Xbox 360 CORE USED - $189.99 - Gamestop

I would be interested in buying an Xbox 360 Premium used from gamestop. But does anyone know if the three year warranty will qualify for that model? I know that refurbished units get their warranty removed. This is why I would be more interested in a used one. Can anyone help me out with this?

[quote name='Endo83']I would be interested in buying an Xbox 360 Premium used from gamestop. But does anyone know if the three year warranty will qualify for that model? I know that refurbished units get their warranty removed. This is why I would be more interested in a used one. Can anyone help me out with this?[/quote]

I read that the Used units do not have the 3 year warranty.

Not a bad price, but the lack of a full warranty seems like it would be a death kneel for these older units. You'd have to be extremely lucky to get one that doesn't have any issues within that amount of time. Might need to get an extended Gamestop warranty to go along with it...any idea how much those are?

Actually, how does the warranty work for secondhand consoles? If you get one that isn't refurbished, say a pawn shop or you buy it from a friend, can you have the warranty changed to be in your name?

You can just buy an extended warranty directly from Microsoft. I think a one-year warranty is $29.00 last I checked.

thats what i bought today with a used 20 gb hd 59.99 and a free 29.99 or less game deal of the day sweet deal

enter 360U

i hope it works great

Damn, this is a tempting price for a current gen console but everytime I'm ready to buy, I keep imagining the "red ring of death".

If you get the 3 RRoD, just send the system in to get fixed. Do an EBAY search and there are plenty of sellers out there (with seemingly excellent results, according to their feedback) that can fix it for good. Anyone here try a service like this yet?

Since xbox 360 console is out for less than 3 years, I believe all consoles qualify for warranty till next year end.
When I got my 360 repaired for the rings of death, I wasn't asked about the proof of purchase- just the serial no. & date of manufacturing on console.

So I am sure you are well covered if you go for this

It's a better investment to wait for the nanometer chips with a better heat sink rather then taking a chance on current models. They will eventually break down sooner or later (mostly due to heat related problems)and have to undergo poor maintenance repairs at Mexico.If you system lasted a whole system cycle, your consider a "lucky one" according to microsoft.

I also want to know what extended warranties Gamestop offers with this and how much they cost. Anyone know?

[quote name='fatbeer']It's a better investment to wait for the nanometer chips [/quote]

as opposed to the current millimeter chips?

Well when I email MS about refubished or second hand consoles, they said all xboxs are covered under the new three year RRoD warranty. It might be true, or the rep might not really know, either way I wouldn't take the chance myself, even though it is tempting.

[quote name='Thongsy']Well when I email MS about refubished or second hand consoles, they said all xboxs are covered under the new three year RRoD warranty. It might be true, or the rep might not really know, either way I wouldn't take the chance myself, even though it is tempting.[/quote]
That would be great if it someone can verify this as being 100% true. Or is Gamestop offers a Warranty with the system on its own.

[quote name='MrBoss']That would be great if it someone can verify this as being 100% true. Or is Gamestop offers a Warranty with the system on its own.[/QUOTE]
I think Gamestop only includes a 30 day warranty. That's why I was asking about what extended warranties they offer.

Great deal. I would buy it in-store and get the extended warranty. But its awesome deal even if you don't, given Microsoft's 3 year warranty.

[quote name='Azumangaman']Guys, don't buy the core. Its not worth that much. A hard drive is pretty darn essential.[/QUOTE]
I disagree. Even if you buy the hard drive with this it's still a pretty good deal.

[quote name='rickonker']I disagree. Even if you buy the hard drive with this it's still a pretty good deal.[/quote]
While thats true, I think the premium is a significantly better deal, and is easily worth the extra money. To each his own I guess.

[quote name='Azumangaman']While thats true, I think the core is a significantly better deal, and is easily worth the extra money. To each his own I guess.[/QUOTE]
I guess you mean the premium, but how much is that used? It's not listed online so I can't check the price.

