Xbox 360 Customer Support – One Man’s Story

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
The following is one man’s account of his dealings with Microsoft Customer Support upon having an Xbox 360 system failure. I can’t say if his experience is typical, but I sure hope not, because Microsoft screwed up not once, not twice, but three times!

Continue to to read CAG Moderator Jaket’s story…

Friday, January 6th
My Xbox 360 console crashes while playing the Fight Night Round 3 demo. I guess Roy Jones Jr. kicked the crap out of my 360 too. Resetting the console just results in more crashing. Down for the count, I give up and call it a night.

Saturday, January 7th

A night of beauty sleep didn’t help as the crashing continues. I try un-plugging and re-connecting the power cord, but when I turn on the 360, I am greeted by the infamous “Red Ring of Death”.

I call Microsoft support (1-800-4 MY XBOX) and I speak to a guy who sounds like he has Down Syndrome. He assures me that the problem is a faulty power supply and that a new power supply and cord free of charge will be shipped to me free of charge. The phone call lasts about 10 minutes and I am comforted when I am told that the replacements will be here in “less than a week or so”. I had just purchased Dead or Alive 4, but I guess I will have to wait a bit to enjoy bouncing boobage fighting goodness.

Wednesday, January 11th (Strike One -Where’s My Brick?)
Early in the morning, a box arrives from Microsoft, but it looks way too small to be housing the giant replacement 360 power supply (and cord) I am expecting. Upon opening the box, I find only the power cord, although I was told I was to receive both a power cord and power supply.

Not surprisingly, replacing the power cord has not fixed the problem as the 360 still crashes in the exact same way as before.

I call Microsoft again and am placed on hold. This time, I speak to a female customer service representative who now tells me my 360’s problem is not a power issue (no shit) and if they can’t fix the problem over the phone, I’m going to have to send in my console along with the hard drive. She explains that the procedure is to ship a box with pre-paid postage to my home (will take “less than 72 hours” to arrive) that I will use to ship the 360 back to Microsoft. I am placed on hold for 10 minutes (listening to awful techno) while the rep figures out what to do.

When the rep returns to the phone, we go through a few troubleshooting techniques, none of which are effective. I’m told I will have to send my 360 in and wait about 2-3 weeks to get it back, plus I will lose all my saved data from my hard drive. I asked if there was any way to keep my game saves and the rep suggested purchasing a ($40) memory card. Note to Microsoft: Don’t tell your customers to purchase additional equipment during the traumatic experience of discovering their brand new $400 console is a doorstop.

I tell the rep I will call them back as I wanted to check to see if I could find a replacement at the EB Games where I had originally purchased the machine.

Friday, January 13th
After checking with EB, and learning they have no 360s in stock, nor are they expecting shipments anytime soon, I call back Microsoft to arrange for the repair and the pre-paid return box.

Monday, January 16th-February 1st
I’m lucky and am away on vacation, forgetting all my 360 woes. After I return, I ship out my 360 in the pre-paid postage box.

February 2nd
My 360 arrives in Texas, awaiting repair.

Monday, February 13th (Strike Two – The Vanishing 360)
I receive a phone call from Xbox customer support. The rep asks me if I have been able to connect to Xbox Live on my repaired 360. This is a troubling question since I have not received my console yet. I am then told that once I do receive my 360, I should test the Xbox Live connectivity immediately as there is a 50/50 chance it will not work. If I can’t connect to Xbox Live, I will have to send back that 360 and re-start the repair process. As compensation, I will receive a free month of Xbox Live and a wireless controller. I am stunned and confused as to why something like this wouldn’t be tested during the repair process. Silly me, but I thought the purpose of the repair was to fix the console. Are you shaq-fuing kidding me?

Monday, February 20th
I receive another phone call from Xbox customer support asking the same question as last week, and just like last week, I still don’t have a system! Obviously, I am extremely frustrated at this point, however this representative is very personable and seems intent on solving the problem of my missing 360.

Thursday, February 23rd (Strike Three – The Core Problem)
Another call from a personable Microsoft representative who tells me he will be my “point man” going forward. Unfortunately, my man starts our new relationship with some bad news for me. They just shipped out a replacement system for me, but it was a Core system, and not a Premium like the one I had sent them. I’m so glad Microsoft went the two SKU route. If their employees can’t figure it out, what hope is there for the general public? I am told that I will have to reject the delivery from UPS if I want a system with a hard drive. I couldn’t make this shit up if I tried.

