XBLA & WP7 - Full House Poker - 800 Points XBLA, $2.99 WP7 - Out now!

[quote name='Necrozilla']If you have any respect for 1 vs. 100 you will avoid this, especially since this costs money.[/QUOTE]

That's a stupid thing to say. I loved 1 vs. 100 and I love this game too.

[quote name='Necrozilla']If you have any respect for 1 vs. 100 you will avoid this, especially since this costs money.[/QUOTE]

Seriously? Your love for 1 vs 100 which has been dead for about a year wont let you appreciate a new game. It would want you to be happy with another game.

Necrozilla, shame on you for saying such a thing. Obviously many people here like the game and over 33,000 people were playing Texas Heat tonight, if I remember correctly.

Texas Heat was super fun. However, eventually all the real humans left my game and I was left with only computer players. They would never back down, quite unlike a real person, as they had nothing to lose. Made it hard to do very well, but I did end up with over a million $ at the end of things.

After playing video poker with the crowd at Buffalo Wild Wings tonight, I am tempted to get this. However, I am terrible at poker (very inexperienced) and have a humongous backlog.

[quote name='Matt Young']After playing video poker with the crowd at Buffalo Wild Wings tonight, I am tempted to get this. However, I am terrible at poker (very inexperienced) and have a humongous backlog.[/QUOTE]

The game has a bunch of video tutorials that can teach you the basics of play as well as a list of the different kind of hands you can get. You earn some XP for every hand you play, win or lose, so it always feels like you're making some kind of progress. And single-player is generally pretty easy to win, so practicing offline is an option. But this game is so fun with friends - I hope you decide to get it.

Now for some reviews!

Reviews

That's the main motivator- friends playing the game. I know how to play poker; I just don't know how to play well. I had a great time with World Series of Poker 2008. That game taught me how to play various types of poker, and the fact that it used the Xbox Live vision cam to create a more accurate player face than EA Sports' super-detailed Gameface feature was a huge plus.

I have no friends playing this, however I did go online and played Texas Heat and had lots of fun. Reached the triple diamond table and that was about it. Got a few achievements, great experience and all the tables were full of people. Some had AI of course but at least those seats were taken instead of just playing against/with only 2 human people or whatever. Think the next schedule for texas heat is on Tuesday so if y'all wanna get together maybe we can all play and have some fun. What do you all think of a tourney for this game and we all pitch in different codes as prizes for winners?

[quote name='intoxicated662']I have no friends playing this, however I did go online and played Texas Heat and had lots of fun.[/QUOTE]

What is your gamertag? We had a small group of CAGs playing in a public game tonight and it was fun.

Matt, you should get this game! I'm having a lot of fun with it even though I really know basic stuff about poker and I never play for real money.

[quote name='Pure Apathy']What is your gamertag? We had a small group of CAGs playing in a public game tonight and it was fun.

Matt, you should get this game! I'm having a lot of fun with it even though I really know basic stuff about poker and I never play for real money.[/QUOTE]

Areed. It is well worth the $10. Do it Matty.

Like Matt I'm not that great at poker, but I picked it up. Since a lot of my friends also bought it, it has worked out to be a very fun & worthwhile purchase. I must be at tables with a bunch of morons during the Texas Heat games since I've finished top 3 every time, despite my sucktitude.

Side effect of buying this game that I was not expecting: I'm way more compelled to buy the stupid avatar outfits now on the marketplace so I look ridiculous at the table. I wish that Saints Row 2 Hot Dog outfit wasn't five fucking dollars.

[quote name='Brak']Good game, but like any other no consequences online poker game, expect 2/3 of the table to go all in on the first hand.[/QUOTE]

I've been kind of lucky, haven't seen this a ton yet. I'm fully expecting for my luck to change soon though.

[quote name='KaneRobot']Like Matt I'm not that great at poker, but I picked it up. Since a lot of my friends also bought it, it has worked out to be a very fun & worthwhile purchase. I must be at tables with a bunch of morons during the Texas Heat games since I've finished top 3 every time, despite my sucktitude.

Side effect of buying this game that I was not expecting: I'm way more compelled to buy the stupid avatar outfits now on the marketplace so I look ridiculous at the table. I wish that Saints Row 2 Hot Dog outfit wasn't five fucking dollars.

I've been kind of lucky, haven't seen this a ton yet. I'm fully expecting for my luck to change soon though.[/QUOTE]

If you've earned avatar awards from other games, you can use those. That is another reason I wanna do this tourney, so that we can give away xbl codes for gold, 48 hour trials, avatar items, gamerpics and whatever else we can and some of that can be used towards this game so it's a win-win situation for us all. Something is better than nothing and the prizes are motivation. I like the fact that you can be new to this game and get the hang of it quickly and still do decent. I don't play poker alot and have a general idea and i'm getting better now. Some of it is common sense, like matching cards. Say you have a King and a 3. Look at the cards shown on the right of the screen and if 1 of them is is a King you'll have a 1 pair and that alone might help you win.

[quote name='Matt Young']That's the main motivator- friends playing the game. I know how to play poker; I just don't know how to play well. I had a great time with World Series of Poker 2008. That game taught me how to play various types of poker, and the fact that it used the Xbox Live vision cam to create a more accurate player face than EA Sports' super-detailed Gameface feature was a huge plus.[/QUOTE]

Hit me up some time when you see me online after 8CST and I can give you some pointers to use and grow from.

So there seems to be some cheating going on at the ranked tables. When a game first starts you can expect to see about 2 or so people leave right away. Those people are still credited with having the original buy in amount and always finish 2nd and 3rd behind the actual winner.

