Xbox 360 Arcade $174.00 at Amazon.com

Already posted but no
big deal. It was already halfway down the FIRST page.

[quote name='Kaiser499']I wonder if it's worth picking up an Arcade if you never had an Xbox 360 yet.[/QUOTE]

I think so, the arcades have the jasper in them now so are nice and quiet and use less power. Find a $120gb on ebay for $60 and you got a elite for 235-245. Or just get a 20gb for $25 or so which has plenty or space for maps and such but you can't install more than a game or so to the drive because that 20gb is really only 13gb.

mine is having disk read error messages with a few of the new games (Bayonetta and Dj Hero) so it might be dying.

Tempted to buy a back up...

[quote name='___Vizion___']I bit, gosh I feel so sleezy. Here's hoping this one doesn't croak twice like my old one.[/QUOTE]

Consider yourself lucky. My launch unit has died 4 times. (The next time it dies, I'm getting a new one. I'm hoping it will last until Black Friday 2010)

[quote name='KillerRamen']Consider yourself lucky. My launch unit has died 4 times. (The next time it dies, I'm getting a new one. I'm hoping it will last until Black Friday 2010)[/QUOTE]

Lol.

[quote name='KillerRamen']Consider yourself lucky. My launch unit has died 4 times. (The next time it dies, I'm getting a new one. I'm hoping it will last until Black Friday 2010)[/QUOTE]

Yeah I would say lucky. It's a newer 360 and it happened twice, I expected a longer lifespan but I guess not. Sorry to hear about your launch 360.

I was reading through the reviews and one guy has a point if your wanting a specific arcade. This has the listing for 256mb storage. So it's not the newest arcade model and no telling what chipset it is. If anyone cares.

edit: It's their only listing for the arcade so I'm not sure if they even stock the 512mb or if you could take a chance and end up with one anyway.

It's almost like MS new the xbox 360 was a turd the way they made the hard drive so easy to swap.

I am thinking about getting this since my backup xbox died.

Oh, man, and I just bought one the other day at Sears. Could have gotten it a little cheaper, plus the points on my Amazon Visa. Oh, well. Good price.

[quote name='EasyTarget82']I was reading through the reviews and one guy has a point if your wanting a specific arcade. This has the listing for 256mb storage. So it's not the newest arcade model and no telling what chipset it is. If anyone cares.

edit: It's their only listing for the arcade so I'm not sure if they even stock the 512mb or if you could take a chance and end up with one anyway.[/QUOTE]

The odds are pretty good that you'll get a 512 unit, since those have been standard for since mid/summer 2009, although the packaging may not reflect this...I picked up an arcade in Nov (build date in Aug 09) and while the box said it was 256MB, it was actually 512 (although the actual usable memory space was something like 320mb because it reserves some of the memory space for avatar storage and a few other things)

found out this morning that my 360 disk drive is broken so this might be the best

EDIT: anybody know how to purposely get the RROD? even though my regular warranty is down my RROD 3 yr one is still up

bread's done
Back