Friday, February 24th
UPS rings my doorbell at 9:30 AM with the unwanted Core system. I reject the delivery and want to kick the UPS delivery guy in the nuts, hoping Microsoft will feel it back in Texas.

Saturday, March 5th
Finally, my replacement Premium 360 console arrives. I can’t tell if it’s a new or refurbished unit, but at least it works. I never received a free wireless controller or the free month of Xbox Live that I was promised. Maybe that was only to be provided if my repaired console wounldn't connect to Xbox Live...who knows?

Hopefully Microsoft will get their shit together soon, so my fellow CAGs never have to experience a mess like this.

This is the type of story that's kept me from picking up a 360. That and waiting for the game library to grow a bit more. I hope his repaired system will hold up for him. I'll send some good mojo along.

Sounds similiar to my story.

MY console died with the automatic update back in January. It shut down and immediately gave me the RED RING OF DEATH.

So, I call them up and they ship me out a coffin. I send my 360 back and about a week later a new 360. I try it out and I cannot connect to XBOX LIVE. I bitch for a week before they send me out another coffin.

I finally get my coffin, send back my non-working LIVE console and eventually get it back. I do get a WORKING 360 finally and they did give me a wireless controller.

So, my story is not as bad, but I've had 3 consoles in my house. It took about a month to get this resolved...actually, a little longer. I never got my free month of LIVE, but I gave up.

Also, the helpdesk cannot confirm my extended warranty, so I had to write MS directly and ask...I'm still waiting.

[quote name='CheapyD']Hopefully Microsoft will get their shit together soon, so my fellow CAGs never have to experience a mess like this.[/QUOTE]

Microsoft customer support has always been top notch when I've dealt with them. Quick response, fast shipping, everything taken care of.

[quote name='doubledown']Sounds similiar to my story.

MY console died with the automatic update back in January. It shut down and immediately gave me the RED RING OF DEATH.

So, I call them up and they ship me out a coffin. I send my 360 back and about a week later a new 360. I try it out and I cannot connect to XBOX LIVE. I bitch for a week before they send me out another coffin.

I finally get my coffin, send back my non-working LIVE console and eventually get it back. I do get a WORKING 360 finally and they did give me a wireless controller.

So, my story is not as bad, but I've had 3 consoles in my house. It took about a month to get this resolved...actually, a little longer. I never got my free month of LIVE, but I gave up.

Also, the helpdesk cannot confirm my extended warranty, so I had to write MS directly and ask...I'm still waiting.[/QUOTE]

And this is why I'll buy my 360 at Costco, if the piece of junk dies on me one or two years from now, I'll be able to take it back to the store no problem.

Sorry about your experience w/ Microsoft, as I don't think it's really on par with their normal amount of customer service. I had to call them recently on a Windows XP issue and they called me so much trying to get my problem resolved (it turned out to be a faulty network/hard drive combination that was corrupting downloads) it was like we were dating, or something...

Ok, here's my story about my bro's system. He got his 360 on launch night and it worked a-ok until right before X-mas. He bought Gun for it and played it for 2 days, never removing it from the system. The 360 has been in the verticle position since it was bought in the exact same spot and has NEVER been moved. We take Gun out to put in COD2 and the game is completely scratched to shit.

Let me repeat that...we NEVER moved the system and it was scratched to SHIT. Called Microsoft, and they said that we HAD to have moved it, because that's the only way that the game would have been scratched. Went and returned the game to Walmart and got an exchange.

Fast forward to the Wed before X-mas. With no game in the console, messing on the dashboard, we got a hardlock. Reboot the system, and get a hardlock as soon as we see the dashboard. Reboot again, and not only do we get a pixelated locked version of the dashboard, but the ring of death. My bro calls M$ and talks on the phone for a good hour or more with them, where they promise him a copy of PDZ and free month of live card. They sent the "coffin box" the next day. (On a side note, his laptop died the same day as the 360 and we got a DHL box from them the same day as well). In all honesty, DHL was the easiest thing to deal with. Box is shipped out the friday before X-mas. The following Friday, we get the box back in (along with his laptop). We were promised by the rep on the phone that the HD saves would still be there...

