Xbox 360 [20GB/HDMI] with 2 Wireless Controllers & 3 Games: $200 Free S&H 1YR WARANTY

[quote name='knotfan123']ewww recertified[/QUOTE]

The voice of youth and inexperience...

[quote name='postulio']recertified models usually come w/ new boards.[/QUOTE]

The voice of a veteran CAG...

Seriously, though... this is a pretty good deal. More than likely it will have a brand new board in it and last at least as long as any other 360 will.

i dont understand how is it ms one year warranty if it is recertified meaning refurbished? what about the rrod warranty is that still good if not bad investment

It's helpful to point out that recertified does not always equate to refurbished. This particular offer is for a refurb.

A recertified item may have just been returned by someone who didn't want it, and it was checked out before being re-sold.

[quote name='FadeToOne']It's helpful to point out that recertified does not always equate to refurbished. This particular offer is for a refurb.

A recertified item may have just been returned by someone who didn't want it, and it was checked out before being re-sold.[/QUOTE]

GameStop described "recertified" to me when I was thinking about exchanging in an older 360(Dec 2006) last month as basically "it was tested to be in excellent working order & that it had been cleaned", otherwise if it was dirty it would be a fee to clean it, LOL.

Here is Buy.com states these as being certified refubs:

What does Microsoft-Certified Refurbished mean?: Shop here for the only factory-certified refurbished Xbox 360 systems from Microsoft! Each refurbished system is carefully inspected by Microsoft and comes with the same factory warranty offered on their new systems. All contents are checked to be in perfect, like-new condition and there should be no cosmetic or functional differences between these and new systems. As an added value, our refurbished bundles will include an additional wireless controller. This is an official Microsoft certified refurbished product. Products that are not certified by Microsoft may not have been repaired and tested and do not carry the Manufacturer's Warranty.

More Warranty Info: This item contains a full one year warranty, just like the new Xbox 360 Systems you can buy at your local store. For more details, please follow this link: http://support.xbox.com/support/en/...anty/warranty/ProductWarrantyRefurbished.aspx

Original Box: The box will be factory-sealed and nearly identical to the current Xbox 360 Pro System packaging, with the exception of a black strip on the box stating that the contents are refurbished (please see product image for more details).

[quote name='retail sucks']GameStop described "recertified" to me when I was thinking about exchanging in an older 360(Dec 2006) last month as basically "it was tested to be in excellent working order & that it had been cleaned", otherwise if it was dirty it would be a fee to clean it, LOL.

Here is Buy.com states these as being certified refubs:[/QUOTE]

Thanks for explaing it, its tempting me... I'll see what my bro says

Buyer Beware. I bought a used 360 off buy.com and it was D.O.A. Got in a big argument with them because Buy.com wanted me to pay to ship their defective/worthless product back to them. Couldn't use Microsoft's warranty because the console had been serviced by a 3d party. YMMV of course, but I would spend the extra money and get a new product.

through dell.com i got a xbox arcade "jasper" for 162, through circuit city i got the 20gb hard drive pack for + controller for 20, grand total for a jasper xbox with two controllers and a xbox hard drive? 182, I would just hold off on buying this because its really not that great of a deal. Combination of dell's sales and ebay 20gb hardrive would be better.

[quote name='dchrisd']Buyer Beware. I bought a used 360 off buy.com and it was D.O.A. Got in a big argument with them because Buy.com wanted me to pay to ship their defective/worthless product back to them. Couldn't use Microsoft's warranty because the console had been serviced by a 3d party. YMMV of course, but I would spend the extra money and get a new product.[/QUOTE]

you bought a USED one. probably from the marketplace. same as buying from amazon marketplace or ebay BIN.

this sale is a completely different animal

[quote name='asianlikerice']through dell.com i got a xbox arcade "jasper" for 162, through circuit city i got the 20gb hard drive pack for + controller for 20, grand total for a jasper xbox with two controllers and a xbox hard drive? 182, I would just hold off on buying this because its really not that great of a deal. Combination of dell's sales and ebay 20gb hardrive would be better.[/QUOTE]

valid point. sure this has 3 extra games (which you can or cannot get for the 18$). its really up to the buyer to decide. plus i dont think theres a dell.com coupon right now.

Been looking for another 360, looks like a good deal. Bumping because this is now $180 after Amazon payphrase cashback.

$180? Not a bad deal at all. And as others previously mentioned when this was first posted, there's a big difference between used and Microsoft recertified.

bread's done
Back