Xbox 360 Controllers (Black/White) $30 (Red/Black w/Play & Charge) $40 at Amazon

[quote name='porieux']Do these have improved D-pads yet?[/QUOTE]

They look the same as they did at launch...

nice post op.
151l1259.jpg

This is bad. The black and white 360 controllers are always on sale. It seems every week I see them for cheap. Its like pulling teeth trying to find the red controller for cheap. It doesn't help that its bundled with a play & charge kit. I just wanna get another matching controller without having to pay an arm and a leg for one.

[quote name='hypertails02']:( aw dam I just bought a 2nd Xbox controller. I would have loved the red one...[/QUOTE]

Don't get the red one, the thumbsticks squeak like all hell, and will drive you insane.

~HotShotX

[quote name='HotShotX']Don't get the red one, the thumbsticks squeak like all hell, and will drive you insane.

~HotShotX[/QUOTE]
Is this with the RE5 controllers or the ones here? How many controllers have you used that squeak? Do others have the same problem?

Sheesh, the $30 and $40 price points have been going off and on for a couple weeks now. Just keep watching it. I think now and then Microsoft sends them a shipment that they are willing to sell at the low price, and once that shipments sells out, the price goes up again.

The ECA discount works too on the standard Black and White controllers ($27), and the Black Play & Charge ($36). The ECA discount does not work on the Red Play & Charge which seems maybe like it will not be discounted again since it went back up to $65 instead of $48.

I picked up one of these red controllers for my red 360. I have never had a problem with squeaking. Just a heads up. I rather like mine. Originally I was hesitant on the red but its really grown on me.

it's at 47.99 right now 8 bucks more but still not that bad.. to bad I just bought one from BB for 34.99 without the charge.. blah

[quote name='HotShotX']Don't get the red one, the thumbsticks squeak like all hell, and will drive you insane.

~HotShotX[/QUOTE]
Well this is a new concern and worth a bump of the ol' thread in curiosity...
Let us know which red controller (RE5/Play&Charge) please!

[quote name='iRent']They look the same as they did at launch...[/QUOTE]

Supposedly the red one has an 'improved' D-Pad but I have not tried it.
I assume, if it is actually better, at some point it will migrate to the full line.

I love the 360 controller but clearly they dropped the ball on the D-Pad.

[quote name='Doomed']Is this with the RE5 controllers or the ones here? How many controllers have you used that squeak? Do others have the same problem?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='hypertails02']Well this is a new concern and worth a bump of the ol' thread in curiosity...
Let us know which red controller (RE5/Play&Charge) please![/QUOTE]

This is with the Red P&C controller. Looking up the issue online, it seems to be very widespread, with some consumers making a return to the store 3-5 times before getting a red controller that did not squeak.

Methods for fixing the issue itself involve opening the controller and sanding down the joystick, or injecting lubricants into the thumb stick cavity, neither of which particularly appeal to me.

Honestly, I recommend avoiding them, the issue supposedly lies in the manufacturer / manufacturing process, so I it's hard to say if/when that'll ever change.

~HotShotX

I have a red controller and it squeaked but it wasn't a big problem but with numerous new batteries and p&c cables, the controller won't charge the battery at all which sucks.

~HotShotX[/QUOTE]

My red one has never squeaked

The black Play & Charge is currently at $45 (ECA $40.50); not too bad, but it may go to $40 again.

Like I said, the Amazon prices (and other store prices too) on these have been bouncing around like crazy the past couple weeks.

bread's done
Back