*Buzz* Wrong...WRONG. The achievements are still listed, but the HD is wiped clean. We are pissed, but start playing games again. All is well in the world, until about a month ago.

Set up some demo to download (forget which) but since we have other downloads in the house going, we know it will be morning before it's done, so we let the download commence while we sleep. "You mean you left it running all night long???" Well, yea. I leave my pc running and it does fine, as does his laptop, so the system should have no problems being on while we sleep. Wake up to a crash screen. Oh joy. Reboot, and it seems ok..until we notice that the dvd drive makes this really loud noise now. He bought DOA4 used, and it has very very minor scratches, and as of last week, it hard locked 5 times in 1 night. My sister-in-law has been playing my copy of Fable TLC on the 360 like it's going out fo style, and we can't do the update for it because it hardlocks the system. We haven't called M$ yet, because frankly we're too scared to send the fucking thing back, if anything because we dont' want to lose the save files and games he's already bought (Gaunlet and Feeding Frezy).

And thus ends my little tell. Keep in mind that this is not my system, and about the only games I play on it is DOA4 and Hexic. Just thought I'd put my little story in.

On a side note, I have my buddy in Shizuyama looking to see much used 360s are over there for me. AFAIK, the games are region free and the dvd movies are region locked (at least our 360 is that way, because I tested it the other night on some of my reg2&3 movies I own master dvds of). Anyone know is the games being reg free is true?

Microsoft should just do what Nintendo did for me when my DS had a dead pixel. They sent me a replacement DS. Then I put my dead pixel version in the box it came in, put on the label that was inside the box and drop it off at UPS. Took maybe a week and I could play my dead pixel version the whole time.

Instead of sending just a box, send a 360 inside the box and let Microsoft worry about the broken system. You could even see if the problem lies with your hard drive this way and maybe keep your saved data.

P.S. Nintendo took a credit card number incase I didn't send the broken system back. Then they'd charge me $149.99 (the MSRP at the time).

[quote name='thorbahn3']Microsoft should just do what Nintendo did for me when my DS had a dead pixel. They sent me a replacement DS. Then I put my dead pixel version in the box it came in, put on the label that was inside the box and drop it off at UPS. Took maybe a week and I could play my dead pixel version the whole time.

Instead of sending just a box, send a 360 inside the box and let Microsoft worry about the broken system. You could even see if the problem lies with your hard drive this way and maybe keep your saved data.

P.S. Nintendo took a credit card number incase I didn't send the broken system back. Then they'd charge me $149.99 (the MSRP at the time).[/QUOTE]

Initially that sounds like a good answer but here lies the problem...

When you have a 360 and it has enough problems to replace it, normally it doesnt work at all!

Although your idea would save on the waiting for it to arrive at MS side of things.

This story lost all credibility for me when "Jaket" said that the MS support person sounded like he had Downs Syndrome. That's a cheap shot that reflects more on the writers attitude and morals, than the likelihood that MS dropped the ball in this fashion.

I don't know of anyone who has had a defective 360 (out of about 40 online friends), but the stories I have read on various forums have all been handled professionally and expeditiously. Of course, any company can screw up on occassion, but I suspect this idiot has an inherent bias and agenda. Generally, I find I get far better customer support when I treat the support person with respect...

I'm not entirely sure how someone can sound like they have Downs as opposed to any other speech impediment (or why that would even have any significance), but I think CAG should have at least had the foresight to edit that portion out. I've noticed a tendency for this site to bash MS (while not doing so for Nintendo or Sony) and this just further undermines the sites credibility in my mind.

This doesn't exactly fill me with confidence since I'll be sending mine back within the next few days.

[quote name='grognard66']This story lost all credibility for me when "Jaket" said that the MS support person sounded like he had Downs Syndrome. That's a cheap shot that reflects more on the writers attitude and morals, than the likelihood that MS dropped the ball in this fashion.[/QUOTE]

The "idiot" is a moderator. Cheapy doesn't have idiots for moderators, which is a nice change of pace from most boards I frequent. The fact that he said the guy sounded like he has Downs Syndrome does absolutely nothing to tarnish ANYTHING that was said. It was a throwaway comment expressing just one aspect of what a pain in the ass this ordeal has been.

I suspect this idiot has an inherent bias and agenda. Generally, I find I get far better customer support when I treat the support person with respect...

