Xbox 360 Hard Drive Data Migration Transfer Kit

shibaraski

CAGiversary!
Feedback
47 (100%)
I'm looking for a data migration kit.
I will pay around 15 buxs.

State of Emergency. I need to transfer my saved files NOW.

Thanks guys

if you can wait a week or so, call microsoft and ask for one. they'll mail it to you free of charge and it should arrive w/in 8-10 days.

[quote name='sguttmann']if you can wait a week or so, call microsoft and ask for one. they'll mail it to you free of charge and it should arrive w/in 8-10 days.[/quote]
Don't you have to have the s/n for both an old and new consoles?

Btw, if you have an old 20GB HDD only, can you transfer the files it it to a new console using the migration kit? So far from what I read I got the impression that you have to mount the new HDD to the old console (the one that the old 20GB HDD was from) via the USB and do the migration to the new drive. What if you old console is dead and you want to transfer whatever is good in the old HDD to the new console?

i transferred the data from my old 20gb to a new 60gb. the old hd needs to be attached to the console and new new on at the end of the cable.

I got mine for free without having a S/N for the new console...go to Xbox.com and find the form for the data transfer cable. In the space where it wants the new S/N# just put "Purchased - waiting arrival". That what I did and faxed it in and my cable arrive about 3 days later. GOOD LUCK!!

[quote name='Tommymoe']I got mine for free without having a S/N for the new console...go to Xbox.com and find the form for the data transfer cable. In the space where it wants the new S/N# just put "Purchased - waiting arrival". That what I did and faxed it in and my cable arrive about 3 days later. GOOD LUCK!![/QUOTE]

Thanks for that heads up, going to try it now.

[quote name='johnnyrocker360']there is really no need to buy something that you only use once. lol it makes me laugh that people pay for these.[/quote]

i second this, allthough that was great to get free money from ebay :bouncy:

When I got my elite they sent me two transfer kits. I though Microsoft was stupid till I saw that I could get money for them on ebay. Saved 50 dollars on my purchase.

Hey everybody... If anyone has a transfer kit that I can borrow, I would be more than happy to pay for shipping and a bit extra for your trouble. I really would appreciate it.

[quote name='sguttmann']if you can wait a week or so, call microsoft and ask for one. they'll mail it to you free of charge and it should arrive w/in 8-10 days.[/QUOTE]

I just ordered mine today and was told the same thing. Didn't even have to lie about having an elite console. Have to wait 8-10 days but that's OK since it is free.

Hi all,

I desperately need one of these kits to use... will send it straight back! Can anyone help?

Oh yeah, Im in London ;0)

Cheers

Suds

like i tell every thread that opens about this, i have 4 of them, and no one wants them...just pay shipping and their yours

all gone...thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
I faxed in the form a few weeks ago but haven't heard anything back. I'm a little worried at this point. I really don't want to pay for something I only need to use once. I still have the 10gig hdd and want to upgrade it, but don't want to do so until I can get my hands on one of these. Any suggestions?

[quote name='johnnyrocker360']there is really no need to buy something that you only use once. lol it makes me laugh that people pay for these.[/QUOTE]

If I subscribed to that thinking, I'd have starved to death right after moving out of my mom's house.

xbox customer service did their best to tell me repeatedly that they cannot send me a migration kit for free, and apologized about a dozen times even though I have s/n for a pro and 2 elites. I even told them, send it to me and after the migration I'll send it back. No dice.

I gave up after about 8 tries via multiple emails and phone calls and bought a 512MB MU, which of course actually only has a capacity of 467 - 478MB.

You can transfer your saved files that way too, the only thing that doesn't transfer however is saved games under other local profiles.

Anybody have one I could borrow or buy cheap? I'd pay shipping both ways or buy one off somebody for like $8. I just don't want to get one off ebay with some DVD-R, I'd rather have the official shit.

I was going to just transfer shit across using my 64MB memory card, but apparently can't transfer some saves, most importantly my puzzle quest save...

[quote name='SpazX']Anybody have one I could borrow or buy cheap? I'd pay shipping both ways or buy one off somebody for like $8. I just don't want to get one off ebay with some DVD-R, I'd rather have the official shit.

I was going to just transfer shit across using my 64MB memory card, but apparently can't transfer some saves, most importantly my puzzle quest save...[/QUOTE]
For my Puzzle Quest Save, it would not copy to a memory card, but it DID move...had to take it completely off the console and onto the memory card. I then saved it to my computer and moved it back to the console.

any confirmation if these will work moving from a 120gb to the new 250gb drives? i preordered the COD system of course and want to make sure these'll work. i thought i remember reading there was a difference depending when the kits were made...

[quote name='Link127']any confirmation if these will work moving from a 120gb to the new 250gb drives? i preordered the COD system of course and want to make sure these'll work. i thought i remember reading there was a difference depending when the kits were made...[/QUOTE]

I haven't read anything about that, but I'll let you know Nov. 10. ;)

[quote name='zeb06']For my Puzzle Quest Save, it would not copy to a memory card, but it DID move...had to take it completely off the console and onto the memory card. I then saved it to my computer and moved it back to the console.[/QUOTE]

Awesome, thanks, that worked. I had just been copying so I didn't fuck anything up. No dice for my Fable II hero or DOA4 save though, but I'm not as concerned with them.

