Xbox 360 Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen is On Sale at Amazon and Best Buy for $19.99

H3m1 R4m

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
Amazon - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00B59MXDM/ref=olp_product_details?ie=UTF8&me=&seller=

Best Buy - http://www.bestbuy.com/site/dragons-dogma-dark-arisen-xbox-360/8157238.p?id=1218864555963&skuId=8157238&st=dragons%20dogma&lp=2&cp=1

Sorry if repost. I have been working on my computer all day and haven't paid much attention to this site at all today. I just signed into Amazon to get a part for my computer and it was in my recomended. I think PS3 is sold out on Best Buy and Amazon is $21 instead of $19. Don't know if this is a price drop or just a sale but either way have at it.

Does this game get any better after you leave the initial village? Because I played for a couple hours and was left thoroughly unimpressed. Maybe I was expecting a Dragon Age killer and that was unrealistic.

Does this game get any better after you leave the initial village? Because I played for a couple hours and was left thoroughly unimpressed. Maybe I was expecting a Dragon Age killer and that was unrealistic.
yes, it does. once you start lvling up , and acquire new skills. and gold. i enjoyed jumping, and grabbing on those chimeras, flying griffins.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been playing this game non-stop for the past month. It's a lot different than Dragon Age, however, It's not a dialogue driven at all really. It's more of an action RPG with a basic story thrown over the top of it. The Dark Arisen expansion reminds me of Dark Souls but you aren't playing solo since you can have 4 in your party. If you enjoy games where your running around in an open world and completing quests, getting tons of loot to use/manage, and leveling up/gaining new skills, you'll like it. It's not for everyone, but it's the type of game i've always liked personally.

I've been playing this game non-stop for the past month. It's a lot different than Dragon Age, however, It's not a dialogue driven at all really. It's more of an action RPG with a basic story thrown over the top of it. The Dark Arisen expansion reminds me of Dark Souls but you aren't playing solo since you can have 4 in your party. If you enjoy games where your running around in an open world and completing quests, getting tons of loot to use/manage, and leveling up/gaining new skills, you'll like it. It's not for everyone, but it's the type of game i've always liked personally.
I suppose I'll pick it back up and try it again later on. I have such a backlog that once I try something and it doesn't grab me right away, I just move on to the next game in the stack.

I don't think me giving it GOTY gives them enough leeway to make a GOTY edition.

It's the original game with more stuff that you can't get as DLC.

Fuuuuu. I want this so bad and with 20% off its so tempting, but with my huge backlog I will have to wait until it's $14.99 before I can purchase it. thank you OP for this though. great deal.

jazzman said:
Is this two games in one package or is it DD with DLC?
Dark Arisen includes the original Dragon's Dogma, plus some improvements, both graphically and otherwise. It also includes an expansion - an extra area to explore with strong monsters - recommended for when you complete the main game. It is all on a single disc, I believe.

For achievement / trophy hunters - Dark Arisen shares the same list as Dragon's Dogma vanilla, so either version gets you the same points.

Is this two games in one package or is it DD with DLC?
Dark Arisen is basically a huge addon island with a separate storyline, new monsters, items, etc.. You can play it at anytime during the regular game, but you won't get far until you're a pretty high level. I'd recommend beating the base game before attempting it. That alone is going to take you 40 hours probably, so for $20 bucks you can't really go wrong here unless you end up not liking the game.

bread's done
Back