Xbox 360 Final Fantasy XI Pre-order for $50 @ gamestop.com

dyreschlock

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
after playing the beta for a little while, i started looking into the actual price of Final Fantasy XI. To my surprise i noticed that gamestop.com had a pricedrop for the game. from $59.99 down to $49.99.

200154bm.jpg

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=200154

not a bad deal for a new Xbox 360 game, though you'd have to pay online fees anyways. It's still $60 at best buy and walmart, so i assume it's only a gamestop.com sale.

jeez...it should be $30 tops. this game is a hundred trillion years old and you have to pay extra to play it.

Seriously, who cares if it's $50 or $60, it's $10/month to play (right?), that's $120 a year.. on top of $50/year for XBL fees.. so to play this game for a full year, you'll need the game ($50), XBL ($50), and a year's worth of gaming ($120).. $220 to play one game for a full year? I'll definately pass.

[quote name='Scorch']Seriously, who cares if it's $50 or $60, it's $10/month to play (right?), that's $120 a year.. on top of $50/year for XBL fees.. so to play this game for a full year, you'll need the game ($50), XBL ($50), and a year's worth of gaming ($120).. $220 to play one game for a full year? I'll definately pass.[/QUOTE]

I agree, they should budget the title, most of their revenue will come from the monthly fee's anyways. Its's kind of cool that it has all the expansions though.

[quote name='Scorch']Seriously, who cares if it's $50 or $60, it's $10/month to play (right?), that's $120 a year.. on top of $50/year for XBL fees.. so to play this game for a full year, you'll need the game ($50), XBL ($50), and a year's worth of gaming ($120).. $220 to play one game for a full year? I'll definately pass.[/QUOTE]

YOU DO NOT NEED TO HAVE XBOX LIVE GOLD TO PLAY MMORPGS ON THE XBOX 360! :D

But that still dosnt mean that FFIX is worth it. You are paying $170 for a very old game that is now lacking in many catagories, including graphics. The Beta will be my fix for sure, then back to WOW for me.

this game needs to be $10 or $20. budget title. come on, just because its on a new system doesn't change its an OLD game.

[quote name='Scorch']Seriously, who cares if it's $50 or $60, it's $10/month to play (right?), that's $120 a year[/QUOTE]

Actually it's something like $13 a month, but if you choose to, you don't have to play every month. You could "suspend" your acount, and you will have up to 3 months to "reactivate" your account and come back to the game, or afterwards your character wil be deleted.

I have FFXI for the Ps2. After today I'm going to suspend it, and come back around March or April. I only play four times out of the year, so I pay approx $55 a year, not the whole $120.

Some advice for those who are getting into FFXI: You will get lost in the game so you might want to look into some websites that could help you progress. A couple are ffvault.ign.com and ffxi.allakazham.com. One more thing: by level 15, it will be time to party with other players.

Square-Enix has announced that the MSRP of this game will be $49.99 and will include all 3 expanion packs including the new one due in April.

[quote name='Dijital']Square-Enix has announced that the MSRP of this game will be $49.99 and will include all 3 expanion packs including the new one due in April.[/QUOTE]

That's not a bad deal, then.

If WOW was to come out on :360: I'd probobly try that. I've never MMORPG'd before, I have the beta for FFXI and I'm curious but not sure If/when I'll install to try it out.

bread's done
Back