Xbox 360 exclusives vs. PS3 exclusives

zoobo

CAGiversary!
I have a pretty good PC rig here but i'm thinking about purchasing a console. Most of 360 games are on the PC and i prefer to play on the PC. Which exclusives do you guys think that should help me decide on this? Thanks! :D

I prefer the 360 over the PS3 straight up, but with your scenario (especially since you prefer the PC to begin with) a PS3 is probably the way to go.

Only caveats are some of the biggest games on the 360 are not on the PC though (ie Reach & Gears), if that matters to you. If you care about Rock Band at all, RB owners get better treatment on the 360 (as far as downloadable content options).

I would definitely say PS3. Not only do I like them and think they are better but Sony has been coming out with at more exclusives and are coming with more this year too

This thread is ripe for turning into a fanboy war.

I agree with KaneRobot on the fact that if you already have a PC rig, that you might want to go PS3 for the other exclusives. If you like baseball, it's almost a no brainer. (Thought 2K is improving little by little.)

The only thing that sucks is the PS3 controller is very different and I never got used to it. It's fine but if you've been using a microsoft controller for a while, it just doesn't feel right.

That's why my go to console is the xbox. But the ps3 might be your best best for variety.

I dont think either has any great exclusives. There are a few good ones on PS3 and a few good ones on Xbox. I wouldnt buy a console based on exclusive titles. Unless you are in love with God or War or with Halo.

[quote name='musha666']I dont think either has any great exclusives. There are a few good ones on PS3 and a few good ones on Xbox. I wouldnt buy a console based on exclusive titles. Unless you are in love with God or War or with Halo.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='PenguinMaster']Uncharted[/QUOTE]

I personally have a gaming PC and PS3 and I am pretty happy with the set up. The PS3 has some different games like Demon Souls and LittleBigPlanet that give an experience that you can't get on the PC.

Being primarily a PC gamer, the 360 had little appeal, since some of the exclusives would get PC translations, and what doesn't (Halo, Gears Of War) has little attraction to me.

Actually, some of the exclusives of the PS3 did attract me. Being someone who has a PS2, the Ratchet & Clank games were an attraction. So was Infamous, Valkyria Chronicles and the upcoming Ni No Kuni. While I'm not a huge fan of the Uncharted series, I did play Uncharted 2. I've also played Heavenly Sword, a solid God Of War knockoff.

[quote name='confoosious']This thread is ripe for turning into a fanboy war.

I agree with KaneRobot on the fact that if you already have a PC rig, that you might want to go PS3 for the other exclusives. If you like baseball, it's almost a no brainer. (Thought 2K is improving little by little.)

The only thing that sucks is the PS3 controller is very different and I never got used to it. It's fine but if you've been using a microsoft controller for a while, it just doesn't feel right.

That's why my go to console is the xbox. But the ps3 might be your best best for variety.[/QUOTE]I think the PS3 controller is better for everything.

[quote name='jello44']Why is it every time someone mentions the exclusives for the 360 they always mention Halo and Gears, but never Forza? :([/QUOTE]

Because its sucks compared to GT5 you traitor :)

You have a PC, just save the money. I am sure you have plenty of games for your PC that you still need to play. And if you REALLY need to play a game, beg one of your friends to borrow their console for like a week.

[quote name='confoosious']This thread is ripe for turning into a fanboy war.

That's why my go to console is the xbox. But the ps3 might be your best best for variety.[/QUOTE]

lol all one vs the other posts end up that way so i say this to the op. watch videos of games from the consoles youve heard about and then choose what you like.

Well, I just jumped on board the 360 train after being a PS3 user for years. And I'm loving it at the moment. The shooters and action titles are a great breath of fresh air for me.

However, if you're big on JRPGs, I highly suggest you stick with the PS3. Fable 3, Alan Wake, and quite a few other nifty titles for the 360 are also readily available on the PC (well, Alan Wake will be shortly, anyways).

I don't really think it comes down to exclusives, but rather which ones your friends play on more too. So I'd take that into consideration if you just pick up one or the other.

