Xbox 360 games that can be played on the xbox one master list

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sucks you can't just insert the disc once and never have to again as it would be nice to sell some of these games. I still have my 360 in the meantime but a nice chunk of change could have been made if they did it like that and eventually made every game I have BC as then I could also get rid of the 360.
What are you taking about

Sucks you can't just insert the disc once and never have to again as it would be nice to sell some of these games. I still have my 360 in the meantime but a nice chunk of change could have been made if they did it like that and eventually made every game I have BC as then I could also get rid of the 360.
What are you taking about
He's talking about not needing the disk in the console to play once the game is downloaded. That would be an opening for rampant abuse, as I could see a dozen or so local Xbox friends just passing around game disks so they all have the same games for free.

He's talking about not needing the disk in the console to play once the game is downloaded. That would be an opening for rampant abuse, as I could see a dozen or so local Xbox friends just passing around game disks so they all have the same games for free.
What game is he talking about

[quote name="starmask2k3" post="13040145" timestamp="1447972850"]

What game is he talking about[/quote]
I imagine any game in the BC program.

BTW, anyone who does NOT own Fallout 3 digitally but rather the GOTY disk, do you have access to all of the DLC? I have the disk and it only gives me access to Broken Steel (last time I checked).

Last edited by a moderator:
This just wouldn't work. If they were to allow this, imagine how many sales they would lose on? Digital sales would go down for them and so on. It's just not possible.

It's the same thing as past backwards compatibility. You still need the disc/cartridge for it to work,

This just wouldn't work. If they were to allow this, imagine how many sales they would lose on? Digital sales would go down for them and so on. It's just not possible.

It's the same thing as past backwards compatibility. You still need the disc/cartridge for it to work,
[SIZE=12.8px]You're right of course, but it reminded me of something Shipwreck once said in a CAGCast. What if they programmed it so that you only had to put the game in once per week or something. That's kind of a compromise. Right, I know. It will never happen. [/SIZE]

Played Just Cause 2 and Rainbow Six Vegas.  Both played extremely well, and whats really cool is that after install you don't need the disc in anymore.  COD:BO1 is supposed to be on next month, sweet!

Played Just Cause 2 and Rainbow Six Vegas. Both played extremely well, and whats really cool is that after install you don't need the disc in anymore. COD:BO1 is supposed to be on next month, sweet!
If you don't own the games digitally, you will need to keep the disk for the game in the console. But it sounds like you may own them digitally, which is reasonable since they werer both GwG titles at some point.

The only game you need to have the disc for   is rare reply collection

I am surprised we still do not have any info on the BC list for this month... Unless we have and I just do not know? Last I heard Hyrb said it would be soon. And that was like a week ago?

I am surprised we still do not have any info on the BC list for this month... Unless we have and I just do not know? Last I heard Hyrb said it would be soon. And that was like a week ago?
That's the problem with terms like "soon," Angry Banana. They leave wiggle room in when they have to actually announce.

what other games need the disc to play them
Any game that you own on disk, requires the disk to play. Any game that you bought through xbox.com or through the console does not require the disk (which is great because if you bought it this way you probably wouldn't have the disk anyway).

Added to BC:

• Braid
  • Deus Ex: Human Revolution
  • Doritos Crash Course
  • Fable III
  • Halo: Reach
  • Hydro Thunder
  • Iron Brigade
  • Kane & Lynxh 2
  • Motocross Madness
  • Ms. Pac Man
  • Peggle
  • Portal: Still Alive
  • Spelunky
  • Splosion Man
  • Ticket to Ride
  • Zuma's Revenge
Good god most of those suck. At this rate it will be years before most of the good stuff we want make it on there. What's the point in having that poll on their site for games with most interest to get BC faster if they clearly aren't going to go by it even a little?

Added to BC:

• Braid
  • Deus Ex: Human Revolution
  • Doritos Crash Course
  • Fable III
  • Halo: Reach
  • Hydro Thunder
  • Iron Brigade
  • Kane & Lynxh 2
  • Motocross Madness
  • Ms. Pac Man
  • Peggle
  • Portal: Still Alive
  • Spelunky
  • Splosion Man
  • Ticket to Ride
  • Zuma's Revenge
Good god most of those suck. At this rate it will be years before most of the good stuff we want make it on there. What's the point in having that poll on their site for games with most interest to get BC faster if they clearly aren't going to go by it even a little?
I mean, I'm stoked at portal, reach, braid and deus ex. Will download sposion man again and give that a new shot.

I am actually really excited for Hydro Thunder and Ticket to Ride. Local multiplayer is severely lacking on the X1 so at least I get to play some solid ones from the 360 age.

I tried a ton of the XBLA games and they all run well.

Retail it seems to vary title per title. At first (imho) the Gears games were unplayable. Lag and input latency everywhere. After several patches Gears 1 was really good, Gears 2 solid, Gears 3 great for the most part outside of later horde mode levels and some input latency.

The same happened with Borderlands 1. It had a lot of frame rate/control issues but after the last patch It's pretty much 1:1 of the 360 version.

Halo Reach I'm hoping is going to get the same love that the Gears games get. Because right now imho Reach is unplayable. The sound cuts out in the single player and it seems to run at 15-20fps. The same goes for MP (though no sound cut out in my match).

As stated by digital foundry Fallout 3 actually runs better on the X1. I'm sure there are other titles as well.

