Xbox 360 faceplates at 99 cent stores

Well, I don't know if they weren't out yet or if I was looking in the wrong place, but after checking that picture, I went back and wouldn't you know, they had TONS of them. I picked up all three and put the carbon one on (usually I have a silver one). The carbon is pretty nice and the blue is pretty if you keep your 360 vertical (which I don't). The Woody one is just plain ugly -- I have no idea why there would be a big red stripe down the middle; it just looks wrong.

[quote name='sailorjensen']They deffinetly do stock them in some 99 cent stores. 3 out of 4 I found in a 15 mile radius had them. Mostly the wood ones, a few hot rods and some carbon fiber....wait no more carbon fiber as I bought them all LoL. Pamona and Covina in CA had plenty left. Mostly in Pamona.[/quote]

Where's Pamona ? (Just messin with you Bro)

[quote name='jdeluis']Ok. For those of you having trouble locating them. Here is a picture of how some locations have them in display.

PIC-0025.jpg
[/quote]

Not at the one I went to...it looks like this:
photogl0.jpg

The store I went to has a small electronics section...that's where I found it. Scored the last Carbon faceplate, along with a Woody.

[quote name='LinkinPrime'] Scored the last Carbon faceplate, along with a Woody.[/QUOTE]

I'm glad you were so happy to find that Carbon faceplate, Linkin!

:D

Went back to the one I went to last night and they had them by the hammer section :D Carbon and Woody.This ones at 51st ave & Indian School.

City of Industry / Rowland Hts ( Colima / Nogales, 91748) had only the Woody left. Someone just before me literally 'horded' all the Hot Rod blue ones... Very disappointed... even commented to him bout that just before he left to pay... Anywaz, the Woody ones, whats left (about 20) is on the bottom shelf, rear endcap near their 'electronics / hardware' but more towards dishware and opposite of toys along the rear wall...

Hacienda Hts (Hacienda Blvd / Gale) manage to pick up two of the Hot Rod blue. No Carbons. They had two more blue plates left, and the rest were Woody.

Guess my travels tomorrow will require me to find the very elusive Carbon ones...

I just bought a Carbon one yesterday in Westminster, they had a lot of them. Too bad I don't have a 360, just bought one just to have if I ever do get one.

The one star had them in two different spots-- in the back by toys and in aisle 3 (I can't tell what it was next to, never went there)
Also, don't be afraid to ask! Shockingly both stores knew immediately what I was talking about and directed me there. Not bad for a 99 cent store!

[quote name='Darkflight']City of Industry / Rowland Hts ( Colima / Nogales, 91748) had only the Woody left. Someone just before me literally 'horded' all the Hot Rod blue ones... Very disappointed... even commented to him bout that just before he left to pay... Anywaz, the Woody ones, whats left (about 20) is on the bottom shelf, rear endcap near their 'electronics / hardware' but more towards dishware and opposite of toys along the rear wall...

Hacienda Hts (Hacienda Blvd / Gale) manage to pick up two of the Hot Rod blue. No Carbons. They had two more blue plates left, and the rest were Woody.

Guess my travels tomorrow will require me to find the very elusive Carbon ones...[/quote]

Did you check the one on Whittier blvd by Whittwood center ?

Went back to the 1st store I went to and they did have them, Woody and Hotrod. This ones at 75th Ave & Thomas. 3 Pegs in the back of the store in the toy wall.

Five Below at the Gallery in Philly has them (saw it last week) -- but I don't know how much they cost, they didn't have a sticker. Plenty of carbons and wood ones.
I'll be back there in a week or so if anyone wants me to check.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']I HAVE to get the Woody. Thanks OP![/quote]

I have tons of emmmmmm...... I have a custom one for my Wii.. Sorry I just couldn't leave that one alone.. But really I have the Woody on my 360 now and it was cheapish at Kmart if you still find them, not $1 cheap buy maybe $2 if I recall..

[quote name='newantt']Went back to the one I went to last night and they had them by the hammer section :D Carbon and Woody.This ones at 51st ave & Indian School.[/quote]

Thanks for the info, I had to hit 4 stores in the Phoenix area to get 3 different faceplates:

2315 E Bell Road - Had none, but they'd had them and sold out.
12805 N Tatum Blvd - had none on display but a lady was good enough to look in the back for me and found a box of 6 Hot Rod, I took one so there's 5 left
1240 E Indian School Road - Only had Woody, but they had lots of them
4105 N 51st Avenue - Had 2 carbon and 3 woodys, I bought a carbon

As someone else said, the employess were really helpful finding them in all the stores.

