Xbox 360 60gb In Stock @ Amazon.com ($349)

I already got mine from preorder from GameStop yesterday. It's pretty nice.

Oh, and I just read that Major Nelson said the 60GB version never had an official release date. It's just whenever stores had them in stock.

when is someone gonna pop one of these open to see if its a jasper or not? can't find anyone on the interwebs who has.

I am also anxiously awaiting someone to crack open the new 60gb and see if it's a Jasper or not. I'll end up buying one anyways in the coming months, but it'd be nice to know if I was getting a new chipset or not.

[quote name='KungFu-tse']I already got mine from preorder from GameStop yesterday. It's pretty nice.[/QUOTE]

Wait, what? Gamestop let you preorder this but not the MGS4 bundle?!? ARGH! I couldn't use my store credit since I just had to grab that from the first store that had it in stock...

i got mine on 07/30 at my local Target to replace for the RRoD one i'm sending for reapairing. the 60GB is quiter than the 20GB RRoD Falcon i have. however, the PSU still states 175W and the console still run very hot. about 120-125F at the back vent. i dont think mine is jasper since the GPU and CPU heatsink kinda look the same as the Falcon (i havent open it yet but i saw them throught the vent). and mine has a Lite-On DVD drive as well. that all i know so far.

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']Wow, EA has some balls to make the Collector's Edition an extra $30!!!8-[[/QUOTE]

Its an extra $30 because it comes with two more games. You have a updated Madden 95 and the whole game of NFL Head Coach.

[quote name='adawg555']Its an extra $30 because it comes with two more games. You have a updated Madden 95 and the whole game of NFL Head Coach.[/quote]

I hadn't heard about the updated Madden 95, which was actually my favorite Madden game. If that's true, the CE is looking better and better.

[quote name='TDAGARIM']Does anyone know if they're confirmed to have the new chipsets in them?[/quote]

From what I have read, they still have the Falcon chipsets in them. There's no telling how long it will be before they start using the Jasper ones...

hmmm, guess i'll wait longer or wait for a confirmation of the chipset before i jump onto this new one. c'mon Jasper~

I've you've already got a 360 I'd just wait until at least a few months after we know Jasper's in them. Even then, it's just a second GPU shrink. I don't think I'm replacing my Falcon.

[quote name='PrarieD0G']From what I have read, they still have the Falcon chipsets in them. There's no telling how long it will be before they start using the Jasper ones...[/quote]

...and I won't be buying one until I can get it w/ the Jasper chipset--way too much $ to deal with the high probability of RRoD'ing.

[quote name='Ice2Dragon']How is this a deal?

Its retail price..

it belongs more in the 360 section..[/QUOTE]

Doesn't life just suck sometimes?

[quote name='AwRy108']...and I won't be buying one until I can get it w/ the Jasper chipset--way too much $ to deal with the high probability of RRoD'ing.[/QUOTE]

Falcon's supposed to be a lot more reliable than the first two versions were, although I guess it was still 16% as of earlier this year (analyst in Next Gen article).

[quote name='Ice2Dragon']How is this a deal?

Its retail price..

it belongs more in the 360 section..[/quote]

Some people are going to tell you that you "save on taxes". And that these are hard to find or something like that... whatever :roll:

This is hilarious, just after the 60GB comes out, there's alleged rumors from a Microsoft mole that correctly foreshadowed the 20GB price cut and 60GB replacement SKU -

Xbox 360 Arcade - $199.99
Xbox 360 60GB - $299.99
Xbox 360 Elite - $399.99

Man, this is ridiculous (if true.) Obviously take with a grain of salt, but if this same person correctly predicted what just happened, can you imagine what kind of press and units MS would move if this happened? Personally, I'd buy an arcade just to have an extra console itself just incase my elite dies (it RROD's every now and then, but when I power off and restart it works fine.) - hell, if it came with the new Jasper's and HDMI, it'd be awesome.

http://kotaku.com/5032062/more-xbox-360-price-cuts-coming-next-month

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']Wow, EA has some balls to make the Collector's Edition an extra $30!!!8-[[/quote]

But it's the 20th anniversary of Roster Update AND a 'collectors edition' (meaning no less than 1 million prints), DEFINITELY a deal. :roll:

[quote name='AwRy108']...and I won't be buying one until I can get it w/ the Jasper chipset--way too much $ to deal with the high probability of RRoD'ing.[/quote]

I thought the Falcon set was supposed to "cure" RRoD. Damn, I'm glad I've still held off getting a 360. When will these things ever be stable? Not to mention priced right. Pros should be $200-250 max by now (and Elites $300 max), especially if MS wants to 'win' this console war by getting these into households.

Hell, half of the "shipped" or "purchased" numbers are probably RRoDs, if the claims of system failure rates are to be believed.

[quote name='karkyco']But it's the 20th anniversary of Roster Update AND a 'collectors edition' (meaning no less than 1 million prints), DEFINITELY a deal. :roll:[/quote]

The CE for Madden comes with NFL Head Coach, which is $50 alone, plus whatever other crap they throw in.