Thank you guys for the honest and mature opinions. It's certainly a topic for flamewar, but i wanted to hear about people who were in the same situation as me and made a decision. I'll probably get a PS3, since Halo is the only 360 exclusive i have my eyes on.

BTW Is the PS3 motion thing any good? :D

Thank you guys for the honest and mature opinions. It's certainly a topic for flamewar, but i wanted to hear about people who were in the same situation as me and made a decision. I'll probably get a PS3, since Halo is the only 360 exclusive i have my eyes on.

BTW Is the PS3 motion thing any good? :D

[quote name='PenguinMaster']No, but it's better than Kinect.[/QUOTE]

You might want to read this first, before listening to PenguinMaster

Most reviews that you read on the internet will agree that PS Move was pretty bad, while Kinect actually tries (and kinda but not really succeeds) at dosing something new

[quote name='MrPiggles']You might want to read this first, before listening to PenguinMaster

Most reviews that you read on the internet will agree that PS Move was pretty bad, while Kinect actually tries (and kinda but not really succeeds) at dosing something new[/QUOTE]

I certainly wouldn't argue that the Kinect tries to do something new. In practice the Move was a worse version of the Wii (though they used different technologies). Kinect is unique, but wasn't well done at all. I think the Kinect has more room for improvement and could be better with improved technology. As it currently stands, neither is good but Kinect is worse.

I'm a 360 guy at heart (have all 3) but I vote for checking YouTube on games you might like and trying out controllers. I imagine too much overlap with a 360/PC combo though. PS3 might be the way to go.

As for Kinect, it has some decent titles, but they are certainly few and far between. Gunstringer, Child of Eden & Fruit Ninja are all excellent.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']I think the PS3 controller is better for everything.[/QUOTE]

Hell yeah! It's the best controller money can buy... if this was still 1997. :p

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xbox_360_exclusives#Microsoft_Xbox_360

Heres a list of all PS3, Wii, 360 exclusives (this link goes down to the 360 section). It also shows console if only console exclusive (IE Witcher 2 and Alan Wake)

So if you go 360:
Some decent JRPGS (Blue Dragon, Lost Odyssey, Magna Carta 2, Infinite Undiscovery, Tales of Vesperia was OK)
So-So Open World Mayhem (Crackdown 1, Crackdown 2, Saints Row 1 but SR2 and SR3 were multi)
Very good racing titles (PGR 3,PGR4, Forza 2,3,4)
Shooter Heaven (Gears 2,3. The first was on the PC with extra content. Halo 3,4, Reach etc.)
Shootem Ups to! (Raiden IV, Deathsmiles, Otomedius Excellent)
Couple of unique good ones (Viva Pinata 1+2, Halo Wars, Fable 2 is OK, Dance Central series, various Kinect games such a Steel Battalian)
XBLA Titles: Fez, Shadow Complex, etc.

PS3 definitely has better exclusives, especially if you take out the shooting games.

Edit: Edit for XBLA exclusives and added Tales of Vesperia, Steel Battalian

Last edited by a moderator:
Got a PS3 and so far, so good. Multiplayer is good, but online play sucks. Also, loading times are ridiculous.

Does anyone recommend something other than a damn FPS?

I have both consoles. Neither have exclusives that appeal to me enough to have made my decision. For the 360 I like the control better but the PS3 has free Netflix and online. Plus, with having both, when there is a good deal for one or the other, you don't have to worry that it's not for your console. Good exclusive for 360 are Forza if you like driving, Gears 3 if you like Horde, and some good JRPGs. PS3 has Heavy Rain and Valkaria Chronicles.

[quote name='zoobo']I have a pretty good PC rig here but i'm thinking about purchasing a console. Most of 360 games are on the PC and i prefer to play on the PC. Which exclusives do you guys think that should help me decide on this? Thanks! :D[/QUOTE]
I think the PS3 would be the better option for you. The PC is basically an upgraded xbox 360 without some of the xbox exclusive titles. I'm pretty sure Steam provides a pretty similar experience to xbox live gold without the membership fees.