I went to the one off of Brookhurst in HB, CA they had about 20 or so there, maybe more. I felt like a giant in that store with all the aisle being so low lol. They were by the tools section, they also had some really cheap looking wiimote covers.

wow i wish there was a 99cent store here in new york. i really want that blue one. its looks sweet :) also what does the carbon one look like?

DAMN! None of these stores are on the east coast.

Can anyone hook me up with a woody, hot rod and carbon? I can paypal the ca$h immediately.

Thanks folks!:)

Got all three at the one in Santa Ana. They also had Wii sleeves, a switchbox for the original Xbox, and a bunch of random accessories for the iPod and Zune. Some really nice stuff, actually.

There were also some dumb 360 "controller cradles" by Intec that I bought. They don't do anything but hold your controllers upright on a table. Kind of stupid, but screw it, they were a buck.

I will be going to the 99c store @ Hacienda/Francisquito tomorrow.

In case anyone is interested, I'll post the results. I would go tonight, but I'm pretty damn busy. Good thread btw.

I have several extra sealed faceplates if anyone is interested.

1 x silver
1 x wooden
1 x blue (not sure of the actual name, but it's a 1st party)
1 x Forza 2

All sealed, though some of the packaging may not be mint.

If anyone's interested, let me know, and we can work something out.

Man, that Woody one is even uglier when you see it in person. Of course, I picked up 1 of each (Carbon, Hotrod and Woody). :lol:

[quote name='Wingwright']I will be going to the 99c store @ Hacienda/Francisquito tomorrow.

In case anyone is interested, I'll post the results. I would go tonight, but I'm pretty damn busy. Good thread btw.[/quote]

i went to the one on nogales and colima today and didnt see anything

went to the one in Lake Elsinore yesterday, got the last Carbon Fiber. They had a few Blue Hot Rods and tons of the Woody ones.

The 99 cent store on Lincoln/Knott in socal has TONS of them in stock. I bought 2 carbon fibers and a wood one (1 CF for me, 1 for buddy, wood one spare in case i might ever need one). They still had craploads of them there.

Also, douchebags are putting them on craigslist for 5 bucks each. One idiot has 132 of them for sale.

Huge thanks to the OP for posting this btw. Very much appreciate it.

The 99 cent store in Granada Hills (Balboa/Chatsworth) has only woody's. According to a friend they had a 'bazillion' on monday, when i went they had 8 left after the ones i picked up.

I haven't tested my painting skills since kindergarten. Here goes attempt #1 for a college themed faceplate

If anyone wants to buy a faceplate, let me know because I am going to be selling them. Just let me know which one and the price you'll pay.
(Haven't decided on the price yet...)

This is my first time posting here. I had so much fun hunting for this deal, I thought I might share with everyone what I found. I went to four 99 Cent stores in the San Gabriel Valley area, 3 out of 4 stores carry the faceplates. The stores at Montebello and El Monte only have the Woody. The one at Temple City has nothing at all. The store at Alhambra carry all three. There's probably only 1 carbon version left at that store.

[quote name='greyzieoriental']anyone in vegas check the 99 cent stores yet?[/QUOTE]

Buffalo & Lake Mead had tons when I picked mine up about 9-10 days ago. I certainly haven't ventured back into the store since then, though.

the 99¢ store in lake forest, ca had about 6-7 blue covers. no woody or carbon. :{ i guess i'll go to huntington beach, ca :/

I went to a San Diego 99 cent store on Imperial ave and they had a lot of the carbon fiber ones and woodies... cant remember if I saw any others. The carbon fiber looked pretty good on my premium 360; I dont think itd look as good on my arcade because of the white (not chrome) bezel on the DVD but I might get another one.

Thanks OP. Seen this thread before but never bothered to check the 99 cent store. Finally checked today and saw a ton of Woodys and one Carbon (they were in the "electronics" section. Picked up the Carbon and a Woody - thought about picking up a second Woody to play with Customization.

[quote name='jdeluis']Well I was able to find only the Wood faceplate at the 99 Cents only store. The store is located on Pico and Valencia in Los Angeles.

Wood looks pretty good. Might look better on an Elite model.

PIC-0024.jpg
[/quote]

For 99 cents that is looking awesome, but for full price, that is looking like my throwup.

[quote name='PimpBot2000']I went back today to pick up a few extra faceplates and spotted this:

IMG_99.jpg
[/quote]

saw those too but no 360 face plates. Are they in the same aisle?

bread's done
Back