XBOX 360 4 GB with Kinect $299 with $100 GC at Radio Shack

megma42

CAGiversary!
Feedback
57 (100%)
Shamelessly stolen from SD.

"Xbox 360 4GB with Kinect $299 + $100 GC at RadioShack
Runs from tomorrow 10/23 - 10/29. Perfect so you can pick up Battlefield and another game!

Also you can get the Kinect seperately for 129.99.

Some questions I saw:
Yes RadioShack has videogames. They have DS, PS3, Xbox, and Wii games.

As for the gift card it will be given to you when you make the purchase of the Xbox.

You will see this ad in tomorrow's paper!"

Good deal, but hopefully some store like amazon matches it. 100 GC to Radio Shack isn't as worth while as 100 GC to most other stores.

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']Good deal, but hopefully some store like amazon matches it. 100 GC to Radio Shack isn't as worth while as 100 GC to most other stores.[/QUOTE]

You could buy like three 6' RCA cables with that $100.

[quote name='louiedog']You could buy like three 6' RCA cables with that $100.[/QUOTE]

Or 1 HDMI cable.

[quote name='darkskill']Or 1 HDMI cable.[/QUOTE]

Lmao.

But you could always trade that gift card with that one online site. They only require a fee, and you can get PayPal or Amazon credit, or even cash.

So i was able to grab my 250gb Slim 360 on craigslist with some other goodies a couple of weeks ago for only $200, so I don't need a new console. But while i was searching high and low for good deals, I had to ask myself. WHY in.the.hell. would microsoft release a console with only 4gb of memory? Not even enough for most game installs, let alone a FEW big DLC downloads. This requires the purchase of their $129 HDD correct? Since the Slims cannot use the old harddrives (technically...i know you can "take them apart" and all that jazz) Absurd. You'd think they would make at least a 50giger or something

[quote name='jcp42877']So i was able to grab my 250gb Slim 360 on craigslist with some other goodies a couple of weeks ago for only $200, so I don't need a new console. But while i was searching high and low for good deals, I had to ask myself. WHY in.the.hell. would microsoft release a console with only 4gb of memory? Not even enough for most game installs, let alone a FEW big DLC downloads. This requires the purchase of their $129 HDD correct? Since the Slims cannot use the old harddrives (technically...i know you can "take them apart" and all that jazz) Absurd. You'd think they would make at least a 50giger or something[/QUOTE]

My first Slim 360 I bought I opted for the 4GB system. I bought an old model 120GB HDD off ebay for 30 bucks. All you do is unscrew the casing and pop it out and it fits right in the new Slim model. You just need something on either side of it to keep it in place, since without the casing it doesn't occupy the entire slot. I opted for some nerf darts and that was it...lol. This was like early this year and I wasn't about to pay $100 or more for a 250GB Slim HDD.

[quote name='jcp42877'] I had to ask myself. WHY in.the.hell. would microsoft release a console with only 4gb of memory? Not even enough for most game installs, let alone a FEW big DLC downloads. This requires the purchase of their $129 HDD correct? Since the Slims cannot use the old harddrives (technically...i know you can "take them apart" and all that jazz) Absurd. You'd think they would make at least a 50giger or something[/QUOTE]

Because it could be priced at the same level as the wii (or at least where the wii was last holiday season), that's why. And given the wii is targeted at the casual gamer, the 4GB has enough to get by on most function (you have to remember original the arcade version had ZERO memory and you had to buy a vastly overprice MU just to save games)...It can do netflix and handle quite a few game saves and if the need arises down the road, you can buy a new HDD for it, or mix master points out, you can just crack open your old drive and stick it in the back...I was quite happy that they came out with these 4GB so I could just upgrade my hardware WITHOUT having to buy new 250GB drive with it.

I hate going into a Radio Shack when I'm the only one in there, which is almost always. The 2-4 employees standing around doing nothing inevitably creep me out.

i might be a little intrigued with this deal if I needed an xbox 360, I'm pretty sure there is something in radio shack i can use my gift card on like PSN points or finally get a 3ds

If they sell MS Point cards there it might not be a bad deal. I haven't been in a Radio Shack in probably 15 years. Frankly I'm surprised they are still around.

[quote name='goku31389']I really don't understand what's so bad about RadioShack?[/QUOTE]

msrpShack.

1600 msp is $25 there...wow.

[quote name='yahoosale14']msrpShack.

1600 msp is $25 there...wow.[/QUOTE]

Everywhere is MSRP, I mean you're not gonna find Battlefield 3 or MW3 for less than $59.99 anywhere other than amazon or Newegg, but they are giving you a free $100 giftcard to purchase anything you want.....so why should MSRP bother anyone?

BUT this CAG.com. If the price ain't right, the wallet ain't coming out. I always forget that lol:drool::drool::drool:

[quote name='goku31389']Everywhere is MSRP, I mean you're not gonna find Battlefield 3 or MW3 for less than $59.99 anywhere other than amazon or Newegg, but they are giving you a free $100 giftcard to purchase anything you want.....so why should MSRP bother anyone?

BUT this CAG.com. If the price ain't right, the wallet ain't coming out. I always forget that lol:drool::drool::drool:[/QUOTE]

most places sell below msrp for older games. mw3/bf3 will have $20 gc from multiple retailers

well, $25 is actually above msrp($20) for 1600 points. someone mentioned it to stock up on points, but its odd to see it that high.

all their games are $60 that have been marked down to below $40-50 elsewhere.

the only thing i could see this being put towards is the 250gb hard drive

I got rung up by the store manager, he would not apply the gift card toward the purchase.
Radioshack.com only has the 250 gig hard drive, where as amazon is selling the 320 gig for about $20 more. As much as the hard drive is tempting, might just go with Dance Central 2 and something else. Maybe Gears

bread's done
Back