Xbox 360 Arcade Game Stick w/ 3 games $18.96!!!!

KevinMassacre

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
I walked in to a circuit city here in chicago yesterday to browse the blu-ray titles, and found the Madcatz Arcade gamestick on clearance for $18.96. It comes packed with 3 free FULL xbox live arcade titles (Frogger, Timepilot, & Astropop). The game titles alone cost 20 bucks on xbox live. This is a steal!! The controller is pretty cool, its like an old school atari 2600 controller and it even has a spinner on it just like the old atari paddle controllers. I think this is the best deal I have found this holiday season.

Happy Holidays!!!!

[quote name='Hair6a11']I saw that at my circuit city.. and kept on walking.[/quote]

lol, I would too although I would've looked at CC and kept on walking too.

They have them for $18.96 on their website also (circuitcity.com). Free shipping if you throw another $5.04 in your cart. I think I'm going to pick one up for Pac-Man CE. Frogger and Timepilot are nice little bonuses (boni?), too.

Ive hated madcatz products since the days of the sega genesis, when I actually got so pissed at my mad catz controller that i took it out in the street and smashed it into bits. But anyone that enjoys the old school games on xbox live, knows how much the D-pad sucks on the 360 controller. Even after sanding down the plastic around the D-pad, I still have problems with it. I like playing Pac-man CE with this controller, and the new Tempest release that came out today also works great with this controller. I still hate madcatz, their quality is crap, but this if definatly the best cheap controller/game bundle I've purchased. Its not for everyone, and I think the flamers in this thread will prove that. I just wanted to share.....that is the point of this website/forum, right?

I'll pick one up If I can get to CC or best buy, Then I'll trade the controller in to EB. I just want the games!

Every single MadCatz item I've ever bought (dating all the way back to the original Playstation) has either broken, or at least had significant problems. Ok, their DDR mats were pretty good, but they still do not have the best track record. One question - is this controller compatible with PCs like the 1st party ones are? If so, it would be worth buying just for the dial (paddle) control, and the ability to play classics, like Arkanoid, the way they were meant to be played.

Yeah, I got in on the 9.99 Best Buy clearance two weeks ago. I really just wanted the games and the D-pad. This D-pad's really nothing special, but it's definitely better than my xbox controller's. The stick isn't really comfortable though--it should really be played with it sitting on a flat surface, but then you can't use the triggers.

I was one of the people who bought this for $40 and unless you were planning on buying all of these games do not buy it for any price. I have never complained about a buying purchase in my 25+ years gaming and this is the worst controller ever produced. The joystick is too loose and controles terribley. The buttons just dont sit in the right spot and they feel uncomfortable. If this response stops one gamer from buying this I feel that I have done my job. If you are still interested in the controller I still have it as no one will take it as a trade in I would be more than willing to trade it for any game for any system that you have an I will cover the shipping to you.

[quote name='DGenerateKane']I can't think of any reliable Madcats Accessories.[/QUOTE]

i got some decent ps2 controllers a while back that worked good. but yeah for the most part they are garbage

Already got 2 of those games (Frogger and Time Pilot) on my GBA...and the D-pad is WAY better than the one on the Mad Catz controller.....

But a deal is a deal since it's almost half off....

bread's done
Back