Xbox 360 Elite $204.99 @ Dell.com

Man this is an awesome deal. Too bad I bought an Arcade from Amazon weeks ago for $180, and a $60 hard drive on eBay (120 gb). Thinking about returning my Arcade...

They should be, I was just in Best Buy and bought an Elite, all the units were built in July of this year.

[quote name='nightowl2006']Im a newbie on the Bing Cashback...how would you get that on this deal?[/QUOTE]

Just go to bing.com and type in dell.com and then when the site comes up hit the bing cashback symbol and it will direct you to your next step. I just want to know if the bing cashback program is free before I would do it?

Yes bing is free. However, Bing's terms and conditions explicitly state no coupons can be used with your order or the Bing cashback is voided. Microsoft are pretty hardcore about this, so I wouldn't guarantee you'll get the cashback.

[quote name='WilliamG']Yes bing is free. However, Bing's terms and conditions explicitly state no coupons can be used with your order or the Bing cashback is voided. Microsoft are pretty hardcore about this, so I wouldn't guarantee you'll get the cashback.[/QUOTE]

Okay that is a bummer. This deal would be great with another $30 off. That would put it in my magic point of buying an XBOX 360 of less than $200 including tax. Well I'm sure we will see better deals than this in the near future as Xbox wants to stay out of the bottom in hardware sales.

Jasper/MIR/coupon code/120HDD/black finish for $200.00 is a GREAT deal. Only thing is that it doesn't come with a controller, but I already have some anyway so no big deal. Nice find, and I noticed Dell has some nice deals up there.

It does? I looked and couldn't find anything about it coming with a controller.

Edit: "a black wireless controller". :shock: Can't believe I missed it right there in the description?

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']Jasper/MIR/coupon code/120HDD/black finish for $200.00 is a GREAT deal. Only thing is that it doesn't come with a controller, but I already have some anyway so no big deal. Nice find, and I noticed Dell has some nice deals up there.[/QUOTE]

Huh, did you read the product description? All Xbox 360's come with a wireless controller, they even throw in the power supply for free. :)

I just talked with live chat, and the sales associate said it is a jasper. He seemed like he knew what he was talking about, so I might have to bite on this and sell my current 360.

Bing maybe or may not work with a coupon, but it doesn't hurt to try--it won't invalidate Dell's coupon or the MS rebate.

[quote name='lee7sauce']Can anyone confirm that this deal works with Bing Cashback? There's a coupon involved.[/QUOTE]
I bought a psp go with the same coupon and bing worked, I wouldnt sweat it.

I want to buy this so badly, except I already have a perfectly working xbox 360 premium. If anyone wants to buy it off me for an insanely cheap price, please do!

Jasper chip, black, 120GB Xbox 360 with one controller = $174.25 if you can fit the BingCB in there as well. Plus, you get free 2nd day shipping...can't even believe that deal. I may just be biting on that...you can't find a deal like that anywhere and you won't be able to find a deal that like for a long while, even on somewhere like eBay.

[quote name='WilliamG']Yes bing is free. However, Bing's terms and conditions explicitly state no coupons can be used with your order or the Bing cashback is voided. Microsoft are pretty hardcore about this, so I wouldn't guarantee you'll get the cashback.[/QUOTE]
Do you know how I can check to see if this purchase was approved by Bing Cashback...also, Live Cashback still owes me money...is that the equivalent of Bing?

I've used cashback before, but I honestly don't see it. They don't even list dell on their website list, did they take it off?

[quote name='nightowl2006']Do you know how I can check to see if this purchase was approved by Bing Cashback...also, Live Cashback still owes me money...is that the equivalent of Bing?[/QUOTE]

I placed an order with dell a few weeks ago and the notification that the order qualified for cashback took about 1 day. MS has changed the name of the program from live to bing, so it is the same thing you used in the past...it just has a new name.

As for all the 'is a jasper?' questions, it is hard to say short of folks getting units in hand, but Dell isn't known for holding on to tons of old inventory (unlike, say microcenter) so the odds are pretty good that they will be very recent hardware...although you never know if MS might find an couple of pallets of older hardware in their warehouses and they end up shipping that to dell

SpazX if you just search Dell on Bing, it'll be at top. And this is probably the best deal I've ever seen, last time it was 5% Binb CB on dell.... I finally FOR REAL pulled the trigger. I couldn't wait anymore. Supposedly Bing doesn't work with coupons, etc, but I've heard people getting this deal to work. Regardless I hope I got my order in time this time. Last time the deal didn't last but a few hours before Dell's stock was gone.

