Xbox 360 at Meijer - How are they doing it?

jkircos

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Does anyone have details about what Meijer is planning to do about Xbox 360s? Last system I got from them was a Gamecube, and they passed out tickets starting at noon the day of. If anyone works at Meijer, let us know!

I work at Meijer in Kalamazoo, Michigan and right now it is a first come first serve basis at midnight, no ticket system. At least, not at my particular store. And our store did do the tickets for the Gamecube and original Xbox when they were released.

That Valor guy is lying. Meijers isn't even getting any 360. Don't bother even checking that store. BTW, Weezer & Shinobi suck.

[quote name='Bigsauce']That Valor guy is lying. Meijers isn't even getting any 360. Don't bother even checking that store. BTW, Weezer & Shinobi suck.[/QUOTE]

ok?

My store has the J-hooks up and the shelf tags for the accessories, but there is no accessories out at all :( was going to pick up an extra wireless controller.

Just returned from Meijer, actually, and was told by the toy manager that they had just received a shipment of the consoles and they were expecting (hoping) for a second shipment next Sunday for launch. She said that IF they got the second shipment they should have in the neighborhood of 50. She wouldn't tell me how many they'd already received or what the proportion of premium to core was. She said they'd definately have it available at midnight, and it was first come first serve - just like valor19 said.

And Bigsauce, if you have absolutely no knowlege or input - please troll someplace else.

[quote name='morpheus_49017']She wouldn't tell me how many they'd already received or what the proportion of premium to core was. She said they'd definately have it available at midnight, and it was first come first serve - just like valor19 said.[/QUOTE]

That's what I was told today. Although, the guy wasn't very nice to me in answering my questions. He kind of seemed annoyed. 12:01 they go on sale.

1. Valor is a friend of mine.
2. Trying to discourage people from going to Meijers since that's where we'll be obtaining ours for 10% off.
3. Shut Up.

[quote name='nsain']how are you getting 10% off?[/QUOTE]

Employee discount and on some mondays they give credit card holders 15% off General merchandise..

15 + 10 = 25% :)

[quote name='nsain']how are you getting 10% off?[/QUOTE]

Bigsauce and I our roommates and since I work for Meijer, we both can use my 10% employee discount store. I apologize if he comes off as rude but he really is trying to scare people away from meijers to insure we get ours there at launch. Isn't he a mean bastard?

Back on topic...

The most any meijer got in my area was 6 premiums and 4 cores for a total of 10 systems. These were at the more popular stores (Ann Arbor next to U of M campus for example) and some stores will get less. Now, another poster said he expected a second shipment but I have heard nothing of the sort. So, as it stands, the most of I have seen is 10 systems per Meijer store. Sadly, my particular store only got in 4 of each for a total of 8 systems. It may seem like a small amount but meijer is a small chain compared to Bestbuy or walmart and we aren't going to get that many.

If you are going to a particular meijer and want to know the amount of 360's at that meijer, let me know and I will check their inventory. I need the street address and city, not just the city if there is more than one meijer in that city. If you have the store # then that would be more helpful.

Also, the 360 box is very, very heavy! :lol:

[quote name='valor19']Bigsauce and I our roommates and since I work for Meijer, we both can use my 10% employee discount store. I apologize if he comes off as rude but he really is trying to scare people away from meijers to insure we get ours there at launch. Isn't he a mean bastard?

Back on topic...

The most any meijer got in my area was 6 premiums and 4 cores for a total of 10 systems. These were at the more popular stores (Ann Arbor next to U of M campus for example) and some stores will get less. Now, another poster said he expected a second shipment but I have heard nothing of the sort. So, as it stands, the most of I have seen is 10 systems per Meijer store. Sadly, my particular store only got in 4 of each for a total of 8 systems. It may seem like a small amount but meijer is a small chain compared to Bestbuy or walmart and we aren't going to get that many.

If you are going to a particular meijer and want to know the amount of 360's at that meijer, let me know and I will check their inventory. I need the street address and city, not just the city if there is more than one meijer in that city. If you have the store # then that would be more helpful.

Also, the 360 box is very, very heavy! :lol:[/QUOTE]

Does your store have any accessories? My store just have the empty j-hooks and the shelf tags but no accessories. I need to get an extra wireless controller.

