Xbox 360 fight stick deals? Hori SE EX ?

vlad86

CAG Veteran
Damn...I noticed posts that the Hori EX SE was going for 89.99 and the SE was going for 79.99 a two months ago on amazon. Now I can only find them for 100-139+ for the SE EX......and 100+ for the SE. Anyone know any deals going on anywhere? I contacted Hori and there even sold out of the EX SE so Im curious if this means that there not making anymore??? That would suck cause I dont want to buy the MadCatz TE due to the fact that I heard if you have any problems with the buttons or sticks its a complete pain to take apart.

I can't help you with the Hori sticks, but replacing the buttons and joystick on the Mad Catz TE or SE couldn't get much easier. The buttons are on quick disconnects (no soldering required) and just snap in and out on the top panel . Six screws hold the top panel on and it just takes an allen wrench to unscrew them. If you go with Mad Catz, get the TE, don't waste your money on the SE.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you're hellbent on getting the HRAP EX try ebay they sort of hover around that 80-90 dollar price point. But like Bretts said changing parts on the Madcatz TE really couldn't be any easier

i own the street fighter se stick, tekken 6 hori stick, and the street fighter te-s stick. i would save the money and get the TE stick its by far one of the best sticks ive ever used.. yea you can mod the se stick but money you would spend on that when your done would be just about the same out come as if you got a te stick maybe even more..

I feel where you guys are coming from. I just prefer the Hori over the TE due to price and reading that the Hori is very very solidly built compared to the TE but dont get me wrong I would totally buy a TE if the price were right unfortunately I see them generally for $130+ shipped. If any you guys come across a good price on a Hori EX SE or a TE feel free to post a reply or shoot me message. On another note does anyone here has experience purchasing from Amazon Warehouse? (returned items discounted) I found an EX SE there for $100 flat shipped but Im worried someone bought it and swapped something out of it and im sure the testing isnt to extensive other then plug it in and wiggle the joystick so I dont know If I should grab it or just wait it out to see if they'll discount them anytime soon. I still cant beleive there $120 now and they were $89.00 before...doesnt make sense! I even contacted Hori cause the Hori store has the EX SE for $99.00 new and its sold out? I guess that means there dont manufacturing them or something.

[quote name='vlad86']I feel where you guys are coming from. I just prefer the Hori over the TE due to price and reading that the Hori is very very solidly built compared to the TE but dont get me wrong I would totally buy a TE if the price were right unfortunately I see them generally for $130+ shipped. If any you guys come across a good price on a Hori EX SE or a TE feel free to post a reply or shoot me message. On another note does anyone here has experience purchasing from Amazon Warehouse? (returned items discounted) I found an EX SE there for $100 flat shipped but Im worried someone bought it and swapped something out of it and im sure the testing isnt to extensive other then plug it in and wiggle the joystick so I dont know If I should grab it or just wait it out to see if they'll discount them anytime soon. I still cant beleive there $120 now and they were $89.00 before...doesnt make sense! I even contacted Hori cause the Hori store has the EX SE for $99.00 new and its sold out? I guess that means there dont manufacturing them or something.[/QUOTE]

You waited until a bad time, Marvel vs Capcom 3 jacked up prices across the board so it will probably be a few months before things return to normal.

I feel you guys...bad timing on my part and since MK9 is coming out soon its looking even worse for me lol.....Im sure I can find a price drop somewhere....I usually stay on top of my game I mean jeeze I even looked at actual Japanese websites to see if I can score one cheaper but I they dont ship internationally

Just scored a new Hori SE EX for $107 shipped brand new ($99 for the controller plus $7.65 shipping from NJ to CA for UPS Ground) from gameexpress.com. I also found out that all the EX and SE EX models are discontinued because I guess Hori is going to release a line of new products in April. I have a feeling by what coolsteel said it wont be for a while that you'll see a price drop on these sticks...I even looked all over for a TE and there going anywhere from 139 to 199 and thats just ridiculous.. Im still bummed I couldnt score the SE EX for 90 flat from Amazon 2 months ago but who would of known. Anyways I posted in the deal in the deals section as well.

bread's done
Back