Xbox 360 250GB Special Edition $250, Free Shipping from Newegg

That's a hell of a deal. Plus if you didn't need the game/extra controller, you could sell those to save even more.

how long do you guys think this will last? I missed out on the $149 arcade + $50 GC deal since I was on the fence, and am still deciding on this too.

[quote name='drgnasdt']how long do you guys think this will last? I missed out on the $149 arcade + $50 GC deal since I was on the fence, and am still deciding on this too.[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing not very long as they're trying to clear out the stock since the new 360 came out. If you're thinking about it I would go for it, but remember this console doesn't come with built in wi-fi like the new 360.

Why not wait for a slim 360 bundle in Fall? We all know there will be a Kinnect +360 bundle and I'm pretty sure there will be a Halo Reach 360 bundle or Fable 3 360 bundle later this year.

[quote name='tagout']Why not wait for a slim 360 bundle in Fall? We all know there will be a Kinnect +360 bundle and I'm pretty sure there will be a Halo Reach 360 bundle or Fable 3 360 bundle later this year.[/QUOTE]

How does this help if you need one now?

[quote name='tagout']Why not wait for a slim 360 bundle in Fall? We all know there will be a Kinnect +360 bundle and I'm pretty sure there will be a Halo Reach 360 bundle or Fable 3 360 bundle later this year.[/QUOTE]

I HIGHLY doubt that if they bundle Kinect and this new 360 that it will stay at $299 especially with them selling Kinect stand alone for $149. This is probably the best deal now for a console because it comes with a game, two controllers, special edition xbox and 250 gb hard drive. Unless you really need the new slim and you need wi-fi, there's no other reason to not go for this.

[quote name='xFatalFlaw']If you're thinking about it I would go for it, but remember this console doesn't come with built in wi-fi like the new 360.[/QUOTE]

Wi-fi in the 360 Slim is nice, but overrated. To get the best online performance, wired is best. I presume that, for many people, the inclusion of the wi-fi is unnecessary.

[quote name='MICHGoBlue']Better deal than the arcade gift card deal imho.[/QUOTE]

Better than Target's $130 + $50 GC Spring Arcade Bundle? Probably not. There's a $170 price difference there. You could easily find all the extra components of the SC:C Bundle for that price. Splinter Cell Conviction Collector's Edition was recently $35 through Ubisoft. And the 250GB hard drive has been available for $100 with Gamestop coupons.

Pretty comparable, but I'd still give the edge to the Target Spring Arcade Bundle deal. More flexibility with what you want to do with your $170 savings. However, this is still a great deal for those without a 360 yet.

alright i finally decided to bite... been holding out for an xbox 360 deal for almost a year now (and seen a lot come and go). thanks op!

Just a question for you other guys: do you think it's necessary to buy any sort of extended warranty on an xbox 360? I mean, it already comes with 1 or 2 years of Microsoft warranty, right?

[quote name='paddlefoot']sheesh, non-slim 360's are soon going to be worthless.[/QUOTE]

I dunno about that. There's already some rumblings that the 360 slim gets awfully hot because MS took the core chips and bundled them together into one chipset. I'm not saying the slim is necessarily less reliable than the Jasper but there's no telling right now if it is definitely more reliable. For all we know, it could wind up that the 360 slim goes through some hardware issues.

Personally, I'd rather pick up the Jasper which seems to have developed a fairly reliable track record of avoiding the RRoD. I'm not convinced MS has figured out all the problems in the slim version, and we just won't know for a while.

So IMHO, no, the old units will not be worthless -- at least as long as it's a Jasper unit.

[quote name='BingoBrown']Wi-fi in the 360 Slim is nice, but overrated. To get the best online performance, wired is best. I presume that, for many people, the inclusion of the wi-fi is unnecessary.

Better than Target's $130 + $50 GC Spring Arcade Bundle? Probably not. There's a $170 price difference there. You could easily find all the extra components of the SC:C Bundle for that price. Splinter Cell Conviction Collector's Edition was recently $35 through Ubisoft. And the 250GB hard drive has been available for $100 with Gamestop coupons.

Pretty comparable, but I'd still give the edge to the Target Spring Arcade Bundle deal. More flexibility with what you want to do with your $170 savings. However, this is still a great deal for those without a 360 yet.[/QUOTE]

Agreed 100%. This is a solid deal -- but not as good as the $130 + $50 gift card at Target for the Arcade Spring Bundle. That was an awesome deal.

[quote name='BingoBrown']

Pretty comparable, but I'd still give the edge to the Target Spring Arcade Bundle deal. More flexibility with what you want to do with your $170 savings. However, this is still a great deal for those without a 360 yet.[/QUOTE]

Good call, forgot about Target's deal, as I got in on the Amazon deal myself. Sold the 360 for $150 to a friend, kept the game credit myself.