No, just the empty j-hooks at the four stores around here I checked including my store. And Meijers isn't just withholding accessories for launch day, they just haven't got the product in yet.

Interestingly though, I don't see a tag for the VGA cables and I need those. :sad:

[quote name='valor19']No, just the empty j-hooks at the four stores around here I checked including my store. And Meijers isn't just withholding accessories for launch day, they just haven't got the product in yet.

Interestingly though, I don't see a tag for the VGA cables and I need those. :sad:[/QUOTE]

Whew! Lot of people looking for the accessories and Meijer is taking their precious time of getting them.. They better get on the ball! :)

[quote name='The Dord']Employee discount and on some mondays they give credit card holders 15% off General merchandise..

15 + 10 = 25% :)[/QUOTE]

Just FYI, 10% + 15% does not equal 25%

If an item costs $100, the 15% off makes it $85

subtract another 10% from 85 = $76.50

so, it's really 23 1/2% off

[quote name='bmulligan']Just FYI, 10% + 15% does not equal 25%

If an item costs $100, the 15% off makes it $85

subtract another 10% from 85 = $76.50

so, it's really 23 1/2% off[/QUOTE]

:roll:

[quote name='bmulligan']It's okay if math wasn't one of your favorite classes, dord. Too bad they didn't have videogame classes, eh? ;)[/QUOTE]

I smell a bashing.

Hey Valor - can you check my Meijer for #'s? It's at 2777 Airport Rd. Jackson, MI 49202. The woman working seemed pretty knowledgable, but wouldn't tell me how many they had. As I said before, she seemed to hope for about 50 by launch, but I was pretty skeptical that they'd be receiving more than they already had. Anyway, I was hoping to get a new credit card and use the 10% off first purchase with it there if possible. I'd love to know how many they really have.
Thanks!

Any way you could check these?
1.) 1997 E Beltline NE
Grand Rapids , MI 49525

2.) 1540 28th Street SE
Grand Rapids, MI 49508

3.) 5531 28th St SE
Grand Rapids, MI 49512

If thats too much to ask, sorry. But if its not, then Thank you!

Well, I went in today and our Xbox 360's were locked up and I couldn't get the key. So, I can't look up the quantity for individual stores until I can get the key and get the upc off a system again. I should have wrote it down when I had the chance. :sad:

Perhaps, someone else knows the upc?

[quote name='The Dord']Employee discount and on some MONDAYS they give credit card holders 15% off General merchandise..

15 + 10 = 25% :)[/QUOTE]

Except that at 12:00 a.m. it will be Tuesday...

Any update on Meijer stores? Anyone know if they've received additional units. Has anyone gone there for a midnight launch before, and how busy/how early are the crowds?

Last we knew they didn't get anymore. BUT last week they came in on Saturday so they could easily do that again. Here's hoping!! That is the ONLY store (besides gamestop) that is doing a MidNight launch around here. I hope to god they get some.

[quote name='Bigsauce']Last we knew they didn't get anymore. BUT last week they came in on Saturday so they could easily do that again. Here's hoping!! That is the ONLY store (besides gamestop) that is doing a MidNight launch around here. I hope to god they get some.[/QUOTE]

No super walmart in your area? I'd rather wait till Tuesday than go there anyway.... I hope Meijer comes through.

Nope. The walmarts around here are not 24hrs. This is Meijers country. THere are walmarts here but they suck most of the time.

[quote name='morpheus_49017']Hey Valor - can you check my Meijer for #'s? It's at 2777 Airport Rd. Jackson, MI 49202. The woman working seemed pretty knowledgable, but wouldn't tell me how many they had. As I said before, she seemed to hope for about 50 by launch, but I was pretty skeptical that they'd be receiving more than they already had. Anyway, I was hoping to get a new credit card and use the 10% off first purchase with it there if possible. I'd love to know how many they really have.
Thanks![/QUOTE]

There are two stores in Jackson.

Meijer, Airport Road
6 premium, 6 core

Meijer, Michigan Ave
4 premium, 6 core

That is their final launch number, no shipments until Dec.