This could be why we didn't get Black Ops, Bioshock etc. because those titles are going to require some work to get to run well I'm guessing. XBLA games look easy as pie so would not be surprised if we see a larger XBLA portion over the next few months till MS figures out how to get the disc titles to perform on par without much effort.

As a new Xbox One owner I'm loving backwards compatibility, I hope the list continues to grow (and include my faves like Red Dead Redemption, the Rocksteady Batman Arkham games, Dead Space trilogy, etc). Currently with a very limited number of HDMI inputs on my TV I'm using the Xbox One HDMI input port to connect my Xbox 360 (which seems to work okay), as the BC list grows I'm hoping to remove the 360 from my entertainment center altogether. I'll give it to my boys once they get old enough to play.

Kind of an OT rant, but I think it's extremely annoying that in order to play a physical copy of a X1 game I have to first "install" the game, which easily takes 30 minutes to an hour. When you have a wife, very energetic boys ages 2 and 3, and a full time job its hard getting game time in, now I have to waste an hour of that very limited game time to install a damn game before I can even play it. I feel like, besides resale, physical copies are essentially useless on the X1. Maybe there's another benefit to them I don't know about? 

Anyway, great thread!

Kind of an OT rant, but I think it's extremely annoying that in order to play a physical copy of a X1 game I have to first "install" the game, which easily takes 30 minutes to an hour. When you have a wife, very energetic boys ages 2 and 3, and a full time job its hard getting game time in, now I have to waste an hour of that very limited game time to install a damn game before I can even play it. I feel like, besides resale, physical copies are essentially useless on the X1. Maybe there's another benefit to them I don't know about?
Physical disc to combat piracy for disc based sales. Just let the game install while you are doing something else. I start my installs then I grab food, catch up on emails, or go out for some quick grocery shopping, etc.

Any game that you own on disk, requires the disk to play. Any game that you bought through xbox.com or through the console does not require the disk (which is great because if you bought it this way you probably wouldn't have the disk anyway).
I was talking about the games you get free with some Xbox one games

Why's that?
Who knows :(

BTW lots of titles updates today according to people on GAF and others.

Assassins Creed 2
Dirt 3
Dirt Showdown
Dungeon Siege 3
Fallout 3
Gears 1
Gears 2
Gears Judgement
Just Cause 2
Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising
Rare Replay games
South Park Stick of Truth. Etc.

They must have discovered something with the emulator/made improvements. I can confirm Dirt Showdown is pretty much 1:1 graphically/framerate wise now with the 360 version. Unsure about handling but it seems a lot better to the point where I didn't notice any issues with the controls.

Sadly Halo Reach and Gears 3 did not get updates today *yet*

1/6/2016 edit: Played Gears Judgement and it runs a lot better, especially in overrun. But It's not 1:1 yet.
1/8/2016 edit: Gears 3 runs a lot better in multiplayer but not as good as Judgement.Horde 3 is generally crappy still. Gears 2 on the other hand was great, less noticable input lag aka i could get perfect reloads as easy I could on the 360, and horde mode ran fine but only tested with 2 people.

1/9/2016 Reach got updated and runs *AND* controls a lot better. Only thing that seemed to be left is sound glitches which can be quite annoying. It seems like even more titles got updates, as i only had about 5 games not updated. Pretty much everything has been improved outside of Horde Mode in Gears 3 so far and possibly Torchlight. but I think Torchlight didn't run well on the 360 either. Bout to find out now.

[quote name="starmask2k3" post="13132910" timestamp="1451655525"]I was talking about the games you get free with some Xbox one games[/quote]
Ooh gotcha. The codes for the :360: games that come with :xb1: games grant you the ability to play that :360: game without having any disk in the console.

I finished the main story of just cause 3 and I liked the game a lot. I've never played jc2 before. Will going back to play jc2 be enjoyable or will I just end up missing all the new improvements?

Asking here because jc2 is bc.

I finished the main story of just cause 3 and I liked the game a lot. I've never played jc2 before. Will going back to play jc2 be enjoyable or will I just end up missing all the new improvements?

Asking here because jc2 is bc.
Jc2 is a different game from 3

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 works as well but requires a bit of work around. You need to follow someone who has played it and check their followers. You can use me: David Hibiki, and look at who I'm following and you should find Tekken Tag Tournament 2.

Also a lot of games tested recently, so It's just a matter of publishers giving their seal of approval:

Skyrim

COD2

COD Black Ops 1

COD Modern Warfare 3

EvB on Neogaf said these were all tested at one point:

Castlevania Symphony of the Night
Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare
Toy Story 3
Portal 2
HItman Absolution
Street Fighter IV
Red Dead Redemption
Soul Calibur IV
Alan Wake
Harms Way
Resident Evil
Dead Island
Dead island Riptide
Crackdown
Crackdown 2
Sonic Adventure
Dragonball Z Xenoverse
Tron Evolution
Batman Arkham Asylum
Batman Arkham City
Metal Gear HD Collection
Asura's Wrath
Risen
Bayonetta

Others since that post:
Left 4 Dead 1
Left 4 Dead 2 (was playable at one point before MS removed the loop hole)

I'm sure we'll get more games soon. Chances are that if the game was a big seller and the publisher isn't a douche then it will be backwards. Or other issues are hampering progress like multiple disc titles. Phil Spencer said himself that all MS published titles will eventually be BC, so if they can fix the multi disc issue you should see Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back