[quote name='rickonker']I guess you mean the premium, but how much is that used? It's not listed online so I can't check the price.[/quote]
I have no idea how much it is used. But in case you don't know, just a comparison of the core and premium:

[quote name='www.360maniac.com']So, if you get the green box (core system), you get no wireless on the controller, no hard drive, no xbox live headset, no ethernet cable and no media remote.[/quote]
Last part is bs, theres no media remote.
But break it down in US retail with Gamespot prices:
XBOX 360 Wireless Controller= 49.99
XBOX 360 Headset= 19.99
USED 20 GIG Harddrive= 59.99
OR
NEW 20 GIG Harddrive= 99.99
Microsoft Component Cables= 29.99
Ethernet Cable= not sure if they even sell these, so you'd have to buy the wireless adpater= 99.99

So, its really not worth it :D

[quote name='primetime']Wow, that's an amazing price. The premium doesn't have built-in wifi, does it?[/quote]
Nope, but it has an ethernet cable (which is lame if you wireless)
But it does have lots of missing stuff (I'll stop, I just don't want you guys to feel disappointed).

[quote name='Azumangaman']Nope, but it has an ethernet cable (which is lame if you wireless)
But it does have lots of missing stuff (I'll stop, I just don't want you guys to feel disappointed).[/quote]

:D Thanks for the reply. I don't really care about much else than the HD- plus wifi would be really nice. I'm fine with a wired controller for a price like that. The page is really slow for me, does anybody have an estimate on shipping? I'm in N Illinois if that matters.

I have $180 on my edge card, and I see no where to enter it. Do they not accept it online anymore? All they are asking for in payment is a credit card. I didn't think I was going to get another 360 after my last 2 broke (lol), but at this price, and with my Madden addiction, why not.

[quote name='Azumangaman']I have no idea how much it is used. But in case you don't know, just a comparison of the core and premium:

Last part is bs, theres no media remote.
But break it down in US retail with Gamespot prices:
XBOX 360 Wireless Controller= 49.99
XBOX 360 Headset= 19.99
USED 20 GIG Harddrive= 59.99
OR
NEW 20 GIG Harddrive= 99.99
Microsoft Component Cables= 29.99
Ethernet Cable= not sure if they even sell these, so you'd have to buy the wireless adpater= 99.99

So, its really not worth it :D[/QUOTE]

I agree that for new 360s the premium is obviously a better deal. But some of your numbers, like adding $100 because there's no ethernet cable, don't make any sense.

Core= $190
Difference between Wired and Wireless= $10
Headset= $20
Used Hard Drive= $60
Component Cables= $5
Ethernet Cable= $5

So that's $290, not $450.

[quote name='rickonker']I guess you mean the premium, but how much is that used? It's not listed online so I can't check the price.[/QUOTE]
Used premium that I saw in the store today was $229.99 I believe, but from what I could tell it didn't include the harddrive (i.e. it was the same as the core but with a wireless controller).

[quote name='Edge']Used premium that I saw in the store today was $229.99 I believe, but from what I could tell it didn't include the harddrive (i.e. it was the same as the core but with a wireless controller).[/QUOTE]
Now that I think about it, I don't think Gamestop is actually selling the full premium bundle used. I mean it may have that chrome or whatever but they're not including the hard drive. So if you want a 360 with a hard drive I guess it'll cost you $250 used.

[quote name='JSK414']I have $180 on my edge card, and I see no where to enter it. Do they not accept it online anymore?[/QUOTE]
They haven't accepted it online since GameStop bought EB and merged the sites.

I don't know what some posters on here are rambling on about. There is no difference with used 360s for Gamestop. Stop giving BAD ADVICE if you do not know what you are talking about. I am talking about you, specifically, Azumangaman.

XB360 with WIRED controller – $189
XB360 with WIRELESS controller – $229
XB360 ELITE with WIRELESS controller - $249

All used 360 models at GameStop are essentially sold as core systems. They do not include a hard drive or other extra accessories as these are taken in separately.

[quote name='ajwho']I don't know what some posters on here are rambling on about. There is no difference with used 360s for Gamestop. Stop giving BAD ADVICE if you do not know what you are talking about. I am talking about you, specifically, Azumangaman.
[/quote]

Calm yourself. And besides, my point was that a NEW premium would be better in the long run than a USED core.

