Xbox 360 Dead and Returned within 1 Week

Tsiawd

CAGiversary!
I was just listening to current CAGcast and wanted to comment on the Service of MicroSoft. This was the 3rd time my 360 has ate it. This time it was the DVD drive. My 360 wasnt under warranty anymore either but when i called I was escalated to a Manager and he took good care of me. I had a Box/coffin the next day, Shipped my 360 via Fed Ex Over night to MS on a Friday and I got it back today "thursday". Soo not even 3-4 Business days to have it back and I also got a new Power cord and a 1Month live card. The manager on the phone even gave me his personal number and extension to call with any problems. I know there are Horror Stories but MS is at least on the right track.

couple comments on CAGcast... Why you you recomend to someone to buy a PS3 right now over a 360? Wombat... yikes..... I own both systems and my PS3 collects dust. Have fun playing um um um Your PS2 Games! The guy who says he doesnt care about live and "wont pay for service" probably doesnt know Xbox live is like 4.00 a month...... Just my opinion on that and how the heck can CheapyD go all those years withouth playing MARIO 64?? WOW...........

[quote name='Tsiawd']Why you you recomend to someone to buy a PS3 right now over a 360? Wombat... yikes..... [/quote] [quote name='Tsiawd']This was the 3rd time my 360 has ate it. This time it was the DVD drive. [/quote]
Answered?

[quote name='cranguy']Answered?[/quote]

Probably exactly why he did so. Think about it. No one wants a failing system.

I'm on my 5th Xbox 360, it always gets returned quick but it's annoying as all hell.

My Playstation 3 is on right now and I can't hear it and the room temp isn't 10 degrees hotter, I think I'll put more faith in it.

[quote name='jbroush99']I hope you realize that your avatar is the Honda emblem.[/quote]
Pwned!

Here's what you want, I think.
logo_hundai.gif

Or perhaps this?

hyundai-logo.jpg

[quote name='Tsiawd']I was just listening to current CAGcast and wanted to comment on the Service of MicroSoft. This was the 3rd time my 360 has ate it. This time it was the DVD drive. My 360 wasnt under warranty anymore either but when i called I was escalated to a Manager and he took good care of me. I had a Box/coffin the next day, Shipped my 360 via Fed Ex Over night to MS on a Friday and I got it back today "thursday". Soo not even 3-4 Business days to have it back and I also got a new Power cord and a 1Month live card. The manager on the phone even gave me his personal number and extension to call with any problems. I know there are Horror Stories but MS is at least on the right track.

couple comments on CAGcast... Why you you recomend to someone to buy a PS3 right now over a 360? Wombat... yikes..... I own both systems and my PS3 collects dust. Have fun playing um um um Your PS2 Games! The guy who says he doesnt care about live and "wont pay for service" probably doesnt know Xbox live is like 4.00 a month...... Just my opinion on that and how the heck can CheapyD go all those years withouth playing MARIO 64?? WOW...........[/QUOTE]

cowbell.jpg

wow 6-8 weeks would suck!!! Whoever designed the 360 was drunk. maybe i should crycool my new 1 to keep it from breaking again.

[quote name='rodeojones903']I sent mine in for repair and the rep said the current turn around time is 6-8 weeks. I really hope it doesn't take that long.[/quote]
Mine took longer.

Cliff Notes Version: I sent mine in, got a replacement within 2 weeks, it was DOA. Send it back and it takes them over a month. Total back and forth time (time without a working 360) was close to 3 months. I was lied to about the status of my console 4 different times. No apologies for the broken console they shipped me, aside from the scripted "We're sorry for this issue with your console." No compensation (aside from the obligatory 1 month card x2), I lost out on 6 months (4 with the 2 cards I got) of XBL (my account and my wife's account, both Gold). They offered us the standard "free crappy game," which we declined because we own all of the ones they offered. I was told I would receive a call from them regarding this issue within a few days. Nothing. Called back and we're getting the runaround. This alone has been going on for close to a month.

Fortunately, the 360 is running fairly well, aside from an occasional lock-up from time-to-time. If it dies again, I'm getting it repaired, telling MS to fuck themselves and selling the 360, 4 wireless controllers, 2 guitars, 1 dancemat and 46 games.

[quote name='linkpwns']Probably exactly why he did so. Think about it. No one wants a failing system.[/quote]

Yet 100 million people paid $129-299 for a PS2 last gen, which had rampant Disc Read Error problems, the occasional system which scratched discs to hell and even the lovelyness of compatability issues with the newer model PStwo slims(in Japan, where some PS1 and even PS2 games didn't wanna even work on the system).

So believe me, system failures aren't a new occurence, yet everyone acts like 'omg the 360 is a pos' without seeing the other consoles which have failed before.

At least MS owned up and is offering an extended warranty and free repairs(on the RROD only if outside the normal 1 year warranty), that's something Sony had to be majorly SUED to admit to and then they only offered free repairs if you had the DREs and only for a limited time.

How console makers have managed to get away with offering a piddily 90 day stinkin warranty for years is beyond me, as most problems didn't start occuring with systems till LONG AFTER those 90 days were up.

[quote name='Tsiawd'] My 360 wasnt under warranty anymore either

All 360's had their warranties upgraded to 3 years sometime in July. So if anything happens again, you'll be covered

[quote name='sp00ge']Mine took longer.

Cliff Notes Version: I sent mine in, got a replacement within 2 weeks, it was DOA. Send it back and it takes them over a month. Total back and forth time (time without a working 360) was close to 3 months. I was lied to about the status of my console 4 different times. No apologies for the broken console they shipped me, aside from the scripted "We're sorry for this issue with your console." No compensation (aside from the obligatory 1 month card x2), I lost out on 6 months (4 with the 2 cards I got) of XBL (my account and my wife's account, both Gold). They offered us the standard "free crappy game," which we declined because we own all of the ones they offered. I was told I would receive a call from them regarding this issue within a few days. Nothing. Called back and we're getting the runaround. This alone has been going on for close to a month.

Fortunately, the 360 is running fairly well, aside from an occasional lock-up from time-to-time. If it dies again, I'm getting it repaired, telling MS to fuck themselves and selling the 360, 4 wireless controllers, 2 guitars, 1 dancemat and 46 games.[/QUOTE]

Thats fucking horrible. I am at 4 weeks exactly today. Damn I want to play Bioshock and Blue Dragon. :(

[quote name='darken'][quote name='Tsiawd'] My 360 wasnt under warranty anymore either

All 360's had their warranties upgraded to 3 years sometime in July. So if anything happens again, you'll be covered[/QUOTE]

The warranty extension is only for the red ring problem, not for everything.

bread's done
Back