Xbox 360 Console 20GB (New) $149 AR at FYE/Sam Goody (YMMV)

sharpedge

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Sam Goody and FYE both have Xbox 360 20GB consoles for $149 after a $100 mail in rebate. I called the FYE at the Burlington Mall just North of Boston and they have 10 left at that price, and they confirmed the mail in rebate.

Cash register receipt must be dated 10/15/08-11/04/08

Mail in rebate must be postmarked by 12/04/08

Rebate form also states that any Rebate more than $19.99 will be provided in the form of a Visa prepaid card. So I'll get a $100 Visa card rather than a check, which doesn't make any difference to me.

Thanks to ViperBlue at SD :) I'm not sure if it's the Pro or Premium model, but he confirmed it had HDMI.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just checked my local FYE in Jersey City, NJ, and they're not running it. I wonder if this is a purely local thing. If so, I'm going to tap fam in Boston and see if they'll hook a brother up.

OP, you might want to throw a YMMV in your title. Not only does it seem that some stores are doing this and others aren't, but there are some FYE stores that don't even sell video games anymore (like mine :cry:).

[quote name='Punky']I just checked my local FYE in Jersey City, NJ, and they're not running it. I wonder if this is a purely local thing. If so, I'm going to tap fam in Boston and see if they'll hook a brother up.[/quote]

They had the 20GB's in stock but weren't running the rebate? Did they check their rebate list? People at SD confirmed the same deal in MI and GA, so I doubt it's regional.

I've asked the guy who bought one at Sam Goodys to scan the rebate form, maybe that will help.

Looking at www.fyerebates.com, you can see what offers are currently available and when they are good for (click on the pre-submit your rebate button). Now I don't know what the System 0807 means exactly , but there is a $100 offer of some kind out there .

You searched for: XB360-SYSTEM 0807 > 10282008 > FYE
1 of 1 Promotions Found

Product: XB360-System 0807
Promotion: Up to $100 Visa Prepaid Card With Purchase of Select Home Entertainment at Participating Retailers
Valid Purchase Dates: 10-15-2008 through 11-04-2008
Postmarked By: 12-04-2008
Rebate Reward: $100.00 Prepaid Debit Card

Thanks K_G. So it does look like their rebates are national, regardless of what a store says, only problem is you need the store to give you the rebate form.

[quote name='sharpedge']Thanks K_G. So it does look like their rebates are national, regardless of what a store says, only problem is you need the store to give you the rebate form.[/quote]

You don't need the rebate form since you can get one online.

[quote name='twinton']What fulfillment company is processing the rebate?[/quote]

From someone at SD:

Trans World Entertainment
Dept. 08-36599
PO Box 540009
EL PASO, TX 88554-0009

Just called. They say its $30 off of Arcade, $50 off of 20 GB model,and $100 off elite. The 20GB is showing as $249.99($199.99), Arcade $199.99($169.99) and Elite $399.99($299.99). But the FYE is lazy and is keen on keeping deals from peoples hands. I once asked them to ring up a Portable DVD player to verify rebate, after it didnt print, they tried to refuse the refund, saying electronics are non-refundable, even though I told the manager, as he was ringing it up, that I just wanted to see if the rebate printed,and if it didnt I didnt want the Portable DVD player. Maybe its YMMV?

I would try it, but dont want to argue to get a refund.

Wow, these Xbox 360s are getting down into the PS2 range. What the hell is taking Sony so long to drop the PS2 to $99? Its been 8 fricken' years people! I think you got your money out of the hardware by now.

[quote name='romodome']Just called. They say its $30 off of Arcade, $50 off of 20 GB model,and $100 off elite. The 20GB is showing as $249.99($199.99), Arcade $199.99($169.99) and Elite $399.99($299.99). But the FYE is lazy and is keen on keeping deals from peoples hands. I once asked them to ring up a Portable DVD player to verify rebate, after it didnt print, they tried to refuse the refund, saying electronics are non-refundable, even though I told the manager, as he was ringing it up, that I just wanted to see if the rebate printed,and if it didnt I didnt want the Portable DVD player. Maybe its YMMV?

