XBOX 360 20GB Premium for $299 AR at Office Depot

Office Depot is advertising Xbox 360 Premium with HDMI output for $299.99 after $50 mail-in rebate! Or add $95 for extra wireless controller and Halo 3 regular edition!

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Should I get the Elite to PM @ CC with another $40 off $199 coupon?[/quote]

that $40 off $199 does not work with game consoles

The way this works is that you go to the store and have them order it for you through their customization intranet, and you pay in-store at the register. I did it last month and shipping was free, but the transaction was taxed. It took maybe 2-3 days from ordering the console to having it arrive at my door, and it was shipped via FedEx Ground.

They will print out the rebate for you, but if they don't you can get it through their web page. I sent in my rebate as soon as possible, and I just got a notification via e-mail within the past couple of days that it is being processed currently, so it looks like the rebate is going through as promised and everything.

Also of note, I can confirm that this *IS* the 360 with HDMI.

Obviously, this isn't as good a deal as the Fry's deal from a couple days ago, but this will ultimately net you a 360 for $50 below retail, so it isn't a bad deal if you're in the market for a 360.

I'll consider jumping on this if I can sell a package of my non-HDMI 360 with a few old games and get a decent price toward buying this. Problem is I just bought an audio receiver last week with only 2 HDMI inputs, for my blu-ray and my HD cable box. I knew I should have gotten one with 3 inputs. I'll have to spend another $50 or so to get a HDMI switch. Damn. Does anyone know how much differerence it makes visually with HDMI vs component?

No difference between component and hdmi visually. Its a myth... However I believe HDMI has the bandwith to handle 1080p and component is limited to 1080i. Ive switched between component and hdmi many times and do not notice a difference. The only reason Id prefer HDMI is the new audio options that are capable with HDMI. (HD audio - blu ray)But visually from my point of view no difference.

It's not a myth, but it probably depends on the resolution and the source. If the 360 was outputting true 1080p, and you had some super high end TV maybe it would make a bigger difference. (Though in still screen shots I've seen you can definitely tell that VGA has more detail, for example).

Normally you need VGA/DVI/HDMI for 1080p, but the 360 actually does support it through component-the catch being most TVs don't.

At any rate, Component < VGA < DVI/HDMI though component looks great too!

OP - your post says Office Max. It should say Office Depot. To the best of my knowledge Office Max does not carr consoles or games (I wish they did as my fiance works there).

Frankly, I'm suprised Office Depot carries consoles.

[quote name='MikeC']OP - your post says Office Max. It should say Office Depot. To the best of my knowledge Office Max does not carr consoles or games (I wish they did as my fiance works there).

Frankly, I'm suprised Office Depot carries consoles.[/quote]

This is completely off topic, but I've been engaged for a year and a half and just this morning learned that "Fiance" = a male and "Fiancee" = a female.

I've been mistakenly referring to my girl as a man that I'm betrothed to for 1.5 years. I wanted to spread the knowledge so others can learn from my blunder. :p

Oh no! What will the neighbor's think?

Okay, seriously that's kind of interesting, but I bet I'll forget in 5 seconds.

[quote name='Wolfpup']Oh no! What will the neighbor's think?

Okay, seriously that's kind of interesting, but I bet I'll forget in 5 seconds.[/quote]

Well, then it's a good thing that my message was mainly to MikeC, who misused it in a sentence the same way I had been for a long time. You may have no use for the information, but maybe MikeC cares to improve his understanding of a French word that is currently important to his vocabulary, much the same way I was able to this morning.

Unless, of course, he intended to say he is betrothed to a man. (NTTAWWT...)

[quote name='ckranger11']This is completely off topic, but I've been engaged for a year and a half and just this morning learned that "Fiance" = a male and "Fiancee" = a female.

I've been mistakenly referring to my girl as a man that I'm betrothed to for 1.5 years. I wanted to spread the knowledge so others can learn from my blunder. :p[/quote]

Thanks for the heads up!

[quote name='kobeisgod']I'll consider jumping on this if I can sell a package of my non-HDMI 360 with a few old games and get a decent price toward buying this. Problem is I just bought an audio receiver last week with only 2 HDMI inputs, for my blu-ray and my HD cable box. I knew I should have gotten one with 3 inputs. I'll have to spend another $50 or so to get a HDMI switch. Damn. Does anyone know how much differerence it makes visually with HDMI vs component?[/quote]

Visually? Nothing... component and HDMI are SAME! Except that upscaling dvds will not go through component, HDMI only... that's b/c the dvd forum or association says so (i.e. via HDMI offers more "security" than component, not b/c component can't handle the converted signal).

[quote name='Serpentor']Visually? Nothing... component and HDMI are SAME! Except that upscaling dvds will not go through component, HDMI only... that's b/c the dvd forum or association says so (i.e. via HDMI offers more "security" than component, not b/c component can't handle the converted signal).[/QUOTE]

Yep, for that reason I just opted for component with my new Pro system as I need to the optical out cable (no HDMI on my receiver) and I didn't want to shell out $45-50 for the MS HDMI dongle that has the optical out nor bother with trying to find the 3rd party component cable which will fit in the back with an HDMI cable also plugged in.

Already head an extra optical cable, so just using the component was the way to go since I already have an upconverting DVD player hooked up via HDMI and have no plans to buy the 360 HD-DVD add on.

That's not true about there not being a difference. It's maybe not something you're going to notice unless you see it both ways, but there's clearly more detail in VGA than component in still screen shots, and theoretically HDMI/DVI would be that much sharper than VGA. Component is the worst of the HD video interfaces.

One thing you want to look at also, I work at Office Depot, but alot of the accessories and games are actually cheaper then retail... most being $5 off and you can even preorder games like Mass Effect.

bread's done
Back