playthrough, which also applies to the prisoners. The only advantages of the level select are - it's easier to skip to the 5th stage for the multiplayer tank achievement, and just playing for fun.

I finished this. On my first game. On the hardest setting. WITHOUT LOSING A LIFE.
I'm not sure if that's awesome or pathetic. I'm leaning toward awesome.

The previous difficulty level's achievement does NOT unlock. You'll have to play through it again at the lower setting for your seven points.

[quote name='jman619']I got to the end of the forth stage I was wondering the same thing. Great game or at least I think so.[/quote]

I did. Beat it on Black Ops & Suicide Mission with my friend Joe and on the easy mode by myself pretty easily. I thought it was a really fun shooter and bought it without even knowing about the beta. The achievements are a little on the easy side but beating the game on Suicide Mission was pretty challenging. FYI POWs, secret areas & the 24x multiplier must all be done in one play through (obviously you don't have to do all three at the same time though). Most of the POWs are pretty easy to spot, except for the ones in the secret areas. The 24x multiplier achievement is actually really easy when you find an enemy spawn (like the little shacks).

There are some crappy aspects of the game though. The vehicles are horrible, especially the handling and the fact that enemies can shoot through walls is a bit of a pain at times too. Probably the most annoying thing though is how the game pools lives when you play in co-op. Personally I prefer having each persons separate.

if anyone wants to play co-op add me... i can hold my own pretty good... got to the 3rd level by myself on suicide...

Fun stuff. I just bought it and completed a playthrough with a couple guys. One guy taught us that if you pause then press guide and b, your health refills. Guess its a glitch. The other guy wasn't listening though so he kept dying.

Anyone wanna play, just add me. We could do the higher difficulties easily with the glitch.

[quote name='CouRageouS']Fun stuff. I just bought it and completed a playthrough with a couple guys. One guy taught us that if you pause then press guide and b, your health refills. Guess its a glitch. The other guy wasn't listening though so he kept dying.

Anyone wanna play, just add me. We could do the higher difficulties easily with the glitch.[/quote]

Bought this today and was really enjoying the game before seeing your post about the glitch. It worked like a charm I made a game on suicide difficulty and tried to tell one guy but he didn't understand and died off rather quickly like 3 levels in. Me and the other dude walked through the whole game. Beating it with 5 lives on suicide is gonna be a bitch! :hot:

EDIT: Oh yea every time you refill your health you also refill your special LT attacks. haha

Shady, you were still able to earn Achievements while using the code?

Rather than having cheat codes, I wish they would have either increased the number of lives you get or reduced the multiplayer difficulty...

I don't think its a code, the way it works makes it seems like a glitch that could be easily patched. I got 85 achievement points using it so it doesn't hinder you at all.

[quote name='eastx']Shady, you were still able to earn Achievements while using the code?

Rather than having cheat codes, I wish they would have either increased the number of lives you get or reduced the multiplayer difficulty...[/quote]

Yes I got all my achievements online using the glitch. Haven't played anything offline except the demo. I will add that when you beat it on suicide Black Ops does NOT unlock, you gotta play it again. :D Also I think it really is a glitch, not only does it take you back to the pause screen the fist time you unpause but it will put you in another spot on the screen or make you disappear completely sometimes. The very first time I tried using it the other 2 guys died off and I kept going solo..... Made it to the 4th level and EVERY freaking time I used the trick it put me off the screen and I had to restart the level.... I tried to make it through the stage myself when a friend started messaging me and every time I went to the guide screen to read his message i'd come back and be off the screen and had to restart..... Finally gave up and that's when I made the game on suicide and beat it. :)

edit Just looked it's suicide not insane lol 127 of 200...

I was playing this a few times last night...hard to find a good player to go through the game with...seems like it'd be easier going at it alone. I've only found one secret area on the first level and another one on the second...haven't gotten past the 2nd level :cry:.

The health glitch seems to only work during XBL games...sadly doesn't work on local...or atleast I couldn't get it to work.

[quote name='CouRageouS']So anyone still playing this? Or did we all just beat it a couple times and are now waiting for the 25th?[/QUOTE]

Did you go through suicide difficulty yet with the glitch?

[quote name='seanr1221']Psshhhh :baby:ies, I beat Suicide, without using a glitch OR dying ;)[/QUOTE]

If you want to help me beat it you can send me a FR. :)

[quote name='seanr1221']Psshhhh :baby:ies, I beat Suicide, without using a glitch OR dying ;)[/quote]

On your own? Did you get all the achievements yet? What level is the tank on?

[quote name='LinkinPrime']On your own? Did you get all the achievements yet? What level is the tank on?[/QUOTE]

The tank is on the last level.

[quote name='DomLando']If you want to help me beat it you can send me a FR. :)[/QUOTE]

Sure, LMK when you can play.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']On your own? Did you get all the achievements yet? What level is the tank on?[/QUOTE]

Yup, the machine gun + 4 POWS tore things up. Not yet, Frost and I still working on it. I just need to save all the prisoners, beat it on black ops and get in the tank with 2 people.

[quote name='seanr1221']Sure, LMK when you can play.[/QUOTE]

I am usually on during the week. So whenever you see me on just send an invite.

I went through it on black ops on my own, still lacking a good amount of achievements on it though like getting a 24x multiplier on every stage , could of swore I did that on a few runthroughs but *shrug*. Then their is the get in a tank with someone else, beat the game with someone else and the suicide one along with a few others. The fact I alone can go through this on Black Ops on my own tells me this game isn't "that" hard its fun but not really hard per say.

[quote name='masked lemon']What time is the beta supposed to be up?[/QUOTE]

I would assume in an hour when everything else is released on the XBLA

[quote name='CouRageouS']Use the full health glitch. Only works in a live co-op game though.[/quote]
Was playing single-player so that doesn't help.

Poor Jim :cry:

First thing you have to go is go into the options, and look under game settings so you can change it to widescreen.

It defaults at 4:3 :dunce:

God I love the beta, or at least what the awesome netcode does for online play. It's already faster and more responsive than HF on Live, but it does have some "frameskip" problems and I've been having problems connecting sometimes (360 freezes when searching).

[quote name='seanr1221']Poor Jim :cry:

First thing you have to go is go into the options, and look under game settings so you can change it to widescreen.

It defaults at 4:3 :dunce:[/quote]

Thanks for the info. I played one quick match before I came to work this morning and was pissed about no widescreen. Can't wait to get home and play some more....

I hate games that have weird achievement values ("get in the tank with two people for 7 points!" or whatever). Now I have to beat it on Black Ops to get my score back up to ending in 0/5.

I know this is not worth worrying about. I don't care.

Fun game, but I'm pretty much never going to beat it on singleplayer...I get to the second to last level and that's it. I'll have to go through it on multiplayer using the glitch.

Playing through the last level I got a bug that wouldn't let me shoot. I got out of the tank and got back in but I just kept walking and the game still thought I was in the tank, couldn't shoot my rifle but I could walk around and helplessly get shot.
The game's easier than I thought though but still fun.

anyone know if its possible to get the x24 multiplier in solo mode on easy... and also anyone know where a link is that shows were all the secret areas are and the POWs...

those are the only 3 achievements i need

[quote name='dkreegz515']anyone know if its possible to get the x24 multiplier in solo mode on easy... and also anyone know where a link is that shows were all the secret areas are and the POWs...

those are the only 3 achievements i need[/quote]

Yep it's possible, just work on dodging bullets cause you'll lose multipliers if you get hit/die so just keep killing troops and avoid getting hit (collecting power ups help in getting multipliers too).

Here's the link to a location description of all the secret areas:
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=76005

bread's done
Back