Xbox 360 120GB HDD in Canada

firehawk12

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Just wondering, other than Futureshop, is there anywhere in Canada selling the 360 120GB HDD? The (local) EB Games doesn't do them and I haven't seen any other stores that carry them.
I really don't want to import this thing, but I may have to do it if Futureshop is the only choice.

[quote name='firehawk12']Just wondering, other than Futureshop, is there anywhere in Canada selling the 360 120GB HDD? The (local) EB Games doesn't do them and I haven't seen any other stores that carry them.
I really don't want to import this thing, but I may have to do it if Futureshop is the only choice.[/quote]

Wal-Mart has them. $209 +tax. They used to be $170 in the states but Microsoft lowered them to $150 not long ago. I wish I could get one for $150 since I will buy one soon for the new fall update/full game disc copying.

Are they going to start selling them at 150 up here any time soon?

I just checked and it looks like even Futureshop is sold out. Ack.

[quote name='firehawk12']Just wondering, other than Futureshop, is there anywhere in Canada selling the 360 120GB HDD? The (local) EB Games doesn't do them and I haven't seen any other stores that carry them.
I really don't want to import this thing, but I may have to do it if Futureshop is the only choice.[/QUOTE]

The source has the shipping date of Sept. 29 but they have it listed at $159.99
You may want to wait for the next accessory sale at BB and FS if you don't need it now, you could save 10-20%.

[quote name='Princess Zelda']The source has the shipping date of Sept. 29 but they have it listed at $159.99
You may want to wait for the next accessory sale at BB and FS if you don't need it now, you could save 10-20%.[/quote]

I never even thought about waiting until one of those sales to get the HDD. I really want the 120GB one, so that's really smart!

BB doesn't even list the drive and FS has it at 199... if they do drop the price, I'll definitely wait for a sale, but if they keep it at 199... The Source might be an option. :)

Futureshop has dropped the price down to $159.99, although their site is out of stock. Some of the stores have stock though.

[quote name='elbkhm']Futureshop has dropped the price down to $159.99, although their site is out of stock. Some of the stores have stock though.[/quote]

It seems to have dropped at my local FS.... I may have to pick it up soon. Anyone have any idea if this will drop anymore, or will this most likely be the new price everywhere?

[quote name='kathos']So why is there a rush for the HDDs? Is there some weird feature that I don't know about?[/QUOTE]
[quote name='Bezeau'] I will buy one soon for the new fall update/full game disc copying.[/QUOTE]
This.

The alternative is the 60GB that comes with a lot of extra cables and such, but that's in November and there's no telling if it will include the transfer cable that comes with the 120GB.

[quote name='Zing']That and the cheap as hell 360 Arcade system, I assume.[/quote]Wouldn't the Elite be cheaper than that combo?

It would all depend on if you need the HDMI cable. The 40$ price difference would need to cover your HDMI cable which is probably close to that price if you need it. If your HDMI cable is 40$ then you end up with a bonus memory unit and arcade games. Looks good to me since i dont require an hdmi cable yet.

[quote name='Pale-Dim']It would all depend on if you need the HDMI cable. The 40$ price difference would need to cover your HDMI cable which is probably close to that price if you need it. If your HDMI cable is 40$ then you end up with a bonus memory unit and arcade games. Looks good to me since i dont require an hdmi cable yet.[/quote]

If you're paying $40 for a HDMI cable, you're getting hugely ripped off. Monoprice.com ships to Canada, that should take care of any cable needs.

Guys...I'm a complete PS-Fanboy...and lately I've started collecting consoles.... :p

So far I have everything but the Sega Genesis and the NES and now the 360 and Wii :D
Just wondering how much and what 360 bundles are offered? Just heard about the $199 release...so now I'm all MUST GET 360-mode :p..someone help.
Is there a list with prices....a list, I need a list :p checking ebgames fails because of their USD pricing.

[quote name='HyeVltg3']Guys...I'm a complete PS-Fanboy...and lately I've started collecting consoles.... :p

So far I have everything but the Sega Genesis and the NES and now the 360 and Wii :D
Just wondering how much and what 360 bundles are offered? Just heard about the $199 release...so now I'm all MUST GET 360-mode :p..someone help.
Is there a list with prices....a list, I need a list :p checking ebgames fails because of their USD pricing.[/quote]

There's the Walmart bundle for 177$ which comes with a memory card and Lego Indiana. Or the 299 60GB one, FS or BB have bundles with Gears/Rainbow 6 or others, best of luck.

[quote name='HyeVltg3']Guys...I'm a complete PS-Fanboy...and lately I've started collecting consoles.... :p

Is there a list with prices....a list, I need a list :p checking ebgames fails because of their USD pricing.[/QUOTE]

You found a Kelecovision, Atari Jaguar, NeoGeo, NeoGeo Pocket, Nomad, and all the versions of Atari before an NES/Genesis? Really? :p

Amazon.ca/com w/e has 360 Arcades on $199 shipped + Lego Batman.
Walmart has them for $177 I believe.

I would highly recommend getting a brand new 60gb bundle for $299 though, because with it as cheap as a Wii, it comes with the hard drive you'll need for any online gaming you'll want to do with it. Without going through all the trouble these lot are having with the pathetic 20gb HDD. Personally, I have all three consoles, and highly recommend the Elite, as IMO, it is a far better online system than the PS3, as well as most of the games being multi-plat anyways. I won't turn this thread into system wars though, so for your needs Arcade-Pro should be fine.

Anyone know where I can get a cheap 360 controller, in the Montreal/West Island region?
BB has em for 60+tx
Same with FutureShop....
anywhere else I should look into?

[quote name='HyeVltg3']Anyone know where I can get a cheap 360 controller, in the Montreal/West Island region?
BB has em for 60+tx
Same with FutureShop....
anywhere else I should look into?[/quote]

Tried Staples (Bureau En Gros) I think they go arround 34$, that or Microplay has them for cheap. don't bother with the knock off

bread's done
Back