Xbox 360 Controller... kinda clueless here

RabbitSuit

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
I'm looking to finally pick up a second 360 controller. Not certain if I want to go with the wired route or stick to another wireless. I don't play PC with controllers, so that should factor in.

Looking them up I was wondering if certain official controllers were rated differently performance wise. Then there's 3rd party controllers like Madcatz, and Razers.. and offical ones with swaped out D-pads.

Yeah, I don't quite know what to get. Should I just stick to aesthetics here and get one that simply matches my system? Or is there a higher performing model/cheap model somewhere that I just must go for?

Can't comment on xbox but ...on ps3, most of the third party controllers have issues of some sort. input lag, loose joysticks, shortened battery life. I personally always stick to first party controllers

Buy a first party wireless one, If you want a limited one (halo/reach/gears/cod) they are the same but with minor aesthetics differences (I know the gears controllers have a slick paint job, feels better IMO).

I would avoid 3rd party controllers. They usually have hard sticks and wobbly buttons.

Get one of the new black wireless controllers. They look nice, have a nifty chrome dashboard button in te middle, and just feel really nice in my hand when playing.

I guess you could fork down an extra 10 or 20 bucks and get one with a transforming D-pad. Never used one myself, but if you are into fighting games like the Street Fighter series then you may find some value in it...and its just kind of cool. :p

-whistles- Thanks for the quick responses, folks.

[quote name='ShadowSx']Buy a first party wireless one, If you want a limited one (halo/reach/gears/cod) they are the same but with minor aesthetics differences (I know the gears controllers have a slick paint job, feels better IMO).[/QUOTE]

It's not that I want to go for a limited one. It's just that with fight sticks, they all seem to use different parts depending on the edition you get, even if its made by the same company. If there's no difference, I'm good with a basic-black.

[quote name='mrspicytacoman']http://www.amazon.com/Razer-Onza-to...U0W2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1326780156&sr=8-1[/QUOTE]

Dang, still confused. Is the Razer one above an exception to the 3rd party thing, or are they just as bad? Are used ones good as well (official and nonofficial)? I wouldn't mind shaving off 20bucks there.

[quote name='RedRingOfDeath']Get one of the new black wireless controllers. They look nice, have a nifty chrome dashboard button in te middle, and just feel really nice in my hand when playing.

I guess you could fork down an extra 10 or 20 bucks and get one with a transforming D-pad. Never used one myself, but if you are into fighting games like the Street Fighter series then you may find some value in it...and its just kind of cool. :razz:[/QUOTE]

Mhm, I think I'll have to shoot for a wireless with a transforming D-pad if the Razer one isn't any good. Thanks.

I don't even bother with any controller that is not first party. The extra 10 bucks or whatever makes up for it with generally superior performance.

I have a few in very mint shape that I would sell for a good price.

PM me if anyone is interested, I have both official ones and a couple of third party ones. I usually don't carry the 3rd party ones as I avoid using them myself. :p

I prefer first party wireless. Modded ones maybe nice for COD or something, but meh.

I have all white as they were free from club.bing/bing shopping rewards. I had some various colors, but traded/sold them all as they fetch a little more. The different colors are probably nice if you have friends over, etc. but eh.

And a side note... the nyko wireless charger, which is like $20 on sale is an absolute beast for keeping two charged. I swear the thing has the equivalent of a cordless phone battery in it.

Appreciate the offer there, especially at your pricing J Rokk, but I've got credit at places I'd like to burn through first.

And wow, darn shame I had no idea about that Club Bing thing (just used your referral though). I'm not really up for a wireless charger though. I just have a stock of rechargable batteries and I'm set with those.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back