Xbox 360 320GB HDD Hard Drive (Unofficial) $71 + free shipping @Newegg.com

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']So how come there isn't a 500 GB available yet? Figured by now there would be one.[/QUOTE]

As of now the 360 firmware only supports upto 320GB. I believe a new 360 model is coming out with a 500GB, but until that model/firmware comes out it won't be possible.

I thought all the "unofficial" hard drives did not have the backwards compatibility partition in them, and thus would not work for XBox 1 games? Also, I'm always leery of these knockoff drives, you never know what kind of cheap hard drive they put in them. And LOL @ the customer reviews, a few people claim that this is a SSD, no way in the world would you ever get an SSD at this price at the current time.

[quote name='chimpmeister']I thought all the "unofficial" hard drives did not have the backwards compatibility partition in them, and thus would not work for XBox 1 games? Also, I'm always leery of these knockoff drives, you never know what kind of cheap hard drive they put in them. And LOL @ the customer reviews, a few people claim that this is a SSD, no way in the world would you ever get an SSD at this price at the current time.[/QUOTE]

1. if you flash the drive correctly.. It can play Xbox 1 games.. I have 2 that do so.

2. Western Digital > Hitachi and what other other garbage MS uses in their drives.. My 320 is 7200RPM while the "official" MS drives are only 5400RPM

Js..

1) The 320GB Hard Drive is the best option for concentrated XBOX 360 game players.

Sorry, unconcentrated XBOX 360 game players, but this deal is not for you.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']As of now the 360 firmware only supports upto 320GB. I believe a new 360 model is coming out with a 500GB, but until that model/firmware comes out it won't be possible.[/QUOTE]

Ooo...a newer model is coming?! Well, I'm still rocking the 120GB elite! Guess I'll keep going until this newer model is released instead of buying an 320GB Xbox 360 S.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']Ooo...a newer model is coming?! Well, I'm still rocking the 120GB elite! Guess I'll keep going until this newer model is released instead of buying an 320GB Xbox 360 S.[/QUOTE]

I remember reading about it a few weeks/months ago but I am unsure if it was an unofficial rumor. So don't hold my comment as pure truth, but I know I read about it somewhere.

I've been using an unofficial 320GB drive for quite a while now (not this specific one), and I've had no problems. I've also seen a few forum posts where people claim to have gotten the okay to use them from Microsoft phone support... if that's worth anything.

I dont suggest using unofficial harddrives, they could be locked out by MS at anytime with updates and even a chance of a banned xbox. 50/50 chance. A chance id not take.

bread's done
Back