[quote name='nsain']Any way you could check these?
1.) 1997 E Beltline NE
Grand Rapids , MI 49525

2.) 1540 28th Street SE
Grand Rapids, MI 49508

3.) 5531 28th St SE
Grand Rapids, MI 49512

If thats too much to ask, sorry. But if its not, then Thank you![/QUOTE]

Meijer, 28th Street (1540, store #11))
4 premium, 4 core

Meijer, 28th Street (5531, store # 30)
6 premium, 6 core

Sorry, I did not see a listing for Beltline but I will look again. I think it is listed as the Knapps Corner store and I over looked it.

Also, in GR area....

Meijer, Alpine Ave (store #20)
6 premium, 6 core

Meijer, Plainfield Ave (store #12)
4 premium, 4 core

That is their final launch number, no shipments until Dec.

Forgot to mention...

Most Meijers will have 360 kiosks by now and ALL stores now have their accessories. Any store that doesn't put the accessories out it just holding them until launch and being dicks.

Also, I saw every "day 1" launch game except Madden and PDZ. In the case, ready to be sold.

[quote name='valor19']Forgot to mention...

Most Meijers will have 360 kiosks by now and ALL stores now have their accessories. Any store that doesn't put the accessories out it just holding them until launch and being dicks.

Also, I saw every "day 1" launch game except Madden and PDZ. In the case, ready to be sold.[/QUOTE]

No Kiosk here, but accessories.

Thank for the info Valor. That's pretty discouraging... I'll probably stop by in the evening and count the numbers. If there are more than 6 people, guess I'll be camping at Best Buy.

can u check:
Meijer - Rolling Meadows
1301 Meijer Drive
Rolling Meadows , IL 60008-4205
(847) 690-1500

Im on 2nd shipment on gamestop which is rumored to be Dec 15, but I got a call that I might not even get on that 2nd shipment..

I will check as many stores inventory as I can on Sunday. However, I can't guarantee I can check all the stores that have been requested. I got a lot of PM's and I'm only one man!

Although, once someone said I was like a man and a half because I am so manly.

^no one really said that^ :sad:

Sorry to be an anchor...how about...

3175 S. Rochester Rd
Rochester Hills, MI 48306

I did wait in line for the first XBox there, so I guess if I change my mind and decide to get one, that's where I'll be.

Valor, if you have time I was going to Meijer in Cincinnati @ 6325 S. gilmore. It may be listed as Fairfield, OH.

I just read the meijer ad in the sunday paper today. It had the 360 in it. It had a note that said 1800 chain wide. I didn't think there were that many meijer's around. That doesn't make a whole lot of sense if they are getting about 10 per store. Are there really 180 Meijer stores?

mchuckp

180 Meijers Nation Wide? Hell yes. There are 3 in Kalamazoo alone. And I think there are at least 5 in Grand Rapids. The Detroit area and Southwest Michigan is totally Meijer country. I would have to bet there is even more than that.

Most meijer's are getting about 6-12 total per store, and the one in oregon oh. has about 6-8 total. And they are doing a lottery system.

As per request (on this topic and via PM)....

Rolling Meadows, ILL
6 premium, 6 core

Rochester, MI
6 premium, 6 core

Jeffersonville, IN
4 premium, 6 core

Fort Wayne, IN
2 premium, 6 core

If the store you requested isn't on the list, try calling them. I couldn't check every single store requested, but I did get all the people that asked first.

[quote name='js1']Most meijer's are getting about 6-12 total per store, and the one in oregon oh. has about 6-8 total. And they are doing a lottery system.[/QUOTE]

Most are getting 6-12. However, there are a few stores that are getting none for launch. I'm 100% serious and I have no explanation why. The average is 4 premium, 4 core with the larger gettting 6 of each. A lot depends on the location and sales of that store.

Any other stores doing a lottery? I really don't want them to do a lottery, but my local store can't tell me until tonight.

Based on the weekly ad which I always love how they actually put how many of certain item they get chain wide but it doesn't look like Meijer will be getting many of these for launch.

Mine says they're setting up 4 chairs for premium and 6 for core, if you're sitting in the chair at 12:01 they'll give you a 360.

You can't get up except to go to the bathroom.

Was in Meijer today and...

There are 5 people waiting in line since 8am near the cash register where the 360s are. Unless they leave, the 5 360s at my nearest Meijer are pretty much spoken for (no stupid lottery).

bread's done
Back