xbox 360 core system for sale today at best buy?

thagoat

CAGiversary!
did anybody buy one? they had them available to add to the cart with an arrival date of 12/1/05-12/5/05. i hit the refresh button and it came back as "coming soon". they were gone in an instant.

yeah, it was weird. the only 360's available were the core packages. no premiums. my first attempt to get on that page was unsuccessful. they sent me to the"online shopping is unavailable page". this is what happened to me when i tried to buy one at cc.com on the friday before launch. i got back on the best buy site and the cores were available to add to the cart with an arrival date of 12/1-12/5.

[quote name='edallasplanet']I dont want a sucky core...forget it. I had a chance to get one at launch and I didn't want that disgusting core. I want a premium[/QUOTE]

I think I'll get the core and add the HD later considering all the premium defects.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']I think I'll get the core and add the HD later considering all the premium defects.[/QUOTE]
Yeh, I agree, kinda irritating hearing more and more defect stories on a daily basis. Micro$oft really rushed this one. Then again, I'll wait until I stop hearing anymore stories and then start looking for a deal. This is very similar to the original xbox shipping with crap dvd-drives and then the ones with Samsung drives rolling out, Micro$oft always trying to cut corners.

I know that everyone has been talking about the faulty systems, and I don't deny that there has been an issue, but let's keep in mind that as a rule, people generally only take time to complain. For those of us who have functioning systems, we're too busy playing to write notes (except when we are at work.... grrrrrr).

[quote name='Monsta Mack']I think I'll get the core and add the HD later considering all the premium defects.[/QUOTE]

The premium 360s are having more issues than the core ones?

[quote name='Irish']I know that everyone has been talking about the faulty systems, and I don't deny that there has been an issue, but let's keep in mind that as a rule, people generally only take time to complain. For those of us who have functioning systems, we're too busy playing to write notes (except when we are at work.... grrrrrr).[/QUOTE]

haha, so true...I wanna play right now bad...

The core console is exactly the same as the premium console. It's the accessories that make the difference, otherwise it's the exact same hardware, just with a HD and a wireless controller.

So it doesn't make sense that one has more problems than the other. Right?

Jeremy

Unless the premiums were made with a different drive, or the HD overheats and does something. I 'unno.

[quote name='jrutz']The core console is exactly the same as the premium console. It's the accessories that make the difference, otherwise it's the exact same hardware, just with a HD and a wireless controller.

So it doesn't make sense that one has more problems than the other. Right?

Jeremy[/QUOTE]

That's what I was thinking, how could one have more problems if its the same hardware. The only thing I could figure is poor quality control in the factory where the premiums are being built.

Most of the problems reported seem to be from the power brick overheating. So it doesn't matter which version of the console you get, since both are equally succeptable to getting a bad power supply.

Good job crashing the thread into that big oak off topic tree.

Anyway, I checked this morning at 8am and there was nothing available at 10 the Add to cart appeared on all core buncles and was unable to purchase any of them :(

bread's done
Back