Xbox 360 Elite in Best Buy's July 8 ad

I still remember when we all debated that there would be more than enough of these and they were overpriced. Yet they're sold out in most places? Strange, but I'll prob pick up one of these once they drop the price.

[quote name='OGHowie']I still remember when we all debated that there would be more than enough of these and they were overpriced. Yet they're sold out in most places? Strange, but I'll prob pick up one of these once they drop the price.[/QUOTE]
I don't think they're sold out. I've seem them quite a few times in stores.

[quote name='whoknows']I don't think they're sold out. I've seem them quite a few times in stores.[/QUOTE]

Damn, might just be my area then.

Yesterday I went out looking for a premium. Nobody had any. I went to Fry's and guess what? They don't have premiums either. All they had were Elites. WTF?

So maybe check your local Fry's if you have one. They were only selling them in a "make-your-own-bundle" deal but you only need to buy any two games or accessories (even cheap/clearance items, as long as they're 360 related). Just watch out for the overpriced accessories and you're good.

[quote name='OGHowie']Damn, might just be my area then.[/quote]

never seen one in LA at any store...and as with the Wii, I ask about them constantly. (Never seen a Wii in the wild either)

[quote name='Foo228']it does include a FREE black controller...[/quote]

Am I missing something here? What is this about pricematching and a free black controller? :whistle2:s

[quote name='OGHowie']Damn, might just be my area then.[/QUOTE]

Its not. I've only seen one once when I was picking up my wife from work. She says they regularly go through them and Wii's the day they put them on the shelf.

Har Har -- you know, this is a direct parallel to the PS3 core thread. Hopefully the same thing happens to the weaksauce fanboy comments.

[quote name='gkrykewy']Har Har -- you know, this is a direct parallel to the PS3 core thread. Hopefully the same thing happens to the weaksauce fanboy comments.[/quote]

Are you trying to instigate something?

Just wondering...since we've only been discussing the deal :eek:

Btw, I'm assuming when you said PS3 core you meant the 20GB model? Otherwise I'm confused :whistle2:s

I had my eye out for one of these for a while and could never score one. Wound up buying a bundle from videogamecentral and used their 18% off coupon.

[quote name='expane']does it come w/ free Red Rings too?>[/quote]

My elite doesn't run hot at all - after 8 hours i can barely feel any heat touching the thing. Pretty sure thats what causes the red ring issue.

[quote name='Pookymeister']I had my eye out for one of these for a while and could never score one. Wound up buying a bundle from videogamecentral and used their 18% off coupon.

My elite doesn't run hot at all - after 8 hours i can barely feel any heat touching the thing. Pretty sure thats what causes the red ring issue.[/quote]

:O

Is the coupon still valid for videogamecentral?

[quote name='Inf^Shini']Am I missing something here? What is this about pricematching and a free black controller? :whistle2:s[/QUOTE]

People are being smart asses as this isn't a deal as it's just regular price, and as such probably should have been posted in the 360 forum.

[quote name='Inf^Shini']:O

Is the coupon still valid for videogamecentral?[/quote]
Should be, 'cheapvgcgamer'

Worked out to be $530 shipped for the Elite, 2nd wireless contr. , Gears, and saints row. Considering it would be $510 after tax just for the elite its not a bad deal at all.
(though after i ordered they bumped price up $15 and changed choices for games)

[quote name='OGHowie']I thought the deal was that it came with a extra black controller for free?[/quote]

no i didn't mean to confuse anybody...i meant that it (shockingly?) includes a controller just like every other system nowadays

Arguing about consoles is pretty stupid, arguing whether this is a deal or not is pretty stupid too. Here's a secret, shhh, don't tell anyone, there are people called admins and they know what they're doing.

As for me, I won't be buying any version of the 360 yet, but I do see 1-2 elites in each store that vanish in a few days, I guess they're selling pretty well.

I am definitely going to wait for the new chipset before I even consider thinking about buying an XBox360. Too many horror stories.

A little off topic, but anyone else hate the fact that the system is more dark gray and not as black as the controllers. Wtf?

[quote name='4tygames']I am definitely going to wait for the new chipset before I even consider thinking about buying an XBox360. Too many horror stories.[/quote]

Same here.

Chipset is supposed to lower the temp on the system right? I believe the console is supposed to be released with the new CPU sometime this fall, at least according to everywhere I've read about it.