[quote name='karkyco']I thought the Falcon set was supposed to "cure" RRoD. Damn, I'm glad I've still held off getting a 360. When will these things ever be stable? Not to mention priced right. Pros should be $200-250 max by now (and Elites $300 max), especially if MS wants to 'win' this console war by getting these into households.

Hell, half of the "shipped" or "purchased" numbers are probably RRoDs, if the claims of system failure rates are to be believed.[/QUOTE]

Falcon's better than the first two models. An analyst in a Next Gen article earlier this year pegged it at 16% (versus 33-66% for the first two models depending on which analyst you went with).

Jasper just does a second die shrink of the GPU (Falcon shrunk both the GPU and CPU).

Wait till atleast Mid Sept before you buy one. You might save yourself a few $, unless you really need one ASAP.

[quote name='karkyco']When will these things ever be stable? Not to mention priced right. Pros should be $200-250 max by now (and Elites $300 max), especially if MS wants to 'win' this console war by getting these into households. [/quote]

I don't know why people are so worried about the stability of the xbox 360 consoles and the RROD. If your console breaks then you will get it repaired for free. It's not like you are screwed after the console breaks. My 2.5 yr old console broke, got it repaired and it has been as good as new since I received it. Total cost = $0

I do agree that Microsoft should lower the prices. My suggestion would be this:

Arcade = $179.99
Pro = $249.99
Elite= $329.99

Now, the Wii needs to drop on price. I am not getting one until it drops to $149.99. The wii is way overpriced.

[quote name='oasisboy']I don't know why people are so worried about the stability of the xbox 360 consoles and the RROD. If your console breaks then you will get it repaired for free. It's not like you are screwed after the console breaks. My 2.5 yr old console broke, got it repaired and it has been as good as new since I received it. Total cost = $0[/quote]

Not if it doesn't break by RRod. That's just one of many ways it can go. (Though I'm hoping you're pretty safe now-maybe I'm being naive, but I feel like the worst of it's behind us.)

I do agree that Microsoft should lower the prices. My suggestion would be this:

Arcade = $179.99
Pro = $249.99
Elite= $329.99

Now, the Wii needs to drop on price. I am not getting one until it drops to $149.99. The wii is way overpriced.

The Wii's always been massively overpriced. They could have launched at $100 if they'd wanted to, and it would STILL be overpriced compared to $400 next gen consoles. Doesn't matter since it keeps selling.

Rumor has it the 360 is going to drop to $200/300/400 in a few months (second real price drop), which just makes it a ludicrously good deal compared to the Wii, and depending on how you look at it a reasonable competitor to the PS3.

If it STILL dosen't outsell the Wii for $50 LESS...geez.

[quote name='Wolfpup']If it STILL dosen't outsell the Wii for $50 LESS...geez.[/quote]

It's pointless to even compare sales of the Wii to sales of the 360/PS3, they're aimed at completely different markets.

My 360 didn't break by RRoD, it got Error 74'd, which usually means a cord isn't plugged in all the way, but it sometimes mean the GPU overheated & melted, which isn't covered by warranty

my 20gb feel so small.
aces.jpg

dayo.jpg

my two cents is that wii has a superset of the market aimed at the 360/ps3, I mean, Nintendo isn't crazy enough to design something that is NOT going to fly under the radar of typical gamers, whatever typical gamers may mean. The sales number definitely do compare in that most family would probably get 1 of the 3 "current" consoles and put the other 2 on backburner, if that happens at all. I mean, game consoles always had that intention of making it somewhat special, like how PS had that cd player ability, and the ps2 had dvd player going for them; how is ds with that motion sensor/fitness theme differ so much from that angle

[quote name='anomynous']My 360 didn't break by RRoD, it got Error 74'd, which usually means a cord isn't plugged in all the way, but it sometimes mean the GPU overheated & melted, which isn't covered by warranty[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure that's the error code my second one died from. It sometimes gave other errors too, and I think my third went from some other error.

[quote name='st0nedpenguin']It's pointless to even compare sales of the Wii to sales of the 360/PS3, they're aimed at completely different markets.[/QUOTE]

Sort of...

[quote name='oasisboy']

Now, the Wii needs to drop on price. I am not getting one until it drops to $149.99. The wii is way overpriced.[/QUOTE]

At the current rate of sales, the Wii won't drop till It's successor is out. I'm not able to predict the future, but the way sales currently trend....

[quote name='karkyco']But it's the 20th anniversary of Roster Update AND a 'collectors edition' (meaning no less than 1 million prints), DEFINITELY a deal. :roll:[/quote]

Well this years "Collectors Edition" comes with Head Coach 09 (complete game), a making of DVD, some secret content thing, plus Madden '95 updated.

This one kinda seems worth the little each this year if you want that other game.

What's that Madden '95 updated? Did they redo like the Genesis/SNES game in the new graphics engine?

This year's actually does sound cool if you're into football and Madden.

bread's done
Back