I wonder where else you can find 250GB HDD for $100 besides Gamestop w/coupon, not exactly the biggest fan of Gamestop ever since their misuse of the word "game credit" given away with select games in the recent past.

[quote name='romeogbs19']I dunno about that. There's already some rumblings that the 360 slim gets awfully hot because MS took the core chips and bundled them together into one chipset. I'm not saying the slim is necessarily less reliable than the Jasper but there's no telling right now if it is definitely more reliable. For all we know, it could wind up that the 360 slim goes through some hardware issues.

Personally, I'd rather pick up the Jasper which seems to have developed a fairly reliable track record of avoiding the RRoD. I'm not convinced MS has figured out all the problems in the slim version, and we just won't know for a while.

So IMHO, no, the old units will not be worthless -- at least as long as it's a Jasper unit.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I agree with everything you said. I have read also on Daily Tech some people's comments in an article mentioning that if the hardware does fail in the near future, it will be hard to diagnose the RROD since this slim only has 1 light instead of the previous 4. I'll wait and see what happens the 1st year :)

[quote name='htown01']Yes, I agree with everything you said. I have read also on Daily Tech some people's comments in an article mentioning that if the hardware does fail in the near future, it will be hard to diagnose the RROD since this slim only has 1 light instead of the previous 4. I'll wait and see what happens the 1st year :)[/QUOTE]

that doesn't make any sense. they'll just make that one light blink out a particular pattern.

[quote name='confoosious']that doesn't make any sense. they'll just make that one light blink out a particular pattern.[/QUOTE]
ROFL
You serious?

[quote name='GUNNM']ROFL
You serious?[/QUOTE]

Tell me the fallacy in my statement, genius.

The red ring is just a nickname given to a set of diagnostic lights displayed by the xbox for a specific type of failure. The xbox shows specific errors by using 4 lights red/green to show the user a pattern. The pattern can be relayed to support so they can help you fix it (or not.) For example, if you do something dumb like forget to plug in the video out cable, you get a certain error.

Having ONE light doesn't change that. Having one light means they'll just use another pattern to indicate the error. Like morse code - esque.

So STFU and GTFO you dumbass. ROFL out the fucking door.

[quote name='MICHGoBlue']I wonder where else you can find 250GB HDD for $100 besides Gamestop w/coupon, not exactly the biggest fan of Gamestop ever since their misuse of the word "game credit" given away with select games in the recent past.[/QUOTE]

I will probably be trading one soon after this bundle gets here as I already had one but I wanted to get another OG Elite before they are gone.

Anyway this is a great deal.

[quote name='drgnasdt']
Just a question for you other guys: do you think it's necessary to buy any sort of extended warranty on an xbox 360? I mean, it already comes with 1 or 2 years of Microsoft warranty, right?[/QUOTE]

hey can anybody answer my question about the warranties? thanks

[quote name='drgnasdt']hey can anybody answer my question about the warranties? thanks[/QUOTE]

You get 1 year warranty covered with any failures the system has and 3 year warranty for RRoD or E 74 error.

The Splinter Cell Conviction bundle price is dead but the Final Fantasy XIII bundle is now available for $249.99 shipped.

I ordered the Splinter Cell Bundle last Saturday with the $100 off code. And I was very surprised UPS delivered my new 360 yesterday. The free shipping only took 2 business days!!
Great deal no doubt

uh?..........
use the codes on the first post? the bundles cost $350 and with the code the price goes down to $250

[quote name='Makula']uh?..........
use the codes on the first post? the bundles cost $350 and with the code the price goes down to $250[/QUOTE]

He's not a big fan of reading.

[quote name='AwRy108']He's not a big fan of reading.[/QUOTE]

I'm really not. Eff all that.

Are the 250gb hard drives being sold separately yet?

Ugh, decisions decision. I bought a 360 at Target 2 weeks ago when the price on the 120GB HD version dropped $50. Now I can't decide if it's worth taking it back, getting my money back, and then buying the better one on Newegg. It's kind of a pain - copy all the save games, all the profiles (5 of them), all that stuff to a USB Flash drive I guess and then box it all back up.

And all that for a little more harddrive space and another controller. Plus I lose Halo ODST and Forza 3 and gain Splinter Cell Conviction (which I already have). Can't decide!!!

I would just keep what I had instead of going through the hassle. I have a 120gb drive and install on my games on it and still using only half of it so the bigger hard drive is not really necessary from my viewpoint.

I am so looking to dump my original PRO with 20 GB... I want a slim, but this is a pretty damn good deal. I would be able to dump Conviction, and an old controller as well as my XBOX. Hmmmmm...

bread's done
Back