Xbox 360 Arcade $129.99

Do Arcade units have HDMI? I have two 360s already but both of them are launch-era, so I'd definitely throw one of them on Kijiji if I could get a HDMI-capable Xbox for $130.

Just waiting for confirmation. :D

All new 360s have HDMI output, no matter the model. However, none of them come with actual HDMI cables :(

Might this be a Trade & Save deal? On sale for $150, trade points for $130?

[quote name='RobMinhas']I also know someone who works there and she says she know nothing about that.[/QUOTE]

Front page of next weeks flyer, no trade and save some ps3 bundle was trade and save. Think it was $290 with god of war collection. I'll try to find out tomorrow

we'll take it as Confirmation that EB will also run this promo and the Trade 4 get $100 off also applies!

So umm $29 Arcade at EB Games.

[quote name='gamer602']we'll take it as Confirmation that EB will also run this promo and the Trade 4 get $100 off also applies!

So umm $29 Arcade at EB Games.[/QUOTE]

Does EB actually PM? Or is it YMMV?

I'd love to get one for 4 trade in's and $29.00, lol!

[quote name='charleytony']130$ for a jasper arcade, a memory unit and a new wireless controller ??? good deal[/QUOTE]

If it's a newer than fall 2008 arcade the 512 memory is built in so it technically doesn't come with a memory card. Just so you know.

Is it a hassle to install a hard drive on an Arcade?

I've been holding any buying urge on the Arcade until now because it lacks the HDD, which to me seems a very important component. Would it be worth it to buy a separate X360 HDD or should I try to install a generic HD formatted for X360?

[quote name='gsrce']Does EB actually PM? Or is it YMMV?

I'd love to get one for 4 trade in's and $29.00, lol![/QUOTE]

I don't think EB PM anymore but maybe I am wrong

[quote name='publicsd']Is it a hassle to install a hard drive on an Arcade?

I've been holding any buying urge on the Arcade until now because it lacks the HDD, which to me seems a very important component. Would it be worth it to buy a separate X360 HDD or should I try to install a generic HD formatted for X360?[/QUOTE]

It's actually very simple. You just need to plug it into the top of the 360.

Looks like I will get this. I need a replacement to my launch console. Was tempted to get the FF13 version but this is easier on my wallet.

[quote name='gsrce']Does EB actually PM? Or is it YMMV?

I'd love to get one for 4 trade in's and $29.00, lol![/QUOTE]

Its very rare that EB/GS pm. Well I can never get them to. I'd say YMMV on this and good luck making it happen.

[quote name='publicsd']Is it a hassle to install a hard drive on an Arcade?

I've been holding any buying urge on the Arcade until now because it lacks the HDD, which to me seems a very important component. Would it be worth it to buy a separate X360 HDD or should I try to install a generic HD formatted for X360?[/QUOTE]

You can install your own laptop drive, though I think you need to buy the case seperately or something. It *may* count as one of those third-party memory peripherals MS banned a while back though.

Best bet would be to keep and eye peeled for a used 20 GB HDD. I've seen em around for $30ish in K/W.

EB won't PM systems, maybe games, but never systems. Also there is no trade 4 going on right now. You can get an extra $75 for trading in your old console towards a new one. ie psp 3000 will get you $175.

[quote name='zorba_the_greek']EB won't PM systems, maybe games, but never systems. Also there is no trade 4 going on right now. You can get an extra $75 for trading in your old console towards a new one. ie psp 3000 will get you $175.[/QUOTE]

The trade 4 is YMMV. Most stores in Ottawa offer it, from what they've told me. Only for arcades though.

Trade 4 is over. The new flyer with the 129.99$ price will come out on the 12th.
$50 trade on a 360 plus the $75 = $125 But I do not think the POS will allow same system trade for the deal.

BTW the flyer has some other alright deals in it. Nothing amazing, unless you want Tony Hawk Ride or Dante's Inferno

Hmm, I have a $100 gift card from FS still from christmas I was thinking of picking up either Bioshock 2 or GoW III with...but if I can trade in a game or two, price match zellers, I could have an xbox 360 with which to play halo/mass effect games...tempting.

Though about the no hard drive issue. I could probably find a used 20gb for $40 ish, but is that really going to be enough? I would imagine a 60gb would suffice but $109 new is pretty steep.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='strife18']Though about the no hard drive issue. I could probably find a used 20gb for $40 ish, but is that really going to be enough? I would imagine a 60gb would suffice but $109 new is pretty steep.[/QUOTE]

I believe there is a Canadian CAG selling a used 60gb for $70 shipped.

Just throwing that out there.

[quote name='Cthulhu8u']I believe there is a Canadian CAG selling a used 60gb for $70 shipped.

Just throwing that out there.[/QUOTE]

Not too shabby, we'll have to see if I end up getting the PM at FS for this or not. That will be the determining factor with my Gift card there.

I think I got a 360 Arcade in the last 30 days from Wal-Mart, I'll have to check the receipt.

Would I be able to get price protection from them?

[quote name='thegamecubist']All new 360s have HDMI output, no matter the model. However, none of them come with actual HDMI cables :([/QUOTE]

My 360 came with one, it was the Resident Evil 5 bundle.
But HDMI cables are like 2 bucks on monoprice.com, that shouldn't be a deal breaker haha!

[quote name='thegamecubist']You can install your own laptop drive, though I think you need to buy the case seperately or something. It *may* count as one of those third-party memory peripherals MS banned a while back though.

Best bet would be to keep and eye peeled for a used 20 GB HDD. I've seen em around for $30ish in K/W.[/QUOTE]
It does not count as a third party if he uses the system files that the xbox 360 uses. That is because these bootleg hdd's using cheap 120GB's = everything legit minus the unique hardware identifier known as hddss.bin

Now if he does nothing to it and tries to use it out the box, yeah all it will do is store music, media, but no game saves.

Its possible they might be clearing out. But really, Im not interested in Natal or a new expensive version. I'd just rather have a cheap second game machine to my PS3 where I can play those 360-exclusives. But ya, no HD might have to be remedied by "build your own" methods or buying a used one.

[quote name='messcomp']someone at RFD posted that Staples is going to have the same deal Mar12-19.[/QUOTE]

Hopefully, then we can get $20 off $150! =D

For me, PMing at FS will be good enough. But its good news that staples may be doing it as well. That gives a bit more leverage when getting the people at FS to want to PM. I believe you get 10% off the $129 too, not too shabby.

[quote name='strife18']For me, PMing at FS will be good enough. But its good news that staples may be doing it as well. That gives a bit more leverage when getting the people at FS to want to PM. I believe you get 10% off the $129 too, not too shabby.[/QUOTE]

It's 10% off of the dif, which would be $7.00 off.

Better to go with the $20 off coupon from stooples.

[quote name='gsrce']It's 10% off of the dif, which would be $7.00 off.

Better to go with the $20 off coupon from stooples.[/QUOTE]

Would be better, but i have a gift card at FS. So I'll stick with that, thanks for the tip though

Good times? Great times! Honestly, we should make a thread titled "Drunken Ramblings of Canadian CAGs" and just have it a weekly thing. It would be spectacular. If the mods don't mind, I'll start that thread like it's my jooob, yo!

Sounds like it will be a clearance item everywhere.. so I guess 120GB elite and 250GB special edition bundles will be the main skus? Funny how that matches the PS3!

bread's done
Back