Uh, I seriously doubt he said "dude, you sound like you have Downs" or something while on the phone.

I've noticed a tendency for this site to bash MS (while not doing so for Nintendo or Sony) and this just further undermines the sites credibility in my mind.

They're "bashing" them because they've screwed a lot of things up! I really don't think anyone would say it's a bad system other than the most devout Sony or Nintendo fanboy morons; but that doesn't excuse the fact that a lot of mistakes have been made with the launch and there are a lot of technical issues popping up.

I'm pleased with the system, but I sure as hell wish I didn't have to send mine back, and I'm sure the inexcusable large number of owners who also had to agree. Enough with conspiracy theories on how people are only against the 360. People are against everything.

[quote name='grognard66']This story lost all credibility for me when "Jaket" said that the MS support person sounded like he had Downs Syndrome. That's a cheap shot that reflects more on the writers attitude and morals, than the likelihood that MS dropped the ball in this fashion.

I don't know of anyone who has had a defective 360 (out of about 40 online friends), but the stories I have read on various forums have all been handled professionally and expeditiously. Of course, any company can screw up on occassion, but I suspect this idiot has an inherent bias and agenda. Generally, I find I get far better customer support when I treat the support person with respect...

I'm not entirely sure how someone can sound like they have Downs as opposed to any other speech impediment (or why that would even have any significance), but I think CAG should have at least had the foresight to edit that portion out. I've noticed a tendency for this site to bash MS (while not doing so for Nintendo or Sony) and this just further undermines the sites credibility in my mind.[/QUOTE]

I don't know about Microsoft's customer support but there are other CS people that really do sound like they have some kind of disease or that they think that you're an idiot. I remember calling SBC Yahoo DSL customer support line and they started asking me stupid questions like: "Is your computer plugged in?" "Is it turned on?". I hanged up and managed to solve the problem myself.

[quote name='jasonlives13']I don't know about Microsoft's customer support but there are other CS people that really do sound like they have some kind of disease or that they think that you're an idiot. I remember calling SBC Yahoo DSL customer support line and they started asking me stupid questions like: "Is your computer plugged in?" "Is it turned on?". I hanged up and managed to solve the problem myself.[/QUOTE]

You know not to get this off topic but wouldnt it be fun to play with the support person. Plugged in? How do I do that? I thought the box said wireless?

Then when you all done say something like you just got punk'd or any other single word you can come up with.

In general, customer service sucks just about everywhere anymore. Downs Syndrome or not, I'm just happy when I get someone who speaks English as their first language.

If you think an idiot can't attain a job as moderator, you're really not paying attention hard enough around here. I will say the grand majority here do their job incredibly well, far above many other sites I either go or have gone to, but to say the former is ludicrous.

I remember when I made my thread and all the assholes came out too. I believe Doubledown was one of them, which makes me smile everytime I think of the problems he had.

I seen 25+ 360 system, belonging to friends & family, not 1 of them I ever came across was ever defected since lanuch... I guess if a few people has a broken system, they make it seem, like the whole world is..

It's too bad that you went thru all that but at least Microsoft kept in contact and was nice with you. Sending you the pre-paid shipping box and giving you a free wireless controller + 1 month of Live was pretty classy.

What did Sony give to people who sent back all those busted PS2's? They even made them pay for shipping, didn't they?

[quote name='KaneRobot']

The "idiot" is a moderator. Cheapy doesn't have idiots for moderators, which is a nice change of pace from most boards I frequent. The fact that he said the guy sounded like he has Downs Syndrome does absolutely nothing to tarnish ANYTHING that was said. It was a throwaway comment expressing just one aspect of what a pain in the ass this ordeal has been.

.[/QUOTE]
not for nothin'.... and i respect CToTheDizzle but being a moderator doesn't disqualify you from being an idiot

not by a long shot

[quote name='Spoon_si']I seen 25+ 360 system, belonging to friends & family, not 1 of them I ever came across was ever defected since lanuch... I guess if a few people has a broken system, they make it seem, like the whole world is..[/quote]

You actually know 25+ people personally who have an Xbox 360? Wow, I know like 5 at most... you must hang with all the high rollin gamers..

Out of the 5 (including me) - 4 had errors.

ya gotta give Jaket props for not completely losing it a few times there.

brand new system, brand new games and it is a door stop as he so wonderfully put it.

good job keeping a cool head :)

I would be so filled with anger that I would turn into the hulk and start smashing M$ offices and factories. I have no problem with sending something out for repair. But how fucking hard is it to fix it the right way the first time.

