Xbox 360 Arcade + Any Guitar Hero Bundle = $149.99 @ Conn's (B&M)

tex1ntux

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
I heard about this over on SD. Pretty straightforward, you get an arcade and any GH bundle for $149.99.

I went in today, and they didn't have GHWT (360) but they had (PS3) and they let me get that version. They also didn't have Jasper 360s at the location I went to. Gamestop exchanged the PS3 version of GHWT for the 360 version, and let me swap my Falcon 360 for a Jasper 360 (buying an Edge card definitely helped me get that second swap ;)).

I don't believe this. Since both the system and GH: WT is worth more than $149.99 and than GS letting you do an exchange without a receipt.

[quote name='Thongsy']I don't believe this. Since both the system and GH: WT is worth more than $149.99 and than GS letting you do an exchange without a receipt.[/quote]

Check SD. It has been confirmed by numerous people.

GH bundles are only guitar BTW

I don't know about the Game Stop thing, but i did get a jasper xbox 360 and GH:WT for 149.99 plus tax...Conns in Houston....

I can back this up. Was the first person there this morning. Walked out with an Arcade bundle and GH:WT for 168 after tax. Already had a 360, but I wanted a second one with HDMI and it was way too good of a deal to pass up. Now I have a 360 in the living room and one in the bedroom.

Just out of curiosity, how do you tell what kind of chip (Jasper/Falcon) the 360 has in it?

[quote name='cycophuk']I can back this up. Was the first person there this morning. Walked out with an Arcade bundle and GH:WT for 168 after tax. Already had a 360, but I wanted a second one with HDMI and it was way too good of a deal to pass up. Now I have a 360 in the living room and one in the bedroom.

Just out of curiosity, how do you tell what kind of chip (Jasper/Falcon) the 360 has in it?[/quote]

Old Falcons could be identified by the lot number.

Jaspers can be identified by the power adapter. If its lower than 175w then you're good2go!

[quote name='iRent']Old Falcons could be identified by the lot number.

Jaspers can be identified by the power adapter. If its lower than 175w then you're good2go![/quote]

Some Jaspers do come with the old power adapter so that's not a definite way of telling. This site tells you how to tell without having to open up the box. http://www.anandtech.com/gadgets/showdoc.aspx?i=3472&p=2

Also once you open it up you can confirm that it is a Jasper by looking at the power connector on the console. If on the connector the bar on the top (above the six little squares) is split in the middle it's a Jasper.

[quote name='thebusoftheundead']Some Jaspers do come with the old power adapter so that's not a definite way of telling. This site tells you how to tell without having to open up the box. http://www.anandtech.com/gadgets/showdoc.aspx?i=3472&p=2

Also once you open it up you can confirm that it is a Jasper by looking at the power connector on the console. If on the connector the bar on the top (above the six little squares) is split in the middle it's a Jasper.[/quote]

I was going to edit my post but was too lazy. Was going to cite Ben Heck's arcade with old power adapter. But meh.

[quote name='silent h3ro']I wish I lived by a Conn's, which btw is a terrible name for a retailer imo. Great deal though.[/QUOTE]

yet they're still in business and circuit city isn't...

Because Conn's is primarily a rent-to-own type outfit that specializes in major appliances. Completely different animal from CC for the majority.

Wow. Once I tried to swap just a simple factory sealed game from PS3 to 360 at Gamestop. They said the only thing they would do is give me used game credit for the game. (I bought the game originally at Target on clearance and my GS doesn't fall for anything.)

[quote name='cereal_killerxx']You my good sir are win! pure win! :D[/quote]Don't thank me yet, I don't get home until 9pm CST on mondays. :whistle2:#

Do they accept, say, phone orders? I know sometimes when they have these B&M deals, you can call a store and they will ship it to you. Or am I dreaming? I'd love an HDMI 360...

Ill stop by one tomorrow and see if they have any left. I'm worried that my current 360 is going to break because it's having overheating issues lately, so I'll just pass that one along to my girlfriend or sell it. I don't need GH either since I already have a rock band set, but I'll take it and give that away to someone too.

I can also confirm. I went to the location on 410 and summit parkway. They had quite a few arcade units left but did not have any guitar hero bundles for 360. They did however let me take a ps3 version of guitar hero world tour. The salesman did call a "hotline" to get approval for this deal which took 10 seconds. Walked out with all at a total of 162.17.

[quote name='beatngurnuts']I got mine in Richardson, TX store yesterday, crazy good deal for anyone with a conns nearby, also they have jasper's:)[/quote]

What Guitar Hero you get? I went to the one on W Buckingham around 12 and they was sold out of World Tour. I then went up to Plano and got the last Arcade system they w/ GHWT had on S Central.

You ever eat China's Food? You got to try Jumbo Buffet on spring valley.

I'll post my Sales Receipt if anyone need to confirm this.

My girlfriend bought one for her son's birthday at the Dallas, TX location at 75 and Royal Ln.

[quote name='d_south_cr']I'll post my Sales Receipt if anyone need to confirm this.[/quote]Yeah, my scanner broke and I didn't realize because I hardly ever use it, so if you an post your receipt I am sure someone would appreciate it.

bread's done
Back