xbox 360 compatible flash drive

I was under the impression that you could use any flash drive? I thought you could just plug it into the Xbox 360 then format it for use. I've done it with 2 random flash drives I had laying around already. For reference, the flash drives I've used were both SanDisk Cruzers.

I highly suggest this:

Buy.com, $17.95 w/free shipping
8gb Class 4 Micro SDHC with USB adapter and SD adapter.

Plug it into the back USB port and you don't even know it's there. It works great as official dedicated 360 system storage or for simply loading up tons of MP3s to always have alternate music tracks without linking to your PC or iPod.

[quote name='Kerig']I highly suggest this:

Buy.com, $17.95 w/free shipping
8gb Class 4 Micro SDHC with USB adapter and SD adapter.

Plug it into the back USB port and you don't even know it's there. It works great as official dedicated 360 system storage or for simply loading up tons of MP3s to always have alternate music tracks without linking to your PC or iPod.[/QUOTE]

That is an awesome idea. Have you tried anything bigger than 8GB?

Just bought a 16gb usb2.0 flash pen from eBay for $14 shipped, the seller had a ton of them, most of his completed auctions were going for $12 to $15, all 16gb. Try there.

[quote name='praxus07']Just bought a 16gb usb2.0 flash pen from eBay for $14 shipped, the seller had a ton of them, most of his completed auctions were going for $12 to $15, all 16gb. Try there.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't trust that chinese junk.

When I was going to buy my flash drive I found a CAG thread about that very topic. People were trying a bunch of different flash drives and some people got speed warnings and some didn't work at all. Although not cheap at 44 bucks (there is a 10 dollar mail in rebate, so if you do that its 34 bucks), I ended up going with a Patriot Xporter XT Boost 16gb off of Amazon. Its worked flawlessly and even comes with a small extension cable (about 1 foot long).

Heres the cag thread if you want to read it a bit.
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=257711

[quote name='atomsk']I wouldn't trust that chinese junk.[/QUOTE]

It's all I could afford. I could have gotten another 4gb for $10 at the local store, which IMHO is a complete rip off, or I could try the 16gb import. Went with the import.

bread's done
Back