Xbox 360 Battery Packs (Pink) - 2-Pack $9.50 + FS @ Buy.com

same, but i already have so many batteries and at this point i don't mind for pink. maybe i can switch housings if my existing batteries go dead.

Ha, these will go perfect with a Pink 360 controller, if I can find it. I just Got a pink ps3 one for my Fiancee. Anyone seen any deals for a Pink Controller.

[quote name='frpilot']same, but i already have so many batteries and at this point i don't mind for pink. maybe i can switch housings if my existing batteries go dead.[/QUOTE]
How?

[quote name='Greatwhitecoley']Ha, these will go perfect with a Pink 360 controller, if I can find it. I just Got a pink ps3 one for my Fiancee. Anyone seen any deals for a Pink Controller.[/QUOTE]

I ended up getting mine from Amazon because I was tired of hunting it down :( It ended up costing $58 but it was fulfilled by Amazon. They may still have some left.

These things keep popping up. Makes me wonder why they were so overproduced compared to the number of pink controllers that were sold.

[quote name='kirby145']How?[/QUOTE]

i don't know. just wondering if i could

[quote name='DJP519']These things keep popping up. Makes me wonder why they were so overproduced compared to the number of pink controllers that were sold.[/QUOTE]

i didn't know they made pink xbox controllers.

Sounds good to me. I dont care what color the battery pack is as long as it works. Now that I got this and my 4X Wii Induuction charger I wont ever need batteries for controllers :)

Just a heads up, I purchased a 2-pack of the blue battery packs a few months ago on a similar deal, also fulfilled by GameRush. Both batteries were dead and would not take a charge (possibly due to them being manufactured a long time ago?) I'm not sure the reason, but either way I tried to get my money back and was told they would refund me. That never happened and they stopped responding to my emails. Maybe I just got a bad set. Maybe. . .

If you didnt get refunded you needed to contact buy.com support. Never had a issue with buy and they are always extremely fast with shipping and customer related issues. Even if one of their sellers doesnt hold up their end buy.com will take care of it and refund you.

[quote name='Darknuke']man... if these were any other color I'd buy them...[/QUOTE]

Oh, be a man!

[quote name='frpilot']
i didn't know they made pink xbox controllers.[/QUOTE]

It was a fairly limited run, but yeah, they made pink and blue controllers:

http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-Wire...DON6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1291181725&sr=8-1

[quote name='notfromtexas']I bought the Red Controller brand new when it came out and it never did keep a charge[/QUOTE]

Just a tip, if you have a completely drained battery that won't take a charge with a plug-and-charge cable, try the Quick Charge table charger instead. It works much better. Brought my red battery back to life.

[quote name='DJP519']
Just a tip, if you have a completely drained battery that won't take a charge with a plug-and-charge cable, try the Quick Charge table charger instead. It works much better. Brought my red battery back to life.[/QUOTE]

how is that possible?

[quote name='frpilot']how is that possible?[/QUOTE]

like a completely drained ipod that whines for a wall-charger to come back to life. Simply put you get more power from an AC adapter charging unit than via USB.

Yeah I'm still using the blue pair I got from them a while back. If I recall, one of them I had to remove/re-insert the battery a few times at first to "wake it up" enough to get a full first charge.

I haven't really seen the Quick Charge kit/outlet table charger anymore. I wish Microsoft would re-release the Blue, Pink, and Red controllers with the new D-pad.

Come on... If the NFL could play the other month in various pink items for breast cancer awareness month, I think a battery pack isn't so bad. You bring over a chick amd mention that, I think you would get brownie points.

[quote name='Envel']So these are the rechargable ones?[/QUOTE]
Yes, as long as you have either a charge and play cable or a quick charge station.

[quote name='jeebert']Just a heads up, I purchased a 2-pack of the blue battery packs a few months ago on a similar deal, also fulfilled by GameRush. Both batteries were dead and would not take a charge (possibly due to them being manufactured a long time ago?) I'm not sure the reason, but either way I tried to get my money back and was told they would refund me. That never happened and they stopped responding to my emails. Maybe I just got a bad set. Maybe. . .[/QUOTE]

I had the same thing happen! I tend to avoid buy.com cause there support is so bad. They just have no clue what they are doing in india to help me. I usually have to call them 5 or more times in a row so i can reach someone i can understand well enough. The are nice to you but man they really do not have a clue. They told me many times they would look into it and refund me but nothing. I waited to long for my bank to let me file a claim. The place selling these never responded at all so i had to try buy support. The deals can be hot on buy but if there is a issue good luck you will need it.

I also bought a pink battery pack for my daughter's pink controller, about 6 months ago, on Ebay. I paid twice the price I did just for one. Thanx OP. Though the ones I did recieve were dead I decided to keep them and just mod them with another set of recharables because these were so hard to find at that price.