[quote name='Pookymeister']Should be, 'cheapvgcgamer'

Worked out to be $530 shipped for the Elite, 2nd wireless contr. , Gears, and saints row. Considering it would be $510 after tax just for the elite its not a bad deal at all.
(though after i ordered they bumped price up $15 and changed choices for games)[/quote]

Damn, that's an awesome deal. Thanks for posting that.

Is the Elite that tough to find or do most people check 1 place once a week and then determine its uber rare? Ive seen them every few days at various places.

if only i found an elite before..though im thinking about going back to costco with my premium and then getting an elite :lol:

I wound up getting a Premium instead. Turns out that might not be a bad idea. Or at least getting a Core and the big HDD, since there's a thirdparty company coming out with an HDMI AV cable that is confirmed to handle 1080p as good as the Elite can. Essentially, the Elite is just a black Xbox with no advantages. Not with a new AV cable and the HDD available standalone. All you really miss out on with a Core + HDD combo is a wireless controller instead of wireless. But I figure the wired one is better in the long run since eventually Microsoft is going to abandon this console (ie: mainly the battery packs) as they did with the first Xbox. Hell, you can't even buy a Controller S anymore unless you can find an overpriced Chinese knockoff on eBay that doesn't even have the Xbox emblem.

(though after i ordered they bumped price up $15 and changed choices for games)[/QUOTE]

Really not a bad deal at all. Saint's Row is still there, but not Gears.

Luckily I found one when there was a signifigant shipement in my area. Now theyre are none. I had a premium and it died..I performed the X clamp replacement mod on it and it was fixed. So I traded that in. :cool:

[quote name='OGHowie']A little off topic, but anyone else hate the fact that the system is more dark gray and not as black as the controllers. Wtf?[/QUOTE]

Yes, I thought I was the only one who noticed that. Drives me nuts.

[quote name='MrNEWZ']Really not a bad deal at all. Saint's Row is still there, but not Gears.[/quote]

I had already traded a CAG for Gears CE so i turned around and sold it for $40, making it $490 for Elite, 2nd cont and Saints. Even better :)

[quote name='GizmoGC']Is the Elite that tough to find or do most people check 1 place once a week and then determine its uber rare? Ive seen them every few days at various places.[/quote]

Yea I see it in my area at almost all retailers, and even when I note that it isn't in certain stores, it seems that they get additional units the following week. Seems that it is limited in some areas of the country, but its readily available in many others.

[quote name='GizmoGC']Is the Elite that tough to find or do most people check 1 place once a week and then determine its uber rare? Ive seen them every few days at various places.[/QUOTE]

I check with my wife every day she comes home from work, which is usually at least 5 days a week.

For those who might have tried to pick up an Elite from VideoGameCentral, let me chime in that their customer service has been atrocious.

I order the system Friday/Saturday. Not only did the total BEFORE I click submit include the coupon, but after clicking submit (since it's a Yahoo store), there's no way to alter the order at all. I noticed, in reviewing my e-mail that the confirmation DID NOT INCLUDE my 18% off.

They waited to call me on MONDAY after they closed to confirm my order. I was told to call back on a voice mail, but not that day since they were closed.

When I called back, I was put on hold for some time. Then, after confirming the order *I* mentioned the issue with the price changing AFTER I clicked submit. They commented that the coupon expired.

If the coupon expired, it expired on Monday. Days AFTER my order. I'd recommend to avoid, but based on the nature of this exchange--- I'm going to fight this or, based on the bait and switch of the coupon after I clicked submit--- take it to the Better Business Bureau.

I have only seen this system once at Target. To be honest I'd prefer a black core system or black premium since I don't have my own HDTV.

So what's the story on the Elite is it going to be a limited edition/quantity system or just high demand for it like the Wii?

It's not limited... got one yesterday at BB in Dallas, there was one more left. So what's this deal? I don't see it in CAG ad... is it just an extra controller? I should be able to PM : )

BTW, I bought it since my Premium died and the wife wanted a 2nd. The HDMI makes a BIG difference over component, much more than I expected. I'm still skeptical about this 3rd party HDMI cable, but if that works, cool : )

i saw a bunch of these earlier in the week at the Woodland Hills, CA Fry's. Not sure if they're still there though.

(though after i ordered they bumped price up $15 and changed choices for games)[/QUOTE]

wait, where is the link to that deal? because I cant find anything about the elite in the 8th ad.

Costco.com has these in stock right now. Even though I paid an extra $16 for the shipping, its nice to know that I'm covered with thier return policy.

Link

bread's done
Back