xbone resident evil 6 13.86 @ amazon

Wow that is hard to
Pass up

But yea that game was garbage
Game was pretty good actually. I loved the fact that they allowed you to customize camera angle (to an extent), laser color, HUD position, etc.

If they fixed the laser disappearing when shooting glitch, I would probably get this again.

I bought 4 and 5 gold and 6 with dlc for the ps3 during the RE sale a while back

didn't feel like waiting for the ps4 versions as 5 and 6 really didn't need remastered and 4 has had about 800 versions thus far

I bought 4 and 5 gold and 6 with dlc for the ps3 during the RE sale a while back

didn't feel like waiting for the ps4 versions as 5 and 6 really didn't need remastered and 4 has had about 800 versions thus far
RE4 was a masterpiece, so I understand why it has been re-released about as many times as Final Fantasy VII. However, RE5/RE6 being re-released really doesn't make any sense.

Not trying to start a shitstorm, however this is one advantage to having these multiplatform games on PC. If they're not completely garbage in terms of optimization, you can max the game out (assuming you have hardware up to snuff). The only difference with the console ports is it was originally released at 720p on previous gen hardware, so publishers can easily make a quick buck by re-releasing the game at 1080p/60fps. Set the expectations low the first time around, then capitalize by releasing a shiny new remaster a year or two down the line.

Last edited by a moderator:
RE4 was a masterpiece, so I understand why it has been re-released about as many times as Final Fantasy VII. However, RE5/RE6 being re-released really doesn't make any sense.

Not trying to start a shitstorm, however this is one advantage to having these multiplatform games on PC. If they're not completely garbage in terms of optimization, you can max the game out (assuming you have hardware up to snuff). The only difference with the console ports is it was originally released at 720p on previous gen hardware, so publishers can easily make a quick buck by re-releasing the game at 1080p/60fps. Set the expectations low the first time around, then capitalize by releasing a shiny new remaster a year or two down the line.
FF7 has only been on PC, iOS, and Sony systems. RE4 has been remastered and ported so many times it's ridiculous. PS2, PS3, PS4, GC, Wii, 360, X1, iOS etc. lol

This will be 9.99 or less in no time. Its a shit game and they are re-releasing 4-6 for 19.99 each, once the others start coming out (in reverse for some reason) that are varying degrees of better than this will sink like a stone. A stone turd in the toilet of video games.

Honestly I wouldnt even pay 5 bucks for this garbage of a game that was first released not very long ago.

I thought 4 was shit really. I did enjoy it on some level but to me it was the beginning of the end of the series. Its when they stopped trying to be horror and focused more on action. The story became less important, the horror and tension went away, the chracters stopped being as interesting in the game and it all basically went down a couple notches and was only concerned with shooting stuff.

To me RE4 is like FF7, both good games but also the ones in their series to stop doing what the made the series good up till and then just ran right off the rails with it. In the case of FF7 square only started caring about cut scenes and graphics, letting the rest go to pot.

I thought 4 was shit really. I did enjoy it on some level but to me it was the beginning of the end of the series. Its when they stopped trying to be horror and focused more on action. The story became less important, the horror and tension went away, the chracters stopped being as interesting in the game and it all basically went down a couple notches and was only concerned with shooting stuff.

To me RE4 is like FF7, both good games but also the ones in their series to stop doing what the made the series good up till and then just ran right off the rails with it. In the case of FF7 square only started caring about cut scenes and graphics, letting the rest go to pot.
Seems that most people who played the original three RE games, don't like the latter three RE games as much. I myself would probably be considered bias, as RE4 was the first game I played in the series (followed by RE5, RE1 :gc: , RE0, RE3, then RE6). I do however still really enjoy the old RE formula and hope to get a chance to play Dino Crisis 1 & 2 eventually, however I prefer RE4 (I don't particularly care for the direction they went with RE5).

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems that most people who played the original three RE games, don't like the latter three RE games as much. I myself would probably be considered bias, as RE4 was the first game I played in the series (followed by RE5, RE1 :gc: , RE0, RE3, then RE6). I do however still really enjoy the old RE formula and hope to get a chance to play Dino Crisis 1 & 2 eventually, however I prefer RE4 (I don't particularly care for the direction they went with RE5).
Dino Crisis 2 is weird, it's not really a survival horror game. It's more action-focused, and I liked it much more than the first one.

As for RE, I'd rank them, best to worst, as 4, 2, 0, 3, 1, (insert an inconceivable distance) 5, 6.

Don't listen to the fanboys of the series, this is a good game. Definitely pick it up if you haven't.

I dunno, RE4 is the only Re i didn't beat and didn;t like.  I like 5 and 6 is ok too.  6 is not as bad as people claim to be.  Leon's chapter are quite good.

I liked RE6 more than most people, so I picked this one up.  According to digital foundry it's quite a bit more enjoyable at 1080p/60fps.  I'm looking forward to it.

Thanks OP!

This will be 9.99 or less in no time. Its a shit game and they are re-releasing 4-6 for 19.99 each, once the others start coming out (in reverse for some reason) that are varying degrees of better than this will sink like a stone. A stone turd in the toilet of video games.

Honestly I wouldnt even pay 5 bucks for this garbage of a game that was first released not very long ago.
I don't understand releasing in reverse order at all? I guess because 4 is the most popular?

I guess I'm in the minority but I really enjoyed 6. Maybe because I played co-op with a buddy? It definitely isn't 'survival horror' and is even more action-oriented than 5, but it was fun. Over-the-top action and solid combat plus co-op is a win for me.

This topic has reminded me that I stopped playing this years ago and never went back to finish it. I think the only route I have left is Jake's, but for some reason I lost interest. I don't think I'd even remember the storyline or what the heck I was doing if I went back to finish it now.

bread's done
Back