On a semi-related note, for the XBLA games that don't have a save file, but clearly had to save something (splosion man, arkadian warriors, etc.), is that in my profile or in the game file itself?

Does anyone know where I can get an Xport 360 for a low price, and if it's still sold in stores?

If not, I'll post it in a new thread.

Looking for one of these too, as I really hate paying M$ more money for nothing. Any kind hearted CAGs have an extra kit they're willing to part with temporarily?

[quote name='SpazX'] On a semi-related note, for the XBLA games that don't have a save file, but clearly had to save something (splosion man, arkadian warriors, etc.), is that in my profile or in the game file itself?[/QUOTE]

Its in your profile.

For above questions about file transfer kits - I just bought a large memory stick at BB and transfered all my saved game and profiles in 2 tries, if you played a lot of games it might take a couple more tries - then I just returned the memory stick and got all my money back.
It was the quickest and a free way to get this done, without paying MS 12 bucks and waiting 2 weeks for the official kit.

Hope that helps.

Looking for someone to help me clear up some questions before I transfer my data from my 20GB HDD to my new 60 HDD.
I have an existing xbox 360 with a 20 HDD which still works but I have a feeling it is on its last leg. I would like to use this 360 downstairs so I could use it for some system link games.
I last week bought a 360 arcade unit from Walmart and a 60 GB HDD from GS.
I also just received the Hard Drive Transfer Cable in the mail today from ebay.
So i have all the parts needed to do the transfer to a bigger HDD but will both of the hard drives be usable after I tranfer the data from my 20 GB to my 60 GB HDD?
I want all my games and game user info to be on my 60 GB HD and it doesn't matter what user info is left on the 20 GB HD. The arcade unit with 60 GB HDD will be my main unit and 20GB as a secondary.
Sorry this may seem like obvious to you all but I don't want to screw anything up.

[quote name='buff89']Looking for someone to help me clear up some questions before I transfer my data from my 20GB HDD to my new 60 HDD.
I have an existing xbox 360 with a 20 HDD which still works but I have a feeling it is on its last leg. I would like to use this 360 downstairs so I could use it for some system link games.
I last week bought a 360 arcade unit from Walmart and a 60 GB HDD from GS.
I also just received the Hard Drive Transfer Cable in the mail today from ebay.
So i have all the parts needed to do the transfer to a bigger HDD but will both of the hard drives be usable after I tranfer the data from my 20 GB to my 60 GB HDD?
I want all my games and game user info to be on my 60 GB HD and it doesn't matter what user info is left on the 20 GB HD. The arcade unit with 60 GB HDD will be my main unit and 20GB as a secondary.
Sorry this may seem like obvious to you all but I don't want to screw anything up.[/QUOTE]
Theoretically, once you transfer over your files from the 20G to the 60G, the 20G should be completely wiped because Microsoft is a dick and won't let you just copy over the files. But anyways, you SHOULD be able to use the 20G still because all it did was just "restart", but it won't have anything left on it (which you stated that don't really care about)

Damn. I mailed in one of those forms for a free transfer kit and got a letter from MS today saying I have to call the 1-800 number and pay $13 to get a transfer cable.

I called Microsoft yesterday to place an order for a data migration kit and it took an hour and a half and three separate calls. Each time I had to answer the same questions about upgrading my hard drive and verify all my information. The operators were incredibly stupid. The second one expressed surprise that I had two different consoles registered to my account. I had to explain that the reason I needed the data migration kit was because I owned two consoles. Seriously! How hard is that! Apparently there was something wrong with their computer system and the order would not go through. I wanted so badly to ask them if it was a problem with their operating system. Really a horrible waste of my time. Plus, they say it will take 2-3 weeks to get to me. Just order a cheap kit from Hong Kong on Ebay. It can't be worse than dealing with Microsoft.

[quote name='Emily76']I called Microsoft yesterday to place an order for a data migration kit and it took an hour and a half and three separate calls. Each time I had to answer the same questions about upgrading my hard drive and verify all my information. The operators were incredibly stupid. The second one expressed surprise that I had two different consoles registered to my account. I had to explain that the reason I needed the data migration kit was because I owned two consoles. Seriously! How hard is that! Apparently there was something wrong with their computer system and the order would not go through. I wanted so badly to ask them if it was a problem with their operating system. Really a horrible waste of my time. Plus, they say it will take 2-3 weeks to get to me. Just order a cheap kit from Hong Kong on Ebay. It can't be worse than dealing with Microsoft.[/QUOTE]

You do know that the migration Kit has a software code with too. This is the main reason why you can't borrow a used one because you have to pay Microsoft $13 to get code which still comes with cable and CD. Don't waste buying off Ebay since its just a waste of money. There is no point buying a used one or aftermarket because they will not work. Microsoft now forces you to buy from them.

bread's done
Back