The PS3 offers a lot of stuff besides games such as blu-ray and apps like amazon/netflix/hulu. The PS3 also has exclusive titles beyond the ones that come out from Sony's 1st party studios. Some niche Japanese games only come out for PS3 if your into Japanese games. Games are also region free on PS3. You also have access to free MMOs like DC Universe and Free Realms. Dust 514 is a free to play FPS which is coming soon exclusively to PS3 also.

As for if you should purchase a PS Move, I would lean toward no since Sony doesn't seem to be supporting it as much anymore. I do like the Kinect but not for games, more for controlling the UI with voice commands and hand motions.

People tend to forget an amazing array of XBLA exclusives 360 has.
If you love Rareware games (HD remakes of Banjo Kazooie, Banjo Tooie, Perfect Dark, Jetpac Re-fuelled), but then amazing shooters (Radiant Silvergun, Guwange, Rez, Ikaruga, R-Type Dimensions), list goes on and on.
On the flipside PSN has great selection of PSN Classics (domestic and imports).

PS3 has a much stronger library of exclusives imo. Uncharted, God Of War, Infamous. Journey is a short but awesome PSN game everyone should play at some point.

Some of the upcoming games should also be amazing:

The Last Of Us, Ni No Kuni, and Sly 4. Also The Last Guardian if it ever releases..

Other PS3 exclusives coming up: Starhawk, Warrior's Lair, Ratchet n Clank Collection, Datura

[quote name='zoobo']
BTW Is the PS3 motion thing any good? :D[/QUOTE]

I picked up the motion controlled with a sharpshooter during the black Friday sales. It definitely works well. I'm not a big fan of motion controlled games, in general, but I really enjoyed playing house of the dead overkill , and resistance using the sharpshooter (with motion controller).

People always state that the move sucks or there are no games for it and it blows my mind... because when you comapre it to the kinect, and you eliminate dance based games the list of decent games that incorporates the FULL use of the Move vs the Full use of the Kinect Sensor is like 3 to 1

Move:

RE5
Heavy Rain
Killzone 3
SOCOM 4
Resistance 3
House of the Dead
Ninja Gaiden
Time Crisis
PS Move Heroes
Sorcery (To Be Released)
Bioshock Infinite (To Be Released)
Child of Eden
Epic Mickey 2 (To Be Released)
Goldeneye Reloaded
MAG

Kinect:

Star Wars (wait... that's a dance game)
Rise of Nightmares
A bunch of young kid or dance games

PS3 seems to have better exclusives to me, also, they are coming out with quite a few HD collections in the future if you missed any of the games during the PS2 era. The marketplace has more in terms of backwards compatibility than the Xbox 360 has, as the Xbox 360 only has a few games on the marketplace and they are hidden but you can play a select list of original Xbox game discs on it. But those are hard to find these days unless you are shopping on ebay, much harder to find than PS2 games. Based on what I have seen the PS3 looks like it still has a lot of life left as there are quite a few big name exclusives coming. It also has better JRPG's, as the Xbox 360 has only a couple, but Xbox does have tales of vesperia which you can't get on any other console in America.

Xbox 360 had some great RPGs, but new RPGs are pretty much PS3 going forward. Wtih Disgaea, Atelier, Ni no Kuni, Tales of Graces and possibile Xillia.

If you like shooters get the 360, gears and halo are two great experiences the ps3 has no answer for, killzone 3 is good, but not as good as those two imo.

On the other side, as someone who loves games, uncharted, God of war 3, infamous series, and heavy rain are all games I cant imagine not being able to play.

online is better on the 360, but u pay.

Ps3 has blu ray, but mandatory installed suck and will chew up some of your gaming time.

The end.

[quote name='Abear21']If you like shooters get the 360, gears and halo are two great experiences the ps3 has no answer for, killzone 3 is good, but not as good as those two imo.

On the other side, as someone who loves games, uncharted, God of war 3, infamous series, and heavy rain are all games I cant imagine not being able to play.

online is better on the 360, but u pay.

Ps3 has blu ray, but mandatory installed suck and will chew up some of your gaming time.

The end.[/QUOTE]
I have both consoles and all this pretty much sums it up.

bread's done
Back