Xbox 360 Black Wireless Headset $29.99 at Amazon

I love the wireless headset, just because it's a pain in the ass to walk around the house with a controller while you're talking to friends and for me, I like the freedom of being able to do other stuff while having conversations with my friends. Great deal if you need/want one.

I went through two regular headsets before getting this. It's been a sanity saver.

[quote name='Remmykins']Anyone who wears glasses know if they are comfortable to wear at the same time?[/QUOTE]

It can be uncomfortable after an extended period of time, but it seems to happen on and off for me.

[quote name='Brenex']Saw this posted in the other thread, anyone have it and can comment on its quality?[/QUOTE]

I have the Halo 3 headset and it has never given me any trouble. I am pretty sure it's just a different color. It does take a while to charge tho.

[quote name='Remmykins']Anyone who wears glasses know if they are comfortable to wear at the same time?[/QUOTE]

I wear glasses and have had no real problems with the wireless headsets, although I change which ear I wear it on every couple of hours. The sound is a bit tinny compared to the normal headset and with a wireless router, controller, laptop and phone in the same room it occasionally cuts out for a second or two, but they are much better IMO than the newer wired headsets that have the little plug at the end instead of the old puck, both in quality of sound and build. I'm going to pick up a second one with this deal though because my old one's battery runs out after about 4-5 hours and sometimes that's just not long enough.

Naw - I would stay away from this. They BREAK. Mine just broke and if you google it you will see that they just break down. I only had mine for a year and it is no good.

It was very uncomfortable for me while wearing glasses. This is the reason I returned the one I bought on Black Friday.

I own this but truth be told I hardly ever use it. I find it uncomfortable and would much rather wear the wired one.

I do like to use it when I wear headphones. I just stick it under the headphone ear piece without using the ear loop.

I've been lookin for a good deal on this forever and I was all set to get one but now I wanna get a gaming headset like turtle beach or triton...

The Halo Reach one picks up less background noise than this model. But they are way better than the basic wired headset from Microsoft. This is the best price I have seen for a wireless headset in awhile, if you're on the fence I would say go for it. They can get uncomfortable after extended use (a few hours) and sometimes do temporarily lose connection but it automatically reconnects.

[quote name='Lugi']Naw - I would stay away from this. They BREAK. Mine just broke and if you google it you will see that they just break down. I only had mine for a year and it is no good.[/QUOTE]

That sucks that it had only lasted a year, I had thought that Microsoft also had warranties on their accessories too... ? I had mine since about the time that they had come out and it had only recently stopped charging. I think the two newer models (Halo Reach and Black) may have be made a little better. Both roommates have these two and both headsets also sounded better than mine did.

Anyway, I have thirty dollars credit and some of it is about to expire so I picked one of these up last night. Hopefully it lasts as long as my old headset and if it breaks down I may have to splurge on an Astro A40.

[quote name='Lugi']Naw - I would stay away from this. They BREAK. Mine just broke and if you google it you will see that they just break down. I only had mine for a year and it is no good.[/QUOTE]

I bought a white one one year into owning my 360, which was 2007: 3-4 years later and it's still going strong. I use it pretty much every day and it still holds a charge for several hours every charge. I've been truly amazed at the resiliency of this headset, so unless they drastically reduced the build quality on these guys since the switch from white to black, I recommend it. I also find it extremely comfortable, and ofter wear it for 3-4 hours at a time.

The problems I do have with it is when leaving a room, sometimes when it reconnects it make a loud buzzing sound into the other players ears (when in a party), and kills voice and sound, so you can't tell that it's causing any problem (which does suck) and sometimes it refuses to reconnect altogether, until you power cycle the 360.

I'm looking at buying a new one only because the foam over the earpiece is getting gross and is starting to rip from old age. I really hope this new one is as good as the old one, but I may go for the Halo Reach one as a few of you mentioned.

[quote name='John187']Damn, you were almost my savior. Need a large for my big ears :([/QUOTE]

I might have an extra one soon.

bread's done
Back