I would try it, but dont want to argue to get a refund.[/quote]

Just called a FYE, manager said he rang up one 20GB this morning with a $50 rebate coming out. Ok, I thought, it might be regional deal. I went ahead call another FYE store in the same district, they have the deal on. Call back the first store and told what I got from the other store. He looked it up and indeed found the $100 rebate. Went there and out with a 20GB for $167 after $100 rebate. The manger kept on telling it is so wwwweird!!!! Awesome price a 20GB HD with falcon chip and hdmi port. Nice job, FYE. Keep it up!!!

[quote name='chior']Just called a FYE, manager said he rang up one 20GB this morning with a $50 rebate coming out. Ok, I thought, it might be regional deal. I went ahead call another FYE store in the same district, they have the deal on. Call back the first store and told what I got from the other store. He looked it up and indeed found the $100 rebate. Went there and out with a 20GB for $167 after $100 rebate. The manger kept on telling it is so wwwweird!!!! Awesome price a 20GB HD with falcon chip and hdmi port. Nice job, FYE. Keep it up!!![/quote]

Just curious. How can you tell it's the falcon chip without opening the package?

[quote name='ooga']Just curious. How can you tell it's the falcon chip without opening the package?[/quote]
just look for the 175w power brick, because everything prior to the Falcon came with a 203w power brick...

So tempting! I want Dead Rising and Left 4 Dead so bad!!! Does FYE sell extended warranties? If so, are they decent and price? I can try calling them too to find that info later.

For anyone thinking about buying one from FYE, I saw something else posted at SD today that will make it an even better deal. They currently have a deal where for every $40 gift card you buy they give you a $10 'bonus card' that can be used to buy anything between 11/6 and 11/26.

So, you buy 6 x $40 gift cards and put them towards the 360, then in November you have $60 in free bonus cards to use on anything else (extra controller, game, cds, etc)

I just called my local FYE and they confirmed it. I don't have a copy of the actual ad, but here's last years - only difference is that this year you only have to buy a $40 gift card to get the $10 bonus card.

fyesv1.jpg

[quote name='Needles-Kane']So tempting! I want Dead Rising and Left 4 Dead so bad!!! Does FYE sell extended warranties? If so, are they decent and price? I can try calling them too to find that info later.[/quote]

The extended warranty for fye is 2 years for $30 extra.

[quote name='kingsoby1']Just got mine today... 250$ premium with 100$ MIR :)

Thanks OP... btw, found it at Mall of America in MN[/quote]

Any left at the MOA?

didn't seem like anyone was really taking advantage. the employess didn't really know about it either. give them a call before you head over.

One of my friends went to FYE to buy one. He tried to take advantage of the buy $40 get $10 GC promotion. The FYE salesperson was full of crap, she told my friend thatonly the buy $30 get $5 back is valid now and he can use only one GC per transaction cause my friend wants to buy 9 $30 GCs to pay for the console and get $45 back. My friend just did not want to waste his own time to argue with her and bought the console using CC. It is amazing to see how stupid a FYE salesperson can be. one GC per transaction???? you would think she could come up with better idea than that!!!!

If they let me buy a bunch of GCs and use the $40 GCs right away I don't think I can shake my temptation when it is that cheap. From the above post, I probably shouldn't get my hopes up. I wonder if it would interfere with the rebate too.

I guess I would buy 7 cards since I would buy an extended warranty- I don't trust 360 hardware at all. I just have to find out if it is 2 years from date of purchase or when the manufacturer's warranty is out. Also kind of worried about the store still existing in my area for the next 3 years.

Just pick up my second xbox 360. I bought this at FYE today in dallas/Ft worth store. I purchased 7 40$ gift cards and bought my 20 GB 360. I received 7 10 gift cards that may be used in Nov. Heres the rub, on the 10 gift cards it states "Only one may be used per transaction" dont know how picky they will be about this, but the 100 rebate printed off fine. I wish they had the hoilday bundles with this, but beggers cant be choosers.

