XBOX 360 Arcade Models

Ub3rChief

CAGiversary!
Alright, here's my question. My roommate's 360 just got the RROD, and he's thinking of just buying an Arcade model to replace it. Thing is, he's not sure about whether or not the Arcade stock stores have will have the new GPU/CPU/heatsink fixes or not, and he doesn't know what model (Zephyr, whatever) they are. I don't have much of a clue either, so could somebody explain how to tell (preferably without opening the box) what specifications the system inside will have (aside from the HDMI/non-HDMI status; that's easy enough to figure out)? Thanks in advance for your help!

I'd recommend the same thing to your roommate as I did to my friend: Send it in for repairs and wait. You can live without a 360 for a few weeks, and you save a couple hundred in the process.

As far as model goes, the build date tells you what model it is (right above the serial number). I'm not exactly sure when the Jasper took over production lines, but I believe it's a build date sometime in late August or September. That said, it's going to be a pain to find one, if they are even being shipped and sold yet.

bread's done
Back