Xbox 360 Arcade + Lego Batman = $200 shipped at Amazon

Is the deal still working for anyone? I currently have a buddy with an non-prime account trying to place an order and he's getting 249.99.

[quote name='MajorGamerGeek']Is the deal still working for anyone? I currently have a buddy with an non-prime account trying to place an order and he's getting 249.99.[/quote]

Same here, I got to the order review page before finalizing the purchase and there was no discount given.

The page is still active, and I ordered one this afternoon on my Prime account (after I attempted to make a non-prime account and it didn't work), and shot an email to amazon, and they'll be crediting me the difference.

Hello from Amazon.com.

I'm sorry that our promotional offer was not applied to your order.

To correct this error, I've requested a refund of $49.99 to reimburse
you for the amount you were erroneously charged. This refund should
be issued to your credit card within the next 2 to 3 business days.

We'll send you another e-mail to let you know when it has been
completed. You may also view refunds by:

1. Clicking the "Your Account" link at the top of our website, then
2. Clicking "Go!" next to "open and recently shipped orders."

Completed refunds appear at the bottom of an individual order's summary page.

I hope this solution is satisfactory and apologize once again for
this inconvenience.

Thank you for shopping at Amazon.com.

dang wish this was still alive
signature_Cheap Ass Gamer.jpg

[quote name='eastx']AWG is just the wire thickness and won't affect performance. You might as well buy HDMI 1.3 cable as they're dirt cheap at Monoprice.

Also note that if you use a standard HDMI cable with your 360, you'll need to output sound via the HDMI cable too. There's not room to connect the regular 360 component cable with digital optical output while an HDMI cable is plugged in unless you mod the cable.[/quote]

hey, sorry to ask another question, but could someone explain this a little better? i'm a noob when it comes to HDMI, but i do know that it's uncompressed video and audio right?

so would the 1.3 hdmi cables from monoprice work for outputting both video AND audio? I know digital optical out is better(?) audio quality than HDMI, but I wouldn't have to buy an additional cable or anything if I got the hdmi cable, to get sound, right?

[quote name='drgnasdt']hey, sorry to ask another question, but could someone explain this a little better? i'm a noob when it comes to HDMI, but i do know that it's uncompressed video and audio right?

so would the 1.3 hdmi cables from monoprice work for outputting both video AND audio? I know digital optical out is better(?) audio quality than HDMI, but I wouldn't have to buy an additional cable or anything if I got the hdmi cable, to get sound, right?[/quote]

HDMI carries both video and audio. You can simply hook up one HDMI cable from your X360 to your HDTV and get video and sound together. If you're going to use an audio receiver for 5.1, you'd need two HDMI cables: one from the X360 to the receiver and another from the receiver to the TV. (You could try X360 to TV and then from TV to receiver, but most likely the TV will not output true 5.1.)

However, many people do not have HDMI audio receivers, and thus require a Toslink optical audio adapter, which is only available as part of a Microsoft A/V kit that comes with an HDMI cable and the Toslink adapter.

The X360 is only HDMI 1.2 compliant but you can use 1.3 cables because they're backwards compatible.

thanks! i have a 32" magnavox LCD HDTV with 2 hdmi inputs, so i'm hoping it has audio receivers... otherwise that toslink adapter sounds expensive to buy.

[quote name='drgnasdt']thanks! i have a 32" magnavox LCD HDTV with 2 hdmi inputs, so i'm hoping it has audio receivers... otherwise that toslink adapter sounds expensive to buy.[/quote]

I think I may have confused you. An audio receiver is a separate unit from a TV. It's an electronic device that functions as an amplifier, multichannel decoder, and switcher. It's basically the heart of any surround sound system.

Do you have a surround sound system or do you typically use your TV's speakers?

OH! haha sorry! i know what a receiver is by your definition. and nope, i don't have a surround sound system set up - couldn't find a cheap receiver, so i just use my TV's speakers. they should be able to play any audio signals from the hdmi cable, right?

[quote name='drgnasdt']OH! haha sorry! i know what a receiver is by your definition. and nope, i don't have a surround sound system set up - couldn't find a cheap receiver, so i just use my TV's speakers. they should be able to play any audio signals from the hdmi cable, right?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, of course. Any HDMI-capable HDTV accepts video and audio through the HDMI cable. The only issue is for people whose surround sound receivers don't have HDMI inputs.

You should get a surround sound system sometime though... Perhaps an affordable all-in-one Onkyo system from Amazon. :)

I must have read Neo's (CAG above me) mind and did the same thing, ordered mine yesterday and then e mailed them, few hours later i received e mail saying that they will refund the $50.
This is just one of many reasons why i buy EVERYTHING from Amazon, the customer service is great.
And how can you not have it ship next day air for ONLY $15?!
Remember folks, having stuff ship Air is much better then Ground, or whatever they call it, the reason is because Ground package goes from trailer to trailer and will get beat up more, air on the other hand is just one truck and you guessed it...airplane.