[quote name='Needles-Kane']If they let me buy a bunch of GCs and use the $40 GCs right away I don't think I can shake my temptation when it is that cheap. From the above post, I probably shouldn't get my hopes up. I wonder if it would interfere with the rebate too.

I guess I would buy 7 cards since I would buy an extended warranty- I don't trust 360 hardware at all. I just have to find out if it is 2 years from date of purchase or when the manufacturer's warranty is out. Also kind of worried about the store still existing in my area for the next 3 years.[/quote]
fye EXTENTDED WARRANTY not so good. 2 yr for $30.(started from your purchase date!) It is administered by banker warranty group, not by FYE. The term says it only covers the hardware failure for one time. It will issue you a GC for equal value-purchase price(tax is excluded!!). If your item goes wrong the second time, no coverage. Go figure. :roll:

A couple of people at SD (in NY and NJ) were able to get the holiday bundle games (Kung Fu Panda & Lego Indy) included with the console at no extra cost.

They didn't have any at my store, however I picked up a 360 arcade which was supposed to come with a $30 rebate.

However, they couldn't get the rebate form to print so they gave me some generic forms that were missing a bunch of stuff that was required.

So, does anyone have the $30 rebate form for the 360 arcade that I can print out?

Also, they didn't mention anything about the games, guess I'll have to go back tomorrow.

[quote name='chior']One of my friends went to FYE to buy one. He tried to take advantage of the buy $40 get $10 GC promotion. The FYE salesperson was full of crap, she told my friend thatonly the buy $30 get $5 back is valid now and he can use only one GC per transaction cause my friend wants to buy 9 $30 GCs to pay for the console and get $45 back. My friend just did not want to waste his own time to argue with her and bought the console using CC. It is amazing to see how stupid a FYE salesperson can be. one GC per transaction???? you would think she could come up with better idea than that!!!![/quote]

It won't work the way you probably think.
1)The bonus $5 or $10 cards (they are not actually gift cards but rather more like a paper coupon) can't be used until sometime in Nov after the rebate has expired
2) the bonus cards clearly state only one can be used per transaction. So if you have a bunch of DVDs you are thinking of buying, it will work...if you are thinking you can pile them up to get a free $60 game, it won't

So you can try to get a bunch, but you'll only be able to use one at a time
You get $10 card if you buy a giftcard $40 or over but is also possible they have run out the $10 cards

I just picked up a 20gb xbox 360 pro, but the label doesn't say anything about the power brick like that link you posted, manthing...

It just basically has (I would take a picture, but camera sucks):
Barcode
B4J-00107
Barcode
TEAM: FDOU
Xbox 360 SYSTEM EN/ES US HDWR NTSC
Console, Headset, Game pad: Made in China
Hard Disk Drive: Made in Korea, Thailand, Singapore, or China

LOT NO: 0816
Barcode
W0
Barcode
UPC (88224380751)

FOR DISTRIBUTION IN EN/ES US

Edit: i also have the serial number...is there a place that tells me what motherboard it has?

[quote name='yuy104']I just picked up a 20gb xbox 360 pro, but the label doesn't say anything about the power brick like that link you posted, manthing...

It just basically has (I would take a picture, but camera sucks):
Barcode
B4J-00107
Barcode
TEAM: FDOU
Xbox 360 SYSTEM EN/ES US HDWR NTSC
Console, Headset, Game pad: Made in China
Hard Disk Drive: Made in Korea, Thailand, Singapore, or China

LOT NO: 0816
Barcode
W0
Barcode
UPC (88224380751)

FOR DISTRIBUTION IN EN/ES US

Edit: i also have the serial number...is there a place that tells me what motherboard it has?[/QUOTE]

Yours is very likely to be a Falcon, because most of the unknown or uncertain ones were made earlier in prior to 2008 and very early 2008. Your is made in April of 2008 hence the 0816 (the 16th week of 2008). In addition team FDOU was the first to report a Falcon console. The later packages stopped printing the powers supply rating on the sticker to probably stop people from being selective. Once you open it, just look at the power supply. No real other way to tell.