[quote name='FNL 4EVA']I had the same thing happen! I tend to avoid buy.com cause there support is so bad. They just have no clue what they are doing in india to help me. I usually have to call them 5 or more times in a row so i can reach someone i can understand well enough. The are nice to you but man they really do not have a clue. They told me many times they would look into it and refund me but nothing. I waited to long for my bank to let me file a claim. The place selling these never responded at all so i had to try buy support. The deals can be hot on buy but if there is a issue good luck you will need it.[/QUOTE]

I had a pack of the blue ones that would completely not work too and were tested on several new controllers and a new charge cable. They let me return them though, might have been straight through buy.com. I went with rechargeable AAs and haven't looked back. No cords, no short life, always have a set charged plus they can be used for other things like cameras, flashlights, Christmas decorations, and clocks. Why buy a charge cable or clunky charging station? Sanyo Eneloops are godly and can be bought in a cheap 8AA/4AAA + smart charger pack- $20 or 30 at Costco and $31 at Amazon FSSS right now. I took these to a 2 week Hawaii vacation last April on the advice of other CAGs and took about 3600 pictures and they were amazing plus they were the older model (the white ones). The batteries are extremely high quality and long life, low discharge, and are made in japan, not china- read up on them. Support the good stuff, not trash.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='notfromtexas']You had the same problem with your red controller??[/QUOTE]

I had trouble getting a good charge on my red battery, although at first, it would get at least a partial charge. Tried it in multiple controllers, using two diferent play-and-charge cables. Finally, one time, it just wouldn't charge at all. The light would go immediately to green, indicating it was done charging, but if I unplugged the cable, the controller would die almost instantly. I bought a quick charge instead, and it worked much, much better. Much more consistant. Maybe it's the full AC 120v power as opposed to the low-dose USB trickle charge, but it flat out works better in my experience than the cables.

Bought a 2-pack. For $9.50, I'll try 'em. I only wish I had a couple pink controllers to go with them. I've been using the MS rechargeable packs for years and I'm only just now having a set or two die out on me. We have about 2 dozen Eneloops bouncing around the house, but my wife always seems to grab them for her camera/mouse/whatever right when I need them. These are just easier and I always have two extras sitting on the charger, ready to swap out.

Thanks OP!

[quote name='mikejenks']Be a man, spend 15 seconds and spraypaint them.[/QUOTE]

not a bad idea except i don't own spraypaint and it would be more expensive to buy a can of spraypaint than just buying a 2 pack of white/black/blue ones (whichever is next cheapest).

And I'm a stickler for color matching. I don't want pink batteries in my black or white controllers. I have white rechargeables for my white, and black for my black controllers ;)

[quote name='Darknuke']not a bad idea except i don't own spraypaint and it would be more expensive to buy a can of spraypaint than just buying a 2 pack of white/black/blue ones (whichever is next cheapest).

And I'm a stickler for color matching. I don't want pink batteries in my black or white controllers. I have white rechargeables for my white, and black for my black controllers ;)[/QUOTE]
http://www.instructables.com/id/Xbox-360-Rechargeable-Battery-Pack-Tear-down/

[quote name='hollowfreak']So did any of you with problems try contacting Microsoft? Afterall it is their product, and you had a recent proof of purchase.[/QUOTE]

I called and they said i should return them to the place i bought them from. They said since it was not a retailer that sold the items but a 3rd party they would not. They said even if they took it to replace it i would be paying more then what i paid.

[quote name='Greatwhitecoley']Ha, these will go perfect with a Pink 360 controller, if I can find it. I just Got a pink ps3 one for my Fiancee. Anyone seen any deals for a Pink Controller.[/QUOTE]

The pink controllers were clearanced out of stores around March 09, when I was able to pick one up at Target for $30 (sold on Half.com for $70). Try eBay, that's where I found the used pink one my g/f plays with.

Thanks OP, just picked up a pair. I dont discriminate on color ;). I just hope they hold a charge, Im a bit reluctant due to some other users horror stories.

[quote name='Dr Cliff Huxtable']Thanks OP, just picked up a pair. I dont discriminate on color ;). I just hope they hold a charge, Im a bit reluctant due to some other users horror stories.[/QUOTE]

I'm prepared to drop a chargeback on them if necessary. Never had any trouble doing so with stuff like this in the past.

I wouldnt recommend picking these up. They're still on sale, but I just received mine and they wont hold a charge. Previous posts warn of this, and it's absolutely true. Again, STAY AWAY from this deal, there's a good chance you'll get defective batteries.

Only tried one of mine but it works fine too. Lasts as long as any I've used. If it won't charge, you might try removing the battery for a few seconds and re-inserting it a few times to see if it wakes it up.

bread's done
Back