If you see that happen, report those players. No one is leaving a game at the very start by accident.

I never even thought about that (the chat) - I've never heard anyone either while in the Heat games.

...in-game chat is on during multiplayer games, right?

Your heart is in the right place - it's absolutely bullshit that MS raised the price of Live 10 bucks and removed 1 vs 100 (of all things). But there's really nothing that can be done - gamers don't have the spine to stand together and actually not buy something to make a point.

I'm hoping that if nothing else, at least the fact that they are charging for this will make it so the Heat games don't get shut off after 18 months or whatever.

It is a fun game, I'd say it's worth the 10 bucks. Frankly, I would have paid 10 bucks for 1 vs 100 as well, but no point in harping on that now since that ship has sailed.

I just finished getting the main 200 gamerscore for each version of the game. Tomorrow night I need to play Texas Heat to get the 3 achievements related to it.

[quote name='xlguru']Hi all noob here, I have 360 & WP7 versions but when I play on my phone it's always in offline mode and a dummy avatar. How do I change to online mode?

TIA[/QUOTE]

Well, I uninstalled and reinstalled it works fine now but M$ charged me twice and the link for Contact Us on their billing site is a dead link. Anyone else have this problem?

I was noticing yesterday that sometimes when I'd go into the WP7 version, I'd be in offline mode. The only way I could get out of it was to reboot my phone.

[quote name='seanr1221']What's the easiest way to level up, so I can start playing at some higher buy in tables?[/QUOTE]

I found leveling up to be easiest on the phone version. Go into Pro Takedown and play against anyone I suppose. From the beginning, go all in on every hand. I would usually win the first 20+ hands. For XP, I'd get 100 for dealt in, 250 for going all in and 500 for streak. Getting 850 XP per hand for 20+ hands or more really adds up.

By the time the AI checks on your all in, they will have a fraction of what you do. So, you won't bust out of the game if you happened to lose. From then on, just play the game like you normally would.

[quote name='Dr.Zoidberg']All and all, it's pretty fun. I don't hear anyone talking at the tables. Would be nice with some idle chatter.[/QUOTE]

Are you serious? 2 idiots at my table last night wouldn't shut up. I had to hook up my headset and throw it on the floor on mute. It seems that it's either silent or people with IQs of 50 are jabbering away about really awful things.

Half the time I forget I have my Kinect plugged in and the mic for it is on. Some day I need to go in there and change the settings...

[quote name='masked lemon']Half the time I forget I have my Kinect plugged in and the mic for it is on. Some day I need to go in there and change the settings...[/QUOTE]

You can adjust it on the fly by hitting the guide button and selecting chat/IM and you'll see the option to turn it off there.

anyone going to play in the tournament Saturday afternoon?

BTW

I am enjoying my elite rank while it lasts\\:D/

ohizio.jpg

Yowza, way to go Coldblood! Dun playing with you guys on Tuesday. Sorry I was in such a bad mood... Rough week for me.

Might make it 1 or 2 rounds Saturday evening, but I'm super busy, so we'll see.

I want to see a "real life" poker game. On Friday I had an absolute shit day at the virtual tables. after being pretty well off so far since release.

I want to see my avatar go home and have his wife scream at him for pissing the family nest egg away because he has a gambling problem. Liquor bottles thrown, windows broken. Good times, mang.

I have all of the Texas Heat achievements for Spring 2011. Go me! (Also according to GiantBomb, I was the second on their list to get the 5mil achievement)

I hit a glitch in a Texas Heat match that really pissed me off. It was my turn and I called the bet, but it wouldn't register. I cancelled, then re-entered my "call." Still nothing. Even going All-in or Folding, and my selection wouldn't register. After about 2 minutes, I bailed on the game losing out on what was turning out to be a good round for me.

I still find myself wanting to play alot more. I just wish people I knew were playing, or that I could get in with more people. I like the Texas Heat set up. Too bad it's not every day.

If I beat the pro tournament on the phone, do I get the achievement on the 360 next time I turn it on?

I'm guessing no, since I didnt get the one for beating larry/lily or daisy Then again, I went back and beat larry and didn't get that either.

Sadly, no. Heck, I can't even get the Lilly/Larry/Daisy Achievement to unlock at all on the XBLA game, and I've completed the requirements.

[quote name='seanr1221']If I beat the pro tournament on the phone, do I get the achievement on the 360 next time I turn it on?

I'm guessing no, since I didnt get the one for beating larry/lily or daisy Then again, I went back and beat larry and didn't get that either.[/QUOTE]

I think the only ones that would do that are the ones dealing with experience levels and money.

I still haven't played any Texas Heat. The achievements dealing with it are the only ones I don't have.

Anyone else having the issue of getting no audio once you're in a match(single or multi)? I generally listen to music in the background, but this kills all audio, no music, no card or chip sound effects. Deleting and re-downloading the game does not appear to correct this on my end either. =\

[quote name='eastx']Sadly, no. Heck, I can't even get the Lilly/Larry/Daisy Achievement to unlock at all on the XBLA game, and I've completed the requirements.[/QUOTE]

Some glitch when you're playing both versions? That unlocked for me on the XBLA game without issue.

Have they fixed Texas Heat yet? Last time I played one I was the only human at my table! I have no interest in playing a bunch of NPCs! They need to remove them from the game and make it humans only.

[quote name='murph17']there's a patch in the works, but no ETA[/QUOTE]

Let's hope they fix some of these bugs! I enjoy playing but some of the bugs will drive you crazy!

bread's done
Back