[quote name='yuy104']where do you look for the power brick on the packaging?[/quote]
you won't see anything about the power brick on the packaging, you have to actually take it out the box and look at the label on the bottom of it, and it will say either 203w or 175w. basically, if it came packaged with Ultimate Alliance and Forza 2, than the chances are high that it's NOT a Falcon, because those systems are well over a year old. if it says Go Pro on the front of the box, and didn't come packages with those 2 games, than it should be a Falcon...

or you could just look at the date of manufacture, which is on the label that's on the system, that should be visible without opening the box...

it was made in 04.08, it's a Falcon...

but to feel safe, look at the label on the bottom of the power brick, it should say 175w...

[quote name='jmiller']Just pick up my second xbox 360. I bought this at FYE today in dallas/Ft worth store. I purchased 7 40$ gift cards and bought my 20 GB 360. I received 7 10 gift cards that may be used in Nov. Heres the rub, on the 10 gift cards it states "Only one may be used per transaction" dont know how picky they will be about this, but the 100 rebate printed off fine. I wish they had the hoilday bundles with this, but beggers cant be choosers.[/quote]
I'm going back to return today and do this. Will report after lunch. I'm also going to try getting the holiday bundle games included (kung fu panda/ lego indy)

The x7 GCs works well for me, b/c I like to buy cds and dvds for xmas gifts.

wow, if you can get them to throw in the lego indy/ kung fu panda games, you can get the whole shabang for a net of 66$-ish, if you flip them. even without that, this is an outrageously good deal.

I got it, in Miami Dolphin mall. I think it was the last one with 100 Dollar Rebate.

They came up with some BS, that I had to buy 2 games or accs used or new. But I was going to buy Midnight club anyways , and pre-order GOW2 :D

I just went back and returned the one with rebate i got yesterday. They did the 7x40$ GC thing with no problem, and I walked out with my 264$ 360 along with 16$ remaining on a GC and 7x10$ GCs that are useable in November.

They made sure to stress that you may only use one 10$ GC per purchase, which is fine for me... 16$ left on the other + a 10$ GC means 26$ off Fallout 3 and a 110$ XBox 360... along with 6x10$ GCs to buy everyone cds/dvds for xmas :)

I couldn't get the holiday bundle games... they had 300$ holiday bundle 360s available with a 50$ rebate.

Just did the return and rebuy for the 7 $10 bonus card deal. Manager initially did not want to do it for me. Anyway, I got the 7 $10 bonus card. Not too bad. Do I need the play and charge kit later using the $10 bonus card. I might get an extra wireless battery. Great deal!!

[quote name='romodome']Just called. They say its $30 off of Arcade, $50 off of 20 GB model,and $100 off elite. The 20GB is showing as $249.99($199.99), Arcade $199.99($169.99) and Elite $399.99($299.99). But the FYE is lazy and is keen on keeping deals from peoples hands. I once asked them to ring up a Portable DVD player to verify rebate, after it didnt print, they tried to refuse the refund, saying electronics are non-refundable, even though I told the manager, as he was ringing it up, that I just wanted to see if the rebate printed,and if it didnt I didnt want the Portable DVD player. Maybe its YMMV?

I would try it, but dont want to argue to get a refund.[/QUOTE]

I was wrong. Got the system for $270.00, they made be buy two games (two cheap GC games, $8.00) and I did the Gift card thing to get $70.00 bonus dollars but no go on the free Kung Fu Panda/lego combo disc. They said its only inbox and denied having them. This is the FYE in Horton Plaza downtown San Diego, and they said it was the last one. Thanks OP!

bread's done
Back