[quote name='Archgarth']And this is why I'll buy my 360 at Costco, if the piece of junk dies on me one or two years from now, I'll be able to take it back to the store no problem.[/QUOTE]

I so agree here this is why I when I get a 360, I will be getting my from walmart. Anything goes wrong with it they will replace it in a heartbeat no matter the length from time of purchase. I worked at walmart while working at a supercenter they took back anything including; a rusty "gold" braclet, dead plants, food, and I'm sure if you pressed them enough you could return dirty diapers.

I can't speak to 360 service problems but I did have my Xbox DVD drive replaced last summer due to lots of difficulties reading certain disks and scratching them to hell in the process.

Here was the process for me.

1. Phone call to 4MY XBOX.

2. Discussion of problem.

3. Telling them what I wanted done, I knew it was the DVD drive, it was a Thompson.

4. They tell me they could fix it for $79.90. I tell them there are people online doing it for $59.90 & their warranty didn't matter to me as I was getting a 360 in 5 months. They lower the price to $59.90 and give me the shipping info.

5. I box my Xbox up at the Fed Ex store, ship it on a Saturday. $7 for packing and shipping.

6. I go on vacation for the week.

7. Xbox is at my property manager's office when I get home.

8. HDD save files are intact, new Hitachi drive, completely cleaned, dust removed from fan intake and inside plades, second replacement power cord (The one with the red button switch.) is sent back even though I didn't need it. Further 1 year warranty.

I was more than happy with MS's customer service and thought they did a fantastic job all the way around. I mean who negotiates service rates?

The difficulties now I think are just to do with the fact that it's a new product and the CSR's just aren't as familiar with symptoms and solutions as they were with the Xbox. They're learning the ins and outs just as you are.

[quote name='norkusa']It's too bad that you went thru all that but at least Microsoft kept in contact and was nice with you. Sending you the pre-paid shipping box and giving you a free wireless controller + 1 month of Live was pretty classy.

What did Sony give to people who sent back all those busted PS2's? They even made them pay for shipping, didn't they?[/quote]

He never got the free one month or the controller. I think they teach that on day one at CSR training...

Tips for getting a customer off the phone: Promise to send disgruntled customer free stuff that you have no authority or intention of giving away.

Luckily I've never had a problem with with my 360, but I can only assume that it could get frusterating. Hang in there, it's worth it! And some day this will make a fine story on CAG...

P.S. Anyone who refers to Microsoft at Micro$oft or M$ definately has issues with either Microsoft or Bill Gates, bordering if not stepping over the line of "Fanboy". I just don't understand why...And I don't mean that sarcasticsally. I couldn't do my job without Microsoft and when Bill Gates dies, he's only leaving his children $10 million each. The rest (Billions) is going to charity and his foundation!

I've had no real problems with the customer service.

The biggest snag I ran into was that the service reps have zero concept about the products. I purchased Astropop when it was leaked. I accidently closed the download window, went to redownload it and it was gone. Called the customer service line. He checked his records and returned 300 points (out of the 800 points I paid). He then tells me I should go on now to try and download it again. I spent five minutes on the phone explaining that the download was removed. I know Microsoft may be a big company, but I'd expect service reps to know what is currently available for their console.

My launch console froze up after the first day constantly. I called MS and we went through the steps to see if it could be fixed over the phone.

After we figured out it was a hardware or hard drive issue I was issued the DHL box which arrived on Monday, I placed the initial call on Friday.

I packed up my 360 and sent it out and got my replacement in 7 days. Still works today and has only froze up once or twice. Their customer serivce was very helpful and very friendly in my experiece.

I know everyone has different experiences with customer support but I found Ms to be very helpful.

[quote name='jasonlives13']I don't know about Microsoft's customer support but there are other CS people that really do sound like they have some kind of disease or that they think that you're an idiot. I remember calling SBC Yahoo DSL customer support line and they started asking me stupid questions like: "Is your computer plugged in?" "Is it turned on?". I hanged up and managed to solve the problem myself.[/QUOTE]

You have no idea how many computer-illiterate users there is.

One user had the electricity went out in his house and called tech support when his computer didn't work...