I ordered one yesterday. It wasn't showing up so I called their customer service number using skype. After around 10 minutes of trying to get the page up for the representative, she finally got it up and had to manually adjust the price after I put the order in.

Is all good now.

what's the difference between the Arcade and the $300 model? It's just memory card vs HDD and composite cable vs component cable? I heard that more expensive models have a chrome trim too, right?

[quote name='eau']what's the difference between the Arcade and the $300 model? It's just memory card vs HDD and composite cable vs component cable? I heard that more expensive models have a chrome trim too, right?[/quote] Correct

[quote name='eau']what's the difference between the Arcade and the $300 model?[/QUOTE]

There's also a wired LIVE headset included with the $299 and up models.

well, i got mine today...hooked it up, connected my 120GB hard drive from my recently deceased launch system, turned it on, and BAM! more red lights of happiness! 3 of them!

this is simply absurd at this point. nearly 3 years later and these things still don't work?

one odd note...i tried a few times and it kept happening. i then disconnected the hard drive and tried it and it worked. i reconnected the hard drive and it has continued working for the last few hours.

[quote name='trent82']well, i got mine today...hooked it up, connected my 120GB hard drive from my recently deceased launch system, turned it on, and BAM! more red lights of happiness! 3 of them!

this is simply absurd at this point. nearly 3 years later and these things still don't work?

one odd note...i tried a few times and it kept happening. i then disconnected the hard drive and tried it and it worked. i reconnected the hard drive and it has continued working for the last few hours.[/QUOTE]

I don't think 3 red lights is necessarily the RROD. You can get the same error with a faulty hard drive if memory serves correct. I'm pretty sure one of the troubleshooting steps is to remove the hard drive and re-seat it to see if it turns on. Same thing with the power and video. It's been over a year since I had to go through it with Microsoft, so I could be wrong.

I got my bundle today. The Arcade is quiet compared to my other unit. No problems with it using my old HDD. I needed a new controller and wanted a memory card so this deal was too good to pass up with Lego Batman. I used Super Saver shipping and got free overnight via UPS ground? It shipped from Dallas to San Antonio. I thought I was screwed when the deal died due to Super Saver but they shipped it ground. 199.99 out the door aint bad! Thanks to CheapyD and the dude from FW who gave him the tip on this deal. I kind of like the solid white look after staring at a chrome disk tray every now and then for almost three years.

Ok, this is ridiculous. I placed my order last night, and e-mailed customer service about fixing my order (it shows up as $250 for me). Well it looks like if you go to Amazon's page now, they've retroactively changed the cutoff date to September 29, 2008 9:45AM PST. So after calling customer service, I am waiting for the promo department to call me back about this whole thing. I'm not sure what their excuse is or what they will try.

A Google search for "xbox 360 lego batman amazon oct. 9" does return the text of the original page
"Order LEGO Batman for the Xbox 360 and an Xbox 360 Core Arcade Bundle after September 26, 2008 12:00 am PST and before October 9, 2008 11:59 pm PST in our ...", so I am planning on using that to fight any BS they may try to claim, but does anyone happen to have a snapshot of the original promo page? In fact, is there anyone else that has made the order but hasn't had their payment adjusted yet?

[quote name='EdEddandEdge']I got my bundle today. The Arcade is quiet compared to my other unit. No problems with it using my old HDD. I needed a new controller and wanted a memory card so this deal was too good to pass up with Lego Batman. I used Super Saver shipping and got free overnight via UPS ground? It shipped from Dallas to San Antonio. I thought I was screwed when the deal died due to Super Saver but they shipped it ground. 199.99 out the door aint bad! Thanks to CheapyD and the dude from FW who gave him the tip on this deal. I kind of like the solid white look after staring at a chrome disk tray every now and then for almost three years.[/QUOTE]

I received mine on Wednesday....just hooked it up Thursday night to make sure it was good. As you said, this newer version runs quieter than my original 360. :)

[quote name='EdEddandEdge']I got my bundle today. The Arcade is quiet compared to my other unit. [/quote]
Wow, I'd hate to hear the old units. This is my first 360 and the thing sounds like a vacuum cleaner compared to my wii and even my gaming pc. But I'm having fun with batman.

Now just to wait for the 60GB hard drive kit, and I'll be good to go. :D

[quote name='Lawyers Guns N Money']Wow, I'd hate to hear the old units. This is my first 360 and the thing sounds like a vacuum cleaner compared to my wii and even my gaming pc.[/quote]

Funny, I thought the same thing about my new 360 sounding like a vacuum. Then I heard my friend's two-year-old unit: it's like a jet taking off.

bread's done
Back