EDIT on the coupon thing... apparently, according to Bing.com the thing that causes COUPONs to void the cash back, is actually from the original site owner themselves (so Dell) - who apparently has no qualms with coupons.

>>What's the deal with coupons or specials at the store?
The cashback program terms and conditions state that coupons could void your cashback rewards. Some stores may allow purchases made using coupons to earn cashback. Your best bet is to check with the store before making a purchase. We need to comply with the policies of stores that ask us to cancel a cashback reward because a coupon was used.

I got it, adblock was blocking it...but they're still not on the list of stores, I guess since it's a "limited time" thing or something.

I had to bite on this deal as well. Great buy even without Bing cashback. I was hoping for the new bundle to pop up on Dell's site but I already traded in a PS3 copy of Lego Batman after I got bored with it and Pure really isn't my type of game (although I'd play it if it came for free).

I tried contacting Dell's CS to ask about the bundle but they had no clue what I was talking about anyway so w/e...

Yeah Dell isn't listed on Bing's sites for CB for some reason, but a search will find it at the top it'll be available. (above search results in a blue box). Anyways, I just wanted to stress again, ANYONE on the fence here - pick it up now... there is no way there's going to be a better deal till after Christmas, and last time SD picked this up, Dell was out in a manner of hours.

Dell's Elites should all be Jasper chipsets by now. They sold out of their previous supply (most of them were Jaspers) and this restock should be their new batch.

This is a smoking hot deal. An Elite for the MSRP price of an Arcade? Yes please.

I'd be all up on this deal if I hadn't recently purchased a used 360 from a fellow CAG for $120. Not the best deal when compared to this one.. but I don't plan on doing that heavy of the gaming on my 360 anyway (I'm a PS3 guy).

Jump on this deal while you can, folks.

Not in the market for any 360 right now but this is about as hot of a deal I've seen for a console in years. I had a 20 GB 360 since launch and it was basically full by the time I managed to get an Elite for 300 last fall.

in for one, $160.24 shipped after bing and rebate (no Dell tax in OR)

edit: used Dell Financing dealie

Sub Total $299.99 Total Discounts -$52.65 Sub Total $247.34 Shipping & Handling $23.99 Shipping Discount -$23.99 Tax $0.00 State Environmental Fee
http://javascript<b></b>:winopen('h...ES,SCROLLBARS=YES,TOOLBAR=NO,LEFT=0,TOP=20'); -- Total $247.34

less Bing $37.10
less Rebate $50.00
==============
$160.24

unsure if keeping or craigslist/half/ebay flipping as I don't have room in media room and need blu-ray (ps3)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Rodster']Huh, did you read the product description? All Xbox 360's come with a wireless controller, they even throw in the power supply for free. :)[/QUOTE]

And if you have been an extra good boy this year.....an owners manual! ;)

I am REALLY tempted to do this. I still have a launch premium unit (never had a problem with it at all) BUT my friend (who camped outside of our local walmart with me for 10 hours) just had his get the RROD a few weeks ago.....That REALLY scares me......so very very tempted....

I did. And get the following message:

Our apologies...

The product you have selected is not currently available for online purchase in the segment you have selected.

[quote name='LCS213']I did. And get the following message:

Our apologies...

The product you have selected is not currently available for online purchase in the segment you have selected.[/QUOTE]

Yep....I think i JUST missed this one.....I get the same message as above....DOH!!!!

[quote name='mrmagoo1974']And if you have been an extra good boy this year.....an owners manual! ;)

I am REALLY tempted to do this. I still have a launch premium unit (never had a problem with it at all) BUT my friend (who camped outside of our local walmart with me for 10 hours) just had his get the RROD a few weeks ago.....That REALLY scares me......so very very tempted....[/QUOTE]

Holy sh*t a launch 360 that's lasted 4 years. Dude you just broke a record. Call MS to see if they'll trade you. :D

bread's done
Back