XBOX 360 Free 300 MS Points When Using Visa Card

intoxicated662

CAGiversary!
Feedback
219 (99%)
You have to download the free visa gamer picture pack on xbox live or xbox.com first then purchase the points on the xbox 360 dashboard. From 9/1/09-9/31/09 buy at least 2000 or more microsoft points at one time to use on xbox with your visa card and get 300 ms points free. The ms points must be used by 6/31/10.

2000 points is $25 so you're getting $3.75 of free ms points extra. Not bad if you don't want to buy a 4000 point card you can get half and spend half and get this bonus free or for those who'd rather purchase on the dashboard instead of going out and buying them at a store.

info from visa customer service.
All free points from Visa will be awarded via an email to
the gamertag email address on file for the Xbox LIVE
account within two (2) weeks of the end of the promotion
(9/30/09) Microsoft Promotion Points codes that are not
redeemed by 11:59:59 pm ET on 6/30/2010 are void.

There is another option available for any of you afraid of linking your visa card to your Live account. Most card companies give you the ability to create a "single use" number for online transactions. I logged into my Visa account and created one for this very purpose last Friday. I put a $30 spending limit and a 2 month transaction life. After the $ amount is spent or the time expires, the number is no longer valid.

Why are you guys so scared? Cards can be DELETED if they aren't attached to an active subscription (in retard terms: If you're NOT using that card to pay for your Xbox Live subscription). Quit spreading FUD around... my lord.

Finally saw this on my dashboard last night. Gonna go for it later today. Works out to a slightly better deal than ordering the 1600 point cards with ECA from Amazon.

I don't see the big deal, either. I've used my card to buy points on Live and have had no problem. Some of the reactions here remind me of what senior citizens would say, honestly. Like Microsoft is going to go charging the hell out of your card.

Now I can see not wanting to do your Gold subscription on your card, but I don't do that anyway, since you can always find deals if you buy them in stores.

Shame I don't have a visa card anymore. I don't get people coming in saying stuff like $xx is a better deal, then disappearing without linking us to one or even replying anymore. Like they're just here to show off and troll the thread. -_-;;

We're all still waiting. I believe the last revision of the offer details (before they removed the page) stated points will be received by Oct. 15th.

I week to go ...

Just got an email from Visa about this promotion. Three codes that you have to enter. I almost forgot about this but looks like Visa came through.

[quote name='Treythalomew']Just got an email from Visa about this promotion. Three codes that you have to enter. I almost forgot about this but looks like Visa came through.[/QUOTE]

Ditto.

Email via MailChimp (which verifies as suspected the points were not distributed from Microsoft directly). 3 codes, 100 MSpoints each, all valid.

:bouncy:

Got my visa confirmation codes today, 3 - 100 ms pt codes. If you don't get them today or even tomorrow their promo disclaimer says they have until the 13th or the 15th, I forget.

Did anyone else notice the disclaimer attached to these if you went through XboxLive.com to redeem them? It basically said you have until June or July (sorry, been a whole day already, heh) 2010 to use the points or else they'd be cleared from your account. Obviously I and many others will burn through 300 points no problem but I like to keep around 8000 points in my account at all times. I'm guessing that like a credit card these particular 300 points are at the tail end of what is already in one's account. If that's true it means I would have to burn through like 9100 points without adding any additional points to my account and then use the 300 points or else they will disappear next year.

Just posting my theory on this.

[quote name='gar3']Did anyone else notice the disclaimer attached to these if you went through XboxLive.com to redeem them? It basically said you have until June or July (sorry, been a whole day already, heh) 2010 to use the points or else they'd be cleared from your account. Obviously I and many others will burn through 300 points no problem but I like to keep around 8000 points in my account at all times. I'm guessing that like a credit card these particular 300 points are at the tail end of what is already in one's account. If that's true it means I would have to burn through like 9100 points without adding any additional points to my account and then use the 300 points or else they will disappear next year.

Just posting my theory on this.[/QUOTE]

Why would you have 8000 points in your account at all times? At the most I keep around 1600 points and that pretty much covers anything XBL has ever released that I care for. I have points card in my home for backup, but I don't redeem them until I need them. Right now I have 2400 pts and nothing to use them on in months to come, but most games have DLC now so I know I will find something.

[quote name='nightmare452']Why would you have 8000 points in your account at all times?[/QUOTE]
Does it really matter how many points I want to keep in my account? I mean, truly? I could have 40,000 points and it still doesn't change the fact of the disclaimer attached to these "free" 300 points. Again, whether someone has 800 points or 40,000 points in their account the point is moot. The fact is these "free" 300 points could and probably will disappear if you keep a balance.

If someone recently went after the Dell point deal of $40 for 4000 points and bought two of 'em to get the free shipping, they would be like me and have 8000 points if not more in their account before this Visa dealio. After adding these 300 Visa points, these people (like me) would have to totally burn through their point totals (get it down to zero) BEFORE buying or adding any additional points for fear of losing 300 points come summer 2010.

Again, this posting is for people who keep a balance in their Live account (like me). If this doesn't apply to you then don't sweat it, there's no need for alarm or to even post about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='gar3']Did anyone else notice the disclaimer attached to these if you went through XboxLive.com to redeem them? It basically said you have until June or July (sorry, been a whole day already, heh) 2010 to use the points or else they'd be cleared from your account. Obviously I and many others will burn through 300 points no problem but I like to keep around 8000 points in my account at all times. I'm guessing that like a credit card these particular 300 points are at the tail end of what is already in one's account. If that's true it means I would have to burn through like 9100 points without adding any additional points to my account and then use the 300 points or else they will disappear next year.

Just posting my theory on this.[/QUOTE]

No need to worry. Any points you buy don't have an expiration date but any that get from promotions usually have expiration dates. Xbox will use any points with the earliest expiration date before using any without one.
I just read that on their site not too long ago because I won 400 points from the mustang contest they had going on.

[quote name='karn10']Xbox will use any points with the earliest expiration date before using any without one.
I just read that on their site not too long ago because I won 400 points from the mustang contest they had going on.[/QUOTE]
I hope that is the case.

The disclaimer:
NOTE: These Microsoft Points Codes will expire from your account at 11:59 PM ET on June 30, 2010. You must redeem these Microsoft Points prior to this expiration date.

bread's done
Back