Xbox 360 Core $203.96 at Sears Grand

toastman91

CAG Veteran
I was at Sears grand and was surpised to find their xbox 360 core systems "reduced" to $203.96. I dont know if this is in my store only but its worth checking into. They also had the xbox live 3 month bundles for $10

Depends on what MS wants for replacement cost. I'm going to get the extended warranty when my year is almost up anyway

I spoke to a rep on Saturday and he said 150.00 for repairs..and if the repair couldnt be made I would get a refurbished console in its place...so yeah..150 for a repair or refurbised or 203 for a new one. Hmm.

[quote name='HotShotX']Also, bear in mind that Costco's have a $50/year membership fee. So, unless your a frequent Costco buyer yourself, you may want to find someone else you can shovel the money to and have them buy it in your stead, and save the receipt.

Getting a Costco membership for this alone seems counterproductive, unless they honor the warranty after your membership expires, and you don't renew.

~HotShotX[/quote]
I already have a Costco membership, and I plan to buy my 360 there when the units with new processors ship. Sonderiaom, a CAG who works at Costco, has confirmed that consoles are still covered by the unlimited return policy. And like cindaddy said, even if the policy changes items purchased before the change are covered by the old policy.

Still, $203 for a core is a really good price, and I'd probably buy one if they weren't all sold out months ago locally. I called around when this was discussed weeks ago in the Sears clearance thread.

I posted this in the Sears clearance thread, but just to confirm for all y'alls -- yes, the Core system is clearanced. There may still be some at the Sears Essentials on Route 46 in NJ (not the Sears by Willowbrook Mall). I picked it up for $209.

[quote name='kaze0']Don't forget that AFAIK the cores don't come with any cables to get HD. So thats another ~$40 for an official cable.[/quote]

Or, if you get lucky, you can find them used at Gamestop for $4.99.

[quote name='screwkick']Or, if you get lucky, you can find them used at Gamestop for $4.99.[/quote]

9.99 actually, but still.

[quote name='PikaPichu']Oh I see. Thanks for clearing that up. Can that policy change at any time to limit videogame console 'support' to 2 years?[/quote]

As it was said before, the new return policy insituted on certain electronics items (TVs, Computers, Camcorders, Cameras, MP3 player) is 90 days and the manufacture's warrenty extended to 2 years.

This was instituted due to high returns/abuse in these catagories and was eating into Costo profits.

Although I have heard "lifetime" satafaction guarentee at some Costcos, others on this forum have said 2 years. So I guess it depends on your location.

BTW, videogame consoles are in the "toys and games" catagory on costco.com, and most likely in the B&M stores as well since consoles in the store are stocked near the toys.

Since game consoles in Costco's probably don't suffer the same amout of returns abuse as the other electronics, I don't see any problems happening with returning them.

bread's done
Back