Xbox 360 2800 points card - $29.99 starting Jan.2 at Atlantic Superstore

teletran

CAGiversary!
Just looked at the new flyer for the week of Jan 2-7 and I see that the 2800 points card is on sale at $10 off. Sales on points seem to be pretty rare so I thought I'd give you guys a heads up. Also shows these deals for $10 off:

wireless controller for $49.99
wireless N network adaptor for $89.99
12 month xbox live subscription for $49.99 (another item that seems to rarely go on sale).

The points card is the decent deal, not sure about the rest.

The flyer I got is for eastern Canada so I'm not sure if these deals are available at other superstore locations.

[quote name='firehawk12']What's the Ontario equivalent? Real Canadian Superstore?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it would be Real Canadian Superstore in Ontario.

[quote name='teletran']Yeah, it would be Real Canadian Superstore in Ontario.[/QUOTE]

Is there an equivalent to those in Quebec?

[quote name='MrGone']I hope this holds true for the west as well! The online flyer for next week isn't up yet[/QUOTE]

It's in the west flyer ;)

If someone wanted to snag an extra set of points I'd gladly pay the cost + a little extra. You wouldn't have to ship as you could just send the points via email!

[quote name='Firestorm']Maxie et Cie[/QUOTE]
Is it limited to Maxi et Cie or it includes all Loblaws owned stores?

[quote name='ragnar14']It's in the west flyer ;)[/QUOTE]

Huzzah! I was going to try and hit Stupidstore tomorrow, looks like it will be Saturday for me, too!

[quote name='game_fanatic']If someone wanted to snag an extra set of points I'd gladly pay the cost + a little extra. You wouldn't have to ship as you could just send the points via email![/QUOTE]

I'll try and snag some extra cards, but I won't get there till the afternoon or anything. So no guarantees :bouncy:

[quote name='titanium']Is there an equivalent to those in Quebec?[/QUOTE]

I can confirm what @firestorm said.

I have the Maxi et Cie flyer and those special are indeed there! So go run to your nearest store on saturday morning to grab them all... if not RFD members will do it (this has been posted there too hehehe).:lol:

[quote name='game_fanatic']If someone wanted to snag an extra set of points I'd gladly pay the cost + a little extra. You wouldn't have to ship as you could just send the points via email![/QUOTE]

Let me know - I'll be picking up one of these for sure, and tax is a bit less here than in Ontario too.

Sent you a PM!

Woke up at 7AM this morning and I was at Maxi&Cie by 8AM. Was able to buy 4 of them. 2 for me and 2 for my friend.

I was at the one on Jean-Talon street in Montreal. Still had some left. I was kinda of thinking that I wouldn't be the only one waiting, but seems that no one else got up this early to snatch some cheap points.

[quote name='von Monster']AFAIK none of the Zehr's are carrying this deal.[/QUOTE]

Shame .. where in the Guelph area could this be had?

I know that Zehr's usually has the same deals at the Superstores do as found on this forum..

Maybe FS will price match?

[quote name='ikariwarriors']I got six cards. Time to pick up all the arcade games I've wanted[/QUOTE]

Would have been cheaper to pay full price for cards and catch the arcade games on sale :razz:

Clear your inbox :razz:

(Montreal, Qc)
Went to the Papineau / Cremazie ( Aut.40) Maxi & Cie, bought one 2800 MS point card, they only had one left as of 6PM Jan 2nd.
Dont go there if you want 4 of them,,,

why do people need 10 of them?
what a waste of money
I bought one at my local Maxi&cie and there was like 20 left
it was the end of the day and I was the first to buy one

I'll buy another one with my cousin's employee discount

Why is it a waste of money? This whole site is based off of people wanting to save money on games. Saving money on MS points equates saving money on games. They don't expire, and they'll always be something to buy, be it DLC or arcade games.

I picked one up as well. Was going to grab two, but money's a bit tight after xmas and just paid the rent :p

Thanks to the OP for the info.

yeah this thing is as far from waisting money as ou can get. You are buying Microsoft "money" at 25 % off. If you could get a 20$ card of Sony PSN money at 15$, doesnt that save you 5 bucks ?

The real trick though is to use those points to buy stuff that is also on discount.
if a game that was 10 $ is half off and you get an extra 25% off since you bought your points at that discount, then the game that should be 10$ end up costing you 3.75$..

That is why you might as weel buy 2 cards if you buy a lot of stuff on Xbox Live.

[quote name='WillGabriel']Thanks for the tip--just pulled out of the West Edmonton Superstore with 5 cards. Beatles Rock Band DLC, Here I come. :D[/QUOTE]

If you snagged 5 I hope you got whatever that 'free when you spend $150' coupon gave you. I think it was only a case of juice, but free is free ;)

[quote name='neksus']Would have been cheaper to pay full price for cards and catch the arcade games on sale :razz:[/QUOTE]

Everything I bought from the arcade sale was done so using points purchased for at least 20% off :bouncy:

[quote name='foxmcloud']I'll buy another one with my cousin's employee discount[/QUOTE]

$30.59 total for 2800 points FTW. I would've bought a couple extras, but a lot of guys stepped up saying they'd buy/bought extras. So I didn't bother.

[quote name='neksus']Would have been cheaper to pay full price for cards and catch the arcade games on sale :razz:[/QUOTE]

Oh I did nab Castle Crashers and Marvel vs Capcom 2 on sale, but I really doubt stuff like Golden Axe or Sonic 3 will be dropping from 400 pts.

yeah you guys are right
but I don't really like to buy games on Live... but I'll buy Splosion man, Trials HD and Shadow Complex with my 2 cards
I prefer to spend my money on PSN titles and then share them with my friends

but I'm a Xbox guy hehe

The only reason I picked up 1 card is for the upcoming Modern Warfare 2 map packs. They haven't been announced yet but I know they're coming and I know it's a guarantee that I'll be buying them. This deal is actually a lot hotter than people are giving it credit for.

I don't purchase a ton of actual XBLA games but I will if they are on sale. The cheap points make the XBLA deals even sweeter. Picked up Shadow Complex last week and I can't wait to actually sit down with it.

I dunno about other stores but I bought 2 cards tonight and there was still about 6 or so left after I bought mine. Apparently not a lot of people in town know about this deal or something? lol Lots left! Thanks for the heads up. Awesome deal for loading up on points.

bread's done
Back