*XBLIG- 360 Mega Pack HD Remix -*Contest Over, but still giving codes for any review*

Sockey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Hey everybody!

Just a few days ago my Xbox Live Indie Game 360 Mega Pack HD Remix was released. It's a collection of games & apps that are for the most part not that great except for one exception: Gravity Dash. Gravity Dash is basically a combination of The Impossible Game and VVVVVV. You jump and flip gravity to navigate through 25 levels of campaign or custom levels built in the included editor.

Early impressions have been very positive largely due to the inclusion of Gravity Dash:
-NeoGaf Impressions
[quote name='toythatkills']I opened 360 Mega Pack HD Remix thinking these exact words: "might as well get it out of the way, I suppose." Then it turned out to be not bad at all. There's massage shit and other pointless apps, but there are some games as well. The first one is a bit like The Impossible Game but you can press X to flip gravity and ride on the ceiling. Regardless of the rest of the package, that little mini-game is worth a dollar on its own, then you get some other stuff too. Quite nicely presented, also.[/QUOTE]

-GayGamer Impressions
[quote name='NaviFairy']I almost completely wrote this game off as a collection of useless apps and button mashing minigames. After all, that's a majority of what 360 Mega Pack HD Remix has to offer. But there is one redeeming minigame that makes this collection worth a second look. Gravity Dash is a game like the ever-popular The Impossible Game, but with a gravity bending twist. In addition to jumping over obstacles, you now can also swap gravity so that you are running along the ceiling. It's actually quite fun, and with plenty of levels that one game redeems the whole package.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately I think the game title, boxart, and description give off a vibe that this is simply a collection of useless apps. As such, I think a lot of people are writing it off and rating it 1/5 stars without playing it. I'm pretty disappointed in its current 2/5 star US rating especially since it's much higher in other regions.

Anyway, onto the contest!

Edit: Sorry, it's over. But if you'd like to review my game, I'll still send you a code (see below).

If you want a code so that you can review my game (on a publication/website/blog of any size- even if you just want to post impressions on your CAG Blog) PM me with your plans and I'll send you a code.

One last thing, if you play my game (trial of full version), I'd appreciate it if you rated it on the Xbox Marketplace. It just takes a second and of course be sure to give your honest opinion.

Good Luck and thanks in advance for taking the time to play my game!
-Seph
LowBrowGames

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks OP, I just won it myself. Gravity Dash seems like it could be really fun. Will have to try out the rest now. :D

[quote name='Rhu']Thanks OP, I just won it myself. Gravity Dash seems like it could be really fun. Will have to try out the rest now. :D[/QUOTE]

Glad to hear it!

Only two codes left!
Edit: Just one now!

Thanks OP. It's pretty fun although I got confused enough with the buttons that I had to use 2 separate fingers to beat the 5th level

Thanks for the support and positive impressions everybody!

I've still got one code left, but I don't think it will last much longer.

And that's it no more codes.

Of course if you'd like to review or write some impressions about my game (in any size/format) please PM me and I'll send you a code.

Thanks everybody for participating,
-Seph

Thanks man. It's a really fun game, a lot better than most of the indie games I've played. I was pretty skeptical of whether this would be good or not, needless to say my skepticism was unfounded.

[quote name='Skram']Thanks OP. It's pretty fun although I got confused enough with the buttons that I had to use 2 separate fingers to beat the 5th level

Bump

So last night I sat down and logged about an hour, I can wholeheartedly say I feel that you're on the right track.

I like the feel of the main menu, retro and fun, the scrolling moves nicely.

Unfortunately, as was stated in one of the forum posts, most of the "games" are not even useful or amusing enough to make them worth selecting.

I did enjoy gravity dash Immensely, and I can't stress that enough, the sprite functions well, looks good, almost reminiscent of portal and lumines, and even though the game beat the shit out of me for a good half hour, the attempts are all short enough to not make you feel like your beating your head against the wall, I'd really like to see gravity dash as the shining star with the other apps inserted as mini games every few levels.

Two Stick Shooter also has some promise, perhaps if it got a little love in the form of sprite upgrades so they linked visually with Gravity Dash.

Overall, I love the simplicity and the nods made to important stages in gaming, but I feel like it’s a sketchbook, or a junk drawer, so to speak, there’s some great stuff in there, but overall, it needs to be filtered and sorted out.

I sincerely hope you continue in your design efforts. It seems you have a natural talent and I’d really like to see more from you.

Good luck out there
-El

While some people might say that 'most of the "games" are not even useful' I tend to disagree. I mean, I could use a calculator at times randomly while trying to figure out something or I could reach over a few feet away for my cell phone, load up the calc. app and try it there as well but it's all about convenience so it would be easier and faster just to do it on your 360. However, the fortune cookie is the least favorite for me but it could be fun a few times at first. I like the layout, look and feel for mostly the whole game and for 80 microsoft points you get more than a $1's worth so there isn't alot to complain about. It's an INDIE game but a good one at that. It's not something i'll play every day, but a few times here and there and it'll add up to more than a dollar's worth of playtime so don't hesitate on purchasing this. Support a fellow cag member and an Indie developer as well. Best of luck and looking forward to your next project(s).

bread's done
Back