[quote name='rickonker']
Difference between Wired and Wireless= $10
Component Cables= $5
Ethernet Cable= $5
So that's $290, not $450.[/quote]
Agreed with the first 2, but I was pointing out the retail price for the MS component cables aka the ones that come in a NEW premium.

[quote name='Azumangaman']Calm yourself. And besides, my point was that a NEW premium would be better in the long run than a USED core.[/QUOTE]
Better, maybe, but also almost twice as expensive.

Thanks for the prices ajwho. Looking at that list, the $189 bundle is definitely the best deal. It's not worth $40 extra just to change the controller to wireless.

[quote name='Azumangaman']Calm yourself. And besides, my point was that a NEW premium would be better in the long run than a USED core.[/quote]I am calm. I am just addressing the misinformation being spread.

A new core is junk, yes. But for Gamestop, which this thread specifically speaks of, no such distinction between core and premium exist. And these 360s DO carry the warranty of "3 years for RROD", unofficially, though possibly not the entire 3 years. It may be more accurately stated "3 years from when originally purchased by the original owner." I know of people who have bought used RROD 360s from eBay and got them repaired from MS.

No problem.
I sincerely apologize on my behalf, because I really don't know about Gamespot (not in Canada, well EB games is...anyway).
So I'll just say it now:
If you care about the things I talked about (which you NEED a HD to enjoy your savegames, but otherwise nothing is dire) grab a used CORE, its a great price. If you do, grab yourself a new premium.

[quote name='Azumangaman'] grab yourself a new premium.[/quote]I definitely agree with this. A new premium, in a couple of weeks with HDMI out, 65nm chips, second heatsink, and a three year RROD warranty to boot, is the way to go :)

Even if the used 360 was originally purchased on launch day that gives you a 15 month warranty which isn't too bad I guess. If these used 360s are covered, I'd say buy one with a hard drive and free game for $250 total.

I'm still curious about Gamestop's available warranties though.

Ugh, this price is trying to grab me. So what's the deal with this? Is it a recent permanent drop? Also, I don't see anything about the free game- I'm assuming it's just tonight and online only.

I think I'd rather have a PS3 if just for the fact that I have a PSP and it has built in wifi, but it might be worth it to save a few hundred and just grab this core + hard drive.

Why do I always seem to have such a hard time making decisions? :wall:

[quote name='primetime']Ugh, this price is trying to grab me. So what's the deal with this? Is it a recent permanent drop? Also, I don't see anything about the free game- I'm assuming it's just tonight and online only.

I think I'd rather have a PS3 if just for the fact that I have a PSP and it has built in wifi, but it might be worth it to save a few hundred and just grab this core + hard drive.

Why do I always seem to have such a hard time making decisions? :wall:[/QUOTE]
It's a recent drop but there's a chance it won't be permanent if demand for these becomes very high. The free game is online only and valid until tomorrow morning. If I were you I would get the 360 over the PS3. The few PSP/PS3 connectivity features aren't worth the huge cost difference.

[quote name='rickonker']It's a recent drop but there's a chance it won't be permanent if demand for these becomes very high. The free game is online only and valid until tomorrow morning. If I were you I would get the 360 over the PS3. The few PSP/PS3 connectivity features aren't worth the huge cost difference.[/quote]

Hey, I appreciate the reply.

Does anybody know this- On the first page, I think, it said the free game was 30 bucks or less. Is it new or used and is there a coupon code or is it in checkout?

[quote name='primetime']Hey, I appreciate the reply.

Does anybody know this- On the first page, I think, it said the free game was 30 bucks or less. Is it new or used and is there a coupon code or is it in checkout?[/QUOTE]
Add a used game $30 or less and the console to your cart and enter coupon code 360U, discount will be applied at checkout.

[quote name='rickonker']Add a used game $30 or less and the console to your cart and enter coupon code 360U, discount will be applied at checkout.[/quote]

I can put this info in the main post if need. When does this expire? Tomorrow?

bread's done
Back