Xbox 360 DVI

Koggit

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Where's the best place to buy? I remember a CAG buying a huge eBay lot extremely cheap, like $2 a piece, so I'm hoping I can find 'em below $30 somewhere.

Ah.. what kind of difference would I notice in VGA from DVI? I have a 56" 720p DLP, but I want to try watching some HD DVDs on my 22" LCD since it's 1680 x 1050. Would VGA be fine?

Uh since when did the Xbox 360 have anything other than Component, Composite and VGA (and HDMI if you have the elite)?

you can use a vga to dvi adapter... or if you have the elilte with a hdmi output you can use a hdmi-dvi cable costs like $8 or so from monoprice.com

[quote name='Koggit']Ah.. what kind of difference would I notice in VGA from DVI? I have a 56" 720p DLP, but I want to try watching some HD DVDs on my 22" LCD since it's 1680 x 1050. Would VGA be fine?[/QUOTE]
Watch out, the adaptor doesn't have a 1680x1050 setting. You might be better off with your TV.

[quote name='Koggit']So.. my monitor wouldn't be able to scale the 1080p to whatever 16:9 with 1050 would be?[/QUOTE]

You need 1920x1080 resolution for 1080p so no, you couldn't use 1080p. But if you used 720p, your monitor will stretch the image to fit the screen as best possible.

Im not sure if this applies to 360, but if u use a vga cable with ur comp for the 1680x1050, its kinda bluurry in the mid. You can adjust it but blurryness just moves around to teh sides. When you switch to DVI everything becomes crisp and sharp. BTW i have a dell 2005fwp. If you use a hdmi to dvi cable it should work out. (for those with elite) my screen accepts 720p images from my digital cable box via hdmi to dvi fine.

bread's done
Back