[quote name='Graystone']

I so agree here this is why I when I get a 360, I will be getting my from walmart. Anything goes wrong with it they will replace it in a heartbeat no matter the length from time of purchase. I worked at walmart while working at a supercenter they took back anything including; a rusty "gold" braclet, dead plants, food, and I'm sure if you pressed them enough you could return dirty diapers.[/quote]

sounds like good advice.

I sent mine back and got a replacement in about 10 days. Aside from 1 dumb customer service lady who told me to call my ROUTER company about the bad NIC in my 360, everything was fine.

[quote name='grognard66']This story lost all credibility for me when "Jaket" said that the MS support person sounded like he had Downs Syndrome. That's a cheap shot that reflects more on the writers attitude and morals, than the likelihood that MS dropped the ball in this fashion.

I'm not entirely sure how someone can sound like they have Downs as opposed to any other speech impediment (or why that would even have any significance), but I think CAG should have at least had the foresight to edit that portion out. I've noticed a tendency for this site to bash MS (while not doing so for Nintendo or Sony) and this just further undermines the sites credibility in my mind.[/QUOTE]

Saying he sounded like he had downs syndrome was just a way of describing what i was hearing. I was respectful to all the CSR's throughout the process, even though i completely had the right to lose it on a couple occasions.

thanks for the backup everyone haha

[quote name='zewone']Thanks M$, because of you I got to play 2 months of Live without having to worry about playing with Jake.[/QUOTE]

hahahahaha i hate you zew

You should send a letter/email or both to XBOX with the exact events as you have in the OP and demand compensation for lost time/frustration. Hopefully they'll hook you up with the controller as promised, the live month, and maybe even a game.

Luckily I haven't had any problems with my 360. However, I did have problems with my xbox. I bought it back in Feb 2002 and it died on me sometime last year. I couldn't get it to display anything. I was worried about my harddrive being erased since I couldn't back my stuff up. So I call MS and their CSR keep telling me to back my stuff up on a memory card before I send it in which I couldnt do since I couldnt get it to turn on. They didn't understand that though. I had downloaded the extra packs for PGR2 so those were lost. I get my xbox back and everything is erased. I had over 70 game saves and 3 years of saves on there. I called MS 3 more times trying to get them to let me redownload the PGR2 packs for free since I had paid for them already but they wouldn't let me. I didn't have my xbox live account any more at the time so thats why I couldn't redownload them. For some reason I couldn't recover it. Needless to say I understand what you went through and it sucks.

No offense to Cheapy or anything, but it seems like the majority of posts he writes is very much anti microsoft / xbox.

If anyone else was the OP, this would have already degraded into a flame war, the OP would have been called a few names, and this thread would have been locked.

I might as well post my story...

I got my 360 at the "second launch" at best buys, right before Christmas. I played it a good deal, up till the begining of this Spring semester. My 360 was collecting dust till my spring break (not that I didn't like it, I just didn't have the time). GRAW just came out, and I was sick for my break, so it sounded like a good time to get some 360ing going. Two days into the break, I get the ring of death.

I went to MS website, and did all the things they say to do, check the power cords, take off the HDD, etc. Nothing worked. I called CS, and they had me do the same things again, and again, nothing worked.

So the guy said he'll send a box out, and to not put any accessories in, and to take off and hold onto the HDD.

Two days later, I get that crappy little box to send my 360 back in...and within a week later, I got a different 360 back. I dunno if it is new, but I can see that the S/N is different, and there was that protective plastic over the IR lense and the disc drive. I just picked up Oblivion, and have been having 4 hour game sessions, and my new 360 seems to be handling it fine.

I have to say, I'm glad to see that MS was using their supply to replace consoles for existing 360 owners as quick as possible, instead of sending most of that stock to stores to get new sales. Also, IIRC, didn't Sony charge for DREs on the PS2? Good to see that this process didn't cost me any money (as it certainly shouldn't have).

when my 360 died, i sent it out on a monday and got a new one on friday, i was blown away by the service and turn around rate, but then again not everybody has the same experience, most people dont get it so fast.

Mine crashed with the ring of death. I sent away my 360 on a Monday night, and got it back on that Friday, and it works perfectly. I was really impressed that it took that quick, and all of the equipment has worked flawlessly

I believe the whole "only 3-5%" of x360 are faulty statement by MS reps is BS. I've read and heard of way to many ppl on forums speaking about returning their x360 1, 2, & more before they get a working for it just to be 5%.

When paying a base price of at;east $325-430 there is no excuse for this. If the original Xbox was a true learning tool for MS, a x360 breaking should be barely unheard of. And when it comes down to it, all it was about was "rushing" to beat the compitetion, resulting in more cost for MS, a crap launch of the x360, pissed off consumers, shortages, and more skeptical consumer not buying.

LOL, I wouldn't doubt the reason for the "shortage" was because of the overwhelming demand of "replacement units" needed, and not just the buy demand.

All problems will have to be cleared up with the system with a price drop before I buy a x360.

[quote name='retail sucks']I believe the whole "only 3-5%" of x360 are faulty statement by MS reps is BS. I've read and heard of way to many ppl on forums speaking about returning their x360 1, 2, & more before they get a working for it just to be 5%[/quote]

Most people post to complain because they dont have their X360 to play with and they are angry and frustrated. The people that own them and never had a problem dont post on forums because they are playing and because they dont have a problem. I've had mine since 11/22/05, no problems what so ever. This is just a "squeeky wheel" issue, it seems like a lot but im pretty sure that its not.

[quote name='Roufuss']No offense to Cheapy or anything, but it seems like the majority of posts he writes is very much anti microsoft / xbox.

If anyone else was the OP, this would have already degraded into a flame war, the OP would have been called a few names, and this thread would have been locked.[/QUOTE]

how is it anti-MS or fanboyish to post a true story about MS customer service or to post the facts that MS is sucking in Japan?

[quote name='blackjaw']how is it anti-MS or fanboyish to post a true story about MS customer service or to post the facts that MS is sucking in Japan?[/QUOTE]

True. I own an original Xbox. I bought it in January 2002, play it everyday, not one problem, but others did have problems with the original, just like the 360, so it's not like he's crapping on the titles that are out, but mechanical / technical problems are a different story.

I'd have a shit fit too if my system broke right after buying it new. These guys should be playing their 360, and never should have problems with the system, if it was up to standards.

Llike I said before, for $400 I expect it to work bug free, and last the full systems life cycle of games atleast system.

Hell I still have my families original Atari 2600. bought in 1984, & it still works, why shouldn't we except the same from MS too & 360?

[quote name='retail sucks']True. I own an original Xbox. I bought it in January 2002, play it everyday, not one problem, but others did have problems with the original, just like the 360, so it's not like he's crapping on the titles that are out, but mechanical / technical problems are a different story.

I'd have a shit fit too if my system broke right after buying it new. These guys should be playing their 360, and never should have problems with the system, if it was up to standards.

Llike I said before, for $400 I expect it to work bug free, and last the full systems life cycle of games atleast system.

Hell I still have my families original Atari 2600. bought in 1984, & it still works, why shouldn't we except the same from MS too & 360?[/QUOTE]

exactly, i just called up MS and cancelled my original xbox's Live subscription and the dude was real cool...of course he tried to get me to upgrade and get free games and stuff for another year, but he wasnt pushy

on the other hand i had a bad experience last year when my HDD reformatted itself for no reason and they kept sending me DOA xbox's (2 in 2 weeks)...every service rep i talked to was snotty and wanted nothing to do with my problem...i hated MS with all my guts for the month it put me through that crap

telling these two stories doesnt mean im anti-MS or being fanboyish becuase of the crap service i got from MS, it just means ive had a bad experience with them and a good one

some people will cry fanboy for no reason at all....its pretty silly

[quote name='blackjaw']how is it anti-MS or fanboyish to post a true story about MS customer service or to post the facts that MS is sucking in Japan?[/quote]
Because ANYTHING Cheapy posts about the Xbox or Microsoft is always negative. And you seem vaguely familiar to me...

I have boot up problem with my Xbox 360. Some times it just won't boot up at all without any red light. Some times with 1 red flashing light with a error message on the screen. It always work after turning it off and back on again. I called tech support, and the lady said maybe it is the HDD and try booting up with it off. Same thing happens. I didn't bother calling back to get it fix. I got 2 years warranty on the bloody brick. Just going to exchange for a new one when the warranty is going to expire or this holiday period when people are wanting to buy the PS3 or Revolution and will have tons of Xbox